Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEEDBACK on Get to Work: Tell us what you think

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
This is the place for you, the players, to tell us, the studio, what you think of The Sims 4 Get to Work.
  • Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
  • Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
  • Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
Happy Simming!
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• WikdwikkanWikdwikkan Posts: 37 Member
    I wish I could but for some reason, it's not letting me play the game! Even though I pre-ordered months ago! It's still showing it as greyed out (even though there's no option to download or install.) Any ideas on what's wrong?
    7821274de0237b0448d0602cb7e52a2c.jpg
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I was only able to stay awake through the download and about 15 minutes of game play. I sent my Sim to the NPC stores and WOW! tons of other Sims were there. I got so tired of the empty venues in Sims 3. Grimmy was at the NPC store too, I think this EP has so much variety and so many things to do!
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    I really love the detective career

i really hate that we cant restock from our inventory. its a shame we have food or copies or what ever in our inventory and still have to pay to restock.
  • jannelahajannelaha Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm loving all of the new furniture. My only problem right now is that I can't follow my sim to work at the science lab, I go to a loading screen and the game crashes, I wanna meet some aliens! :(
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    @Wikdwikkan try logging out of your origin account and logging back in or just go back to the main games window and hit refresh its possible it didnt refresh...if your still having an issue contact support one way or another (i prefer by phone its easier to get the point across vocally for me)
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I beat you to it gurus. :D I started a similar thread that already has many reviews. It seems a lot of people like the EP
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • UEASTONUEASTON Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2015
    I am REALLY enjoying this EP! I like that your household can own a retail store, and individuals can still have other jobs. Right now I have a doctor and cop in my household and it's so fun to go to work with them.
  • samkelly1107samkelly1107 Posts: 29 New Member
    i have one suggestion so far, when you buy a retail store and hire a person to work there make them ring the customers up, what is the point in hiring if they do not help in anyway?
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    The EP is so much fun! I've only tried retail a little, baking, and a few sim-days of the doctor career so there is much more to discover. I have to say that the changes to photography from Sims 3 make it so much better. I love the filters and selfies but being able to take multiple photos at once is so great. I feel like I won't miss any big moments now.
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    • I am enjoying it very much. I am impressed with the huge amount of Build/Buy items and CAS items. Photography and Baking are very fun and appealing to me. Clothing and hair looks stylish and flattering. There alone I felt I had my money's worth.
    • The careers are very well done, deeper and more involving than in The Sims 3 Ambitions and The Sims 3 Showtime. However, because I play big families, I don't see myself playing them againg after completing them the first time... I can't really ignore seven sims to play one...
    • Retail is a different matter! You can run your business Chinese-style and have the whole family help, so it's nice. I am impressed with the fact you can build virtually ANY kind of retail business, including selling the things your sim make themselves. It balso gives the chance of giving my sims more places to go, even if they don't own all businesses. I am pleased I don't have to write every single copy of my books, that copies can be made. I like that you have to convince costumers to buy. It's challenging. It just baffles me that no money is exchanged and no card is swiped. How are they paying?
    • Magnolia Promenade is very beatiful. The open area is huge, with things to do. I love it so much I am mulling making it residential and living there!
    • Locking doors seem such an easy feature to implement and we don't have it. I really want areas of my business to be employee-only. People shoundn't be able to wander into a bakery's kitchen.
    • I was surprised and glad that there is new CAS music! More variety! I loved seeing Echosmith in the soundtrack too.
    • Aliens are very well-done, but supernaturals are not interesting to me. I wish we could turn aliens off.
    • Basements went above and beyond!
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    In a session of ask a guru one of the gurus said you can sell collectables. It seems I am unable to set mysims trophies and crystals for sale. Is there a way around this?
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

• Also, not sure if this is a bug, but it doesn't always ask me if I want to go to work with my sim... I assumed we could choose every single shift? For two days in a row it did not ask me.

Wait, does this mean you can't go to work with them or do you go automatically?

• mjsegalinemjsegaline Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    My cop made rank 4, detective and his uniform didn't change. He is still using his officer uniform. This as intended?

The EP is great so far. You guys put a lot of work in. Excited to see what's next.

Would like to see some kind of resisting arrest mechanic, where the perp fights or runs. Like in the cop and Llama trailer. Might be in game at higher levels already. Not sure
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ems0309 wrote: »
    In a session of ask a guru one of the gurus said you can sell collectables. It seems I am unable to set mysims trophies and crystals for sale. Is there a way around this?

I wonder if the emitter is turned on if that stops them from being set to sell?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    I love the game there's somethings I've got to get used to,but other than that I love the game.It's been along time in the waiting.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Hey!

Its Howdy Simmer!

How ya doing?:)

I just wanted to inform you that I started a Sims 4 GTW Lets Play yesterday! I was recording Part 3 today when
    one of my sims was going off to the science lab to work but then it crashed on the loading screen! I repaired the game a few times and I tried the game about 4 times but it crashed all those times! Could you please fix this? People really want to see it in my LP but they can't because it keeps crashing! (Doesn't do it for any of the other careers)!

Thanks

Howdy!:)
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2015
    Oh and I love GTW so far:)
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited April 2015
    Tell us what you are enjoying and why.
    This is going to be a long list, and I will update it as I play through more of the content.

