Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you take "Sim breaks" and how long do they usually last?

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Since 2000 I have always played The Sims. I do something Sim related everyday. If I can't play I miss it. I did stop playing the Sims 3 for about 8 months do to personal reasons and a life changing event but I still read about it online. I still have TS1 on an old computer with all my CC and play it on special days. TS2 was played the most at my house. It's on the computer in my son's old room. I have TS3 (not complete) and TS4 on my laptop but I have not played TS3 since 4 came out. I moved all my CC for TS3 to a USB storage device. I guess I really do not take a break.
  • Cosmic JesterCosmic Jester Posts: 55 Member
    I take Unintended Breaks, that is... some days I don't even turn on teh laptop, I know, SHAME on me, lol, but I have good days and bad days because of my medical reasons, (having crohn's disease sucks) it depletes you of energy and only exacerbates depression, so please don't think it is anything personal, I love you all... :)
    my origin id is @skippydaclown
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My breaks rarely last past a week. But even during that week I am thinking about it and what I want for my game.
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Since 2000 I have always played The Sims. I do something Sim related everyday. If I can't play I miss it. I did stop playing the Sims 3 for about 8 months do to personal reasons and a life changing event but I still read about it online. I still have TS1 on an old computer with all my CC and play it on special days. TS2 was played the most at my house. It's on the computer in my son's old room. I have TS3 (not complete) and TS4 on my laptop but I have not played TS3 since 4 came out. I moved all my CC for TS3 to a USB storage device. I guess I really do not take a break.

Same here.

I've played sims since it first came out 15 yrs ago. While I don't necessarily play every single day, I can't say I've ever really taken a break from it either. I might skip a day or two here and there or even try out a new game once in a while, but I still play the sims.

Over that 15 yrs I've watched less and less tv. Most programs don't interest me at all. I do like to read but it doesn't take me long to read a new book. I do love to be outside and I have a lot of outside activities. But even with that, in the evenings I'm playing sims.

I can't say I've played sims 4 that much. I'm trying to love the game but it needs much more before it's going to keep my interest for more than an hour or so. I still play sims 2 and can play it for 12 hours straight if I'm not careful. I also play sims 1 since not long ago I was able to re-download the sims 1 and all expansions. Sims 3 stopped working well after world adventures, and while I have all eps ect......eventually I just had to stop playing out of frustration.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I take breaks when I haven't updated my sim blog for a while. I don't wanna get too far ahead in the game cause then I'll forget the little details about my game that I wanna write down on my blog.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I think the longest break I had was a couple of months.
    But usually its just a week.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The longest Sims break I ever took was four months. Usually, mine will last for a week or so and then it's back to Simming.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    4 months. Not because I wanted to it's because my computer wasn't working.

But normally, I take a few days break between Simming sessions.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2015
    I call them bathroom breaks.

JK. After 2-3 years, there came points in TS3 where I would just get bored and stop playing for about a month at a time. It started to get really bad last year when I practically stopped altogether, with the exception of CAW. I got TS4 for Christmas, but I was bored with that within a week. I stopped playing for a couple of weeks and then went back to TS3.

I started getting into TS2 Ultimate Collection (haven't played TS2 in 5+ years) and have been having a blast. Don't know when the next break will be, because it's so addictive.
    Post edited by Shadecaster101 on
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I consider my "sim breaks" different.
    When I got TS3 I played it almost every day until last year a few months after TS4 came out. I kinda stopped playing it cause my files got deleted and now I can't get into playing another legacy.

But since then I play TS4 here and there, so that's my sim break for me. I only play it for a few minutes until I get bored and move on to something else. So I actually haven't *played* since November.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've taken short breaks for a few days or up to a week at a time fro TS3 because I got too sick and couldn't handle live mode.I'm currently taking a break from my regular legacies to test a new world and started a new legacy.I'm enjoying it though there's only one family living there so far because nobody else has moved in yet and they won't until I move them in.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    I think my longest break was two and half years, before that I played sims too much and got really fed up.
    Now, my breaks are usually are one to three months. During those breaks I do sometimes make one or two sims and then quit the game.

I'm the type of person who can concentrate on one game at time, so usually I play one game for few weeks and then change to an another.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited March 2015
    I take breaks sometimes. Usually it's not more than a week or two. My longest was probably like 4 or 5 months though and then I played for a couple weeks maybe a month and took like 2 more months or something.
  • moosalapagousmoosalapagous Posts: 4 New Member
    I usually binge for a weekend and then take a break for a couple of months. It really is time consuming because of the things I want to get done. I try to get my families as big as possible with a lot of generations, it takes way too long for me to do this in a weekend. The binge makes me lose interest for a while.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I take months off and then when I get back into it, it's bad... Like the whole day goes by and I feel a little ashamed of myself.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    I play Sims for like two hours then I ain't gonna play it for like 5 days. :grimace: Story of my Sims life.
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • LouitaSimsLouitaSims Posts: 11 New Member
    Well I took an extremely long sims break for the course of the whole Sims 3 franchise! Wasn't much of a fan, don't think I was open to change after being addicted to Sims 2. But was open to trying out Sims 4, loved it when I first played it but just haven't had the time to delve into it too much until recently with doing my degree. Started a YouTube channel to try and keep focused with doing at least one build a week... Plan as soon as summer comes to spend most my time at it again!
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I just naturally have times where I'm not really interested in playing. Right now is one of those. And I think it's going to become an even larger gap each time since I no longer play the latest The Sims game anymore.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • youcrAzy13youcrAzy13 Posts: 213 Member
    If im really serious, a few weeks, maybe a month or two.
    Always and forever, Alyssa Edwards
    bibbby%20b.gif
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    I will binge play the sims for like 5 hours everyday for 5 days, then I'll get overwhelmed and take 5-7 day break. I think everyone needs a Sim break, to get back into the real world hehe!
    we way too young to get old <3
  • addicted2sims3addicted2sims3 Posts: 138 Member
    usually a day or two *meow*
  • LilahRaeLilahRae Posts: 10 New Member
    Would anyone say that they take these breaks due to feeling lonely while playing the game so much? I feel like thats why I come to the forums just to get a quick fix of real people connection haha
  • nineadriannanineadrianna Posts: 7 New Member
    > @s2ladolcevita said:
    > Yes. I binge play sims and then I suddenly get tired of it and take a break which can last from anywhere from a month to 6 months and then one day ill think of sims again and get back to binging.

This is too true... You can't really enjoy much of the game without the expansion packs. Sims 3 was fun on its own, with the expansions as added bonuses, but 4's expansions are really necessary to have fun.
  • JaspingoJaspingo Posts: 30 Member
    My breaks can span from a few hours to a few days to a few months.
  • MrDavidVeigaMrDavidVeiga Posts: 34 Member
    My "sims break" is usually when my college classes back.