Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Fire Potential Fix

FearfekFearfek Posts: 1 New Member
So, having the same issue everyone else is running into with small fires, I ran through just about every theorized fix that was out there. Naturally, none of them worked. I decided to look a little closer at what was happening on-lot with the glitched jobs, and noticed that absolutely no tile fires were spawning. All my other job types also refused to spawn tile fires, instead only containing window fires when the occasional large fire came along. I concluded that something in the last patch completely buggered fire spawning, and decided to test out that theory by picking up a rather old fire mod, simply named "More intense fire." I figured a mod tuning the properties of fire based on a much older game patch would remove any errant settings introduced by the recent version. Upon installation, fires began spawning correctly again, and with some manual tests I made sure that those jobs were not lucky flukes.

I'd like some confirmation from other players to see if this mod truly fixes this issue. I'd also like to know if I was the only one not receiving tile fires in any job, as that's a detail I didn't see in the posts I browsed previously. With any luck, this can be a rather simple fix for quite an annoying issue.

Comments

• Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I don't use mods, but I understand as I have had in my game
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I usually don't use mods but I had to use one to fix the berate ignorance problem. I was referred here by @Bily_jednorozec.

I also had this issue, I ran the game with Ambitions and Movie Stuff while updated with 1.67. The small fires didn't spawn even when using testingcheatsenabled true. From my bug thread, I've learned it's caused by having a house on a foundation.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I have to correct myself: The house itself may be built on a foundation as long as there's at least one room which isn't (e.g. a garage) - the fire will most likely spawn there.

@Fearfek I tested some versions of that mod but none of them really fixed the small fire issue.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali