Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only 10 mannequins? :(

I remember reading somewhere that we are only allowed to have 10 total mannequins per retail lot. That's kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to making awesome window displays with some mannequins and having other ones with clothes to buy. Is this a confirmed thing?

Comments

• Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    It looks that way. It's mentioned in this post on SimsVip
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Noticed one thing about these, I only seen them for child and young adult and was thinking what about teens, but yeah forget teens are adult clones with the height thing :/

10 seems more than enough, and looking forward to doing a windows display with them!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    10 is quite a lot, I only need 5 or 6, anymore than that might make the game glitch since they're partially sims.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Blargghh wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere that we are only allowed to have 10 total mannequins per retail lot. That's kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to making awesome window displays with some mannequins and having other ones with clothes to buy. Is this a confirmed thing?

It's due to the fact they are basically frozen Sims. They even said during testing that Mannequins would walk around like normal Sims xD
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Yep would love to see Mannequins walk around in the game, creepy tho lol. :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    2kittymama2kittymama Posts: 111 Member
    What an interesting glitch that would be if your mannequins started shopping!! I do have to admit the mannequin limit is a bummer, but I understand why it is what it is if mannequins are essentially frozen sims. I've yet to find something that makes me any less excited for this EP.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if a mannequin walked up to a sim, spun around and changed into the sims outfit?
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What if a mannequin walked up to a sim, spun around and changed into the sims outfit?

Wheres a modder when you need one :smirk:
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    edited March 2015
    That's up to 300 outfits; I think you'll live. Lol
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    Ten mannequins seems like more than enough. Unless your retail lot is intended to be a mannequin factory.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    LouitaSimsLouitaSims Posts: 11 New Member
    Would LOVE to see the mannequins act as sims... would love to recreate the film Mannequin!
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    Reminds me of an show twilight zone the old series back in the sixties...(I love watching classic tv) Anyway it started of with a woman..Mrs.white (Every elegant looking) walking around a department store and she wanted to buy a thimble for her mother...someone assisted her and said they didn't sell thimbles (but she shows them an ad in the paper saying it was on sell) so she continue to walk around looking at things in the department store and the mannequins on display....

she decided to get in the elevator and go to another level to maybe find it there because they must be mistaken ...and the elevator guy told her (looking very mysterious) that the gold thimble she want would be down in the basement level where they have lots of knickknack things like that...she was happy... Mrs. white was taken to the basement level and she started shopping and a mysterious but very elegant woman sold her the thimble she wanted and she was very excited to get it....

also downstairs in the basement level seems like this is where they keep inventory and storage so she see lots of mannequin down there ...looking as if they were ready for display to go upstairs (they were fully dressed for whatever occasion)...for some reason it sort of frighten her and she had her thimble so she wanted to get out of the basement ASAP...

she got back on the elevator and was returned to the main floor...as she was leaving out the store she noticed a dent in the thimble and wanted to return it or get another one...she asked the store manager on the main floor it she could return it the manager told her that they do not sell thimbles at that store so no she couldn't return it because she couldn't have purchased it from his store....

she get a bit upset and insist that he listen to her...Mrs white said the elevator she got on took her to a certain floor in the basement and a woman down there sold her the thimble....the manager whom seem very busy thought this Mrs. white was nuts and told her it's no such a floor and NO THIMBLES ARE SOLD HER SO GO AWAY... the woman (MRS white) is very upset at this point and just decided to get in the elevator and go exchanged the thimble herself back on the level with the basement and displays of knickknacks.....

the elevator man (still looking mysterious) Took her again to that floor...when she get off the elevator...... this time...things look a bit different no displays...but the same mystery woman who sold her the thimble was down there....but all the knickknacks was gone and it didn't look like a store but more of just a storage where they keep mannequins..she asked mystery woman about the thimble display and said she needed to return the one she had because it was dented...

mystery woman walks up to Mrs. white slowly and said to her "You are not here about a thimble and you know it" still walking very slowly towards her...Mrs. white at this point think everyone at that store is crazy and said forget it I'M LEAVING...she tried to run to the elevator but it wasn't one...no elevator????....Mrs. white feels trap and screams "What's going on get me out of here!!!!" soon she started hearing her name being chanted over and over again....."What's going on??" Mrs. white screams...she started to hear her name louder and louder by a group of people...

mystery woman walks up to her and tell her not to be afraid....Mrs. white asked her how do she know her and who are the people calling her name?? the mystery lady tell Mrs. white she knows exactly who they are and right now she is a bit confused but it will soon come to her..