Buy/Build Mode:
    I am absolutely enamored with the industrial/office themed buy and build objects. TS4 base game was very "Reginold, fetch me my glass slipper". Buy/Build was very classy and there was little "grit" or rustic content. OR helped with that a little, but GTW really fleshed out the options for building styles. It would have been spot on perfect if there had been a few "aged" metal recolors included, or even just 1 rusty metal recolor. lol You guys always make everything so PRETTY! (This is both a complement and a criticism. ;) lol)

Scientist Career:
    At this time, I have only play tested the Scientist career. I appreciate that all the collectibles and items I have needed for my scientist's progress have been located somewhere on the career lot. The greenhouse in the laboratory is a very nice touch, and the multiple nodes to dig up collectibles from have been very helpful. I have not needed the fishing hole, yet, but I'm sure I'll get a task that sends me there soon. lol

So far my co-workers have been great for immersion and that "lab tech" sort of feel. They have also been a source of entertainment all on their own (workplace mischief is grand! lol). I was worried that they'd only play the computer all day, but I see them using the scientist benches as well. This is great and gives an authentic feel to the lab.

The Immersion in the career lot is spot on. I'm loving the smoke and steam spewing from the machines, the audio is great too. It's awesome to actually hear the machines humming away outside when you get near them. The lot is a lot larger than I anticipated it would be, and the picnic area at the entrance reminds me of something that would be attached to the road leading into Strangetown. Great for nostalgia, and the lot is well crafted with so many fine details that make it a believable environment and a pleasant one to spend your work day in. So far the tasks have been challenging to complete in the standard time allowed (I have not extended my workday yet), but not so difficult that I have found myself frustrated. It's a good fit for how I like to play. I feel it is important to note that my scientist sim is prepared for these extended work day with a full set of traits for hygiene, bladder, hunger, etc. For a novice sim who doesn't have these traits, the tasks may seem overwhelming. I LIKE this, though. I feel like this is a career for micromanaging simmers who enjoy a more challenging and fast pace gaming experience. I have enjoyed this career immensely thus far.

This is a lot worth loading into.

CAS:
    The alien makeup is wonderful. You guys have honestly outdone yourselves in this regard. The styles are definitely out of this world, but still look beautiful in that exotic galactic way. A few more color options would be appreciated, but they match well with the alien skins.

The alien skins are INCREDIBLE! Thank you for offering so many colors and that stark white skin definitely takes the cake!

Thank you for opening up some makeup options for males. If you could allow all of them, I would be incredibly thankful.

The clothing and hairstyles fit the theme of GTW, and are visually pleasing to me. I appreciate how many were added, and that you didn't leave the kids out! lol

The new jewelry is AWESOME! There is not one that I don't like. Please give guys the option of only having one earring in the future, though. <3

Tell us about any bugs or glitches you find so we can get them fixed.
    #1: After a few weeks of in game sim play, my inventory started bugging out. I made effort to keep the clutter in it minimal (selling off many items I didn't need) so while there is a lot of material in it, it's not what I would consider an excessive amount. My sims inventory has become unresponsive to dragging items in and out of the inventory. Also, if I scroll up to the beginning of the inventory, there are blank spaces where the objects that should be rendering are not. If I scroll to the top of my inventory, a strawberry symbol shows and I cannot deselect this strawberry or interact with my inventory. If I scroll to the bottom of the inventory, it's a my sim collectible instead of a strawberry that is selected, and attempting to interact with my inventory only results with a smudging effect on the collectible thumbnail icons. Any loading screen (going to work or the gym, etc) seems to reset the inventory and fix the issue for now.

Ex 1:
    TS4%20Bug%20Inventory_zpsf9bcjwr4.jpg

Ex 2:
    TS4%20Bug%20Inventory%202_zpsmxaaw1hw.jpg

#2. After multiple weeks of teleporting into work, it would seem my sim can't introduce himself to some of his colleagues at work, now. When I select any introduction, my sim and the sim I wish to introduce myself to, both lock up and I have to use "testingcheatsenabled" to "reset/debug" them. Ending the work day early seems to fix it for the work day that follows.

Help us to continue tuning performance and gameplay by providing feedback on your experience.
    *My load times have improved with GTW
    *The fast forward settings only seem to increase play speed by a very limited amount.
    *I thought I would be ok with the alien lock out on clothing, but it really does chafe. Please do not do that again with occults in the future. :( It is very frustrating, especially when the aliens are children and don't have access to ANYTHING but a single space suit. The disguises are a wonderful feature, but if you are going to lock CAS down on the alien side of things, I feel the aliens of ALL ages need more options.

*I am sad that pointy alien ears do not transfer with the alien skintone. After a lot of experimenting it would seem that my half aliens can only receive the alien skintone OR full alien appearance/powers. I was hoping for a more complicated genetic system that would allow half aliens to inherit just the eyes, or just the ears, or both eyes, ears, and skintone but have hair.

Currently it would appear I only have two choices. Alien colored skin with sim hair, ears, and eyes OR a full fledged alien with no sim characteristics. This is a bit disappointing. I hope to see more in depth genetic options in the future. :(
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ems0309 wrote: »

I wonder if the emitter is turned on if that stops them from being set to sell?

Emitter? What's that?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top