Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Mill tea set

I have the base game + High End stuff + Late Night + Seasons installed (correctly).

I purchased and downloaded the Old Mill set from the Sims3 Store yesterday.

There is a problem with the tea set animations. My sims pours tea in the cup and puts sugar in it but then, instead of drinking the tea, there is a glitch and my sim finds herself standing up on the side of the table.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    try deleting your cashe package files, the game will generate new ones every time you play

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • doudoudofdoudoudof Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you Phoebebebe13 but it did not work. The same problem still happens, both with the Sims that I have created and the computer-generated ones.
    edited March 2015
    Hm I own the mill but I dont have this glitch. Let me ask around and see if someone else knows a possible solution

do you have any cc or mods? Have you tried pulling the sims 3 file, the game will generate a new file and test the game that way?
    Yes I do have a few cc installed (clothes and objects) and they work fine. Maybe they are conflicting with the Old Mill set? I don't know... I do not have any mods. Please let me know if you hear about other people who have the same problem.

Karritz, thank you for the link, I will have to look into it as I am new with ccmerged files. Will let you know.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    doudoudof wrote: »
    Yes I do have a few cc installed (clothes and objects) and they work fine. Maybe they are conflicting with the Old Mill set? I don't know... I do not have any mods. Please let me know if you hear about other people who have the same problem.

Karritz, thank you for the link, I will have to look into it as I am new with ccmerged files. Will let you know.

because its a premium item from the store it could be your ccmerged file is broken, its the file that codes new store animation, two ways to fix uninstall all premium items remove old ccmerged file and reinstall all this will build a new one. or you can use nona's here i have its very helpful :) but i think she also provides other troubleshooting options

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

good luck
    The EA team told me that I was not the only one experiencing this problem and that a patch to fix it should be available "soon"...
    The EA team told me that I was not the only one experiencing this problem and that a patch to fix it should be available "soon"...

They told you they are putting out a new patch for the sims 3 or a store patch? That would be nice!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

please do try my suggestions its a very common problem, good luck
    I do not know if it will be a store patch or a new patch. They just told me that they were working on a patch to fix this issue with the Old Mill tea set because other people have been reporting the same problem as mine.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I do not know if it will be a store patch or a new patch. They just told me that they were working on a patch to fix this issue with the Old Mill tea set because other people have been reporting the same problem as mine.
    Helpful though anything like that might be, I'm afraid you may have been told something by a support rep who was reading from a very old script. Although there is still support for TS3 and the store keeps going strong, there hasn't been any EA development on TS3 in ages; that department has long since shut down. The last patch we got was almost fifteen months ago, in January 2014.

We could admittedly be pleasantly surprised if EA decides to restaff TS3 projects -- even if that means fixing existing items rather than generating new ones. But I wouldn't wait around for that. The ccmerge fixes sounds like a much more promising way to go. Nona's advice and replacement files have helped countless players enjoy the store premium objects in their games that just weren't working right or even recognized without them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Helpful though anything like that might be, I'm afraid you may have been told something by a support rep who was reading from a very old script. Although there is still support for TS3 and the store keeps going strong, there hasn't been any EA development on TS3 in ages; that department has long since shut down. The last patch we got was almost fifteen months ago, in January 2014.

We could admittedly be pleasantly surprised if EA decides to restaff TS3 projects -- even if that means fixing existing items rather than generating new ones. But I wouldn't wait around for that. The ccmerge fixes sounds like a much more promising way to go. Nona's advice and replacement files have helped countless players enjoy the store premium objects in their games that just weren't working right or even recognized without them.

Thanks Igazor. It sounded to good to be true that we might be getting new patches. :'(
    ceejay402 thank you for your comment. I am very unfamiliar with the ccmerged file and I am "afraid" that my saved games might get deleted if I try to mess up with the ccmerged file.
    ceejay402 thank you for your comment. I am very unfamiliar with the ccmerged file and I am "afraid" that my saved games might get deleted if I try to mess up with the ccmerged file.
    The ccmerged file has nothing to do with your saved games. It's needed to access your store premium content and make it work correctly. Again, replacing theirs with Nona's version (you can always save your original one someplace, such as in a folder on your desktop; it's only one file) has helped many players with their broken store items. The worst thing it can do is not work and your store items remain broken, which is no worse than where you are now. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Well I followed your advice and followed Nona's instructions by the letter. And guess what? I'm still having the exact same animation problem. I think I'll delete everything that came with the Old Mill set and I'll kiss my $20.00 goodbye... and will never buy anything from the EA online store again!
    Before you do that, if it's not too late, do you have the Mods/Packages with Resource.cfg framework set up to accept package based custom content? Keep Nona' ccmerged in your DCBackup folder but make a spare copy of it. Put the copy in Mods/Overrides. No one seems to know why and it doesn't really have anything to do with mods, but this has worked for some players.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Not everyone can use the ccmerged file from Nona.

The way to fix the problem is to make your own.

1 uninstall your premium content
    2 delete the ccmerged file
    3 install all your premium content.

My personal preference is to make a clean Sims 3 folder but that involves installing all store content again.
    I went for the easiest option: contacted EA again and they are going to give me a refund. End of the problem.