Mrs white refuse to believe her and started to break down...soon all of the mannequins started to move and came to life and started walking to her still chanting her name...Mrs. white screams...but yet a part of her started to feel comfortable like she's at home and she knows these mannequins....know mannequins? ...but how?

mystery woman takes Mrs white by the hand and say.."it's alright it's alright dear i try to tell you this every time you come back that you get so attached to the real world that you forget to come back on time and it make the next mannequin late for getting their time to leave and be amongst the real world...i should have been gone it was my turn because you always come back acting like this..... you always get too attached to being human for 30 days and when it time to come back and let's the others go we always miss out on some of our time" the mystery woman (we now know is a mannequin as well mannequin) started walking out to go have her turn for 30 days being a human..

Mrs. white started to cry as the other mannequins start to comfort her...it's true...it's true..she can remember now it's all true it's starting to come back to her...she's a mannequin....that's why she was lead back to that store.....it wasn't to find a gold thimble it was just her time to come back a be a mannequin again while the others get a turn....it was time for her...to come home...oh my!

the end...

or is it ??? you have to watch the old twilight zone from the 60's series to find out and figure how things happen the way it did I'm sure some things i may have added a word or two because i can't remember word from word but if you see it you will see i got 99% correct (but know that you know the ending..will it be that fun to watch?? who knows it's only 45mins to an hour. ... worth watching <3<3
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    The only thing I'm kinda bummed about mannequin wise is that there's no stage/platform tool ( yet ).
  • Options
    brunettehead001brunettehead001 Posts: 40 Member
    Oh goodness! I don't know about you guys but I think I might freak the bleep out if I see Mannequins randomly walking around in my store. LOL!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Mannequins can be placed on pedistals.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I remember in a Doctor Who episode there were mannequins walking around and the Doctor blew them up or something.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ThoughtfulTacoThoughtfulTaco Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="EAfan99;13474521"]I remember in a Doctor Who episode there were mannequins walking around and the Doctor blew them up or something. [/quote]

Oh my gosh I remember that!! My sister was creeped out and ran out of the room
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I hope there will be a mod to get rid of the limit.
  • Options
    ScottehScotteh Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm gutted about this. I just built a department store and only had 10 mannequins. I had a whole women wear, children wear, mens wear and was working on a home department. I get why they limit you but i was really getting into building this multi story. :(
    Blargghh wrote: »
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I hope there will be a mod to get rid of the limit.
    Me too.
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    HeyBaeSimsHeyBaeSims Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Blargghh said:
    > I remember reading somewhere that we are only allowed to have 10 total mannequins per retail lot. That's kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to making awesome window displays with some mannequins and having other ones with clothes to buy. Is this a confirmed thing?

Actually I found a great mod where you can have 100-300 mannequins per lot I believe. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=590541
    it does work really well and if you do put 300 mannequins it can lag a bit
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    HeyBaeSims wrote: »
    > @Blargghh said:
    > I remember reading somewhere that we are only allowed to have 10 total mannequins per retail lot. That's kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to making awesome window displays with some mannequins and having other ones with clothes to buy. Is this a confirmed thing?

Actually I found a great mod where you can have 100-300 mannequins per lot I believe. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=590541
    it does work really well and if you do put 300 mannequins it can lag a bit

Thanks for this!
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    You can also take 10 mannequins and save them as a room with four walls around them. Then keep adding that room onto your lot and you will have as many as you add!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    They count as Sims so be careful how many you add. I'm not sure they ever decided Sims wouldn't be culled if you had a lot of mannequins in your worlds. Ten storesxten mannequins..equals 100 Sims. Somebody has to get culled.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They count as Sims so be careful how many you add. I'm not sure they ever decided Sims wouldn't be culled if you had a lot of mannequins in your worlds. Ten storesxten mannequins..equals 100 Sims. Somebody has to get culled.

Really? So if I have mannequins in my sim's store then It increases my population
    What's the deal with airline food?