Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims Won't Marry

I am trying to marry these two sims I have been playing for awhile now. First I tried to plan them a wedding and they wouldn't marry there so I canceled it and tried to elope but that wouldn't work so I exited and tried to marry them again. Still no. I then reset both sims and they still wouldn't marry even on their home lot. They keep doing a weird thing where they poke their arms out to the side a bit and then the action is canceled once they have gotten to the wedding arch. Any other people having this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I am trying to marry these two sims I have been playing for awhile now. First I tried to plan them a wedding and they wouldn't marry there so I canceled it and tried to elope but that wouldn't work so I exited and tried to marry them again. Still no. I then reset both sims and they still wouldn't marry even on their home lot. They keep doing a weird thing where they poke their arms out to the side a bit and then the action is canceled once they have gotten to the wedding arch. Any other people having this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

Do you have any mods in your game? After the update some mods don't work and even cause glitches within the game. If you have mods, have you tried removing them all then getting married? If you have no mods try repairing your game via Origin. Right click the sims 4 icon and click "Repair Game".
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    briannamichelle000briannamichelle000 Posts: 196 Member
    I just thought of that. I just currently removed all of the mods that might interfere with the game. I will check back in with you if it does not work. @Ayumap
  • Options
    I just thought of that. I just currently removed all of the mods that might interfere with the game. I will check back in with you if it does not work. @Ayumap

Okay. :) I hope that everything works out for you and that your simmies can get married. o:)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    briannamichelle000briannamichelle000 Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2015
    That was the problem!
    They did get married!! Thank you. :)
    bhhf9u.jpg
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear it, what a lovely picture. :) Happy Simming!
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    dizzielizzie2001dizzielizzie2001 Posts: 8 New Member
    Do u know what piece of cc that caused it? I have that same problem.
  • Options
    SexyBudz420SexyBudz420 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @dizzielizzie2001 said:
    > Do u know what piece of cc that caused it? I have that same problem.

has the same issue ^^ can u tell us the cc
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    judging by bride's plumbob, she's not happy, I guess she REALLY didn't wanna get married.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    > @dizzielizzie2001 said:
    > Do u know what piece of cc that caused it? I have that same problem.

has the same issue ^^ can u tell us the cc
    It's actually a mod that causes it- I've had an outdated teen romance one do that before.
  • Options
    RizzylouRizzylou Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you remove the mods?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Rizzylou delete the mod from your Mods folder
  • Options
    SexyBudz420SexyBudz420 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Rizzylou said:
    > How do you remove the mods?

---------------------------------------------------

open Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods

simply open up the mods folder look for the cc you wish to delete if you have a hard time doing this
    use Google copy the names of your mods into google and hit the images so u can see if your mod pops up then just click on it and delete works great for me, I have thousands of mods I also use subfolders
    like this
    ----
    hair
    clothes
    makeup
    Miscellaneous.-walls floors bedroom stuff
    mod- mods that will add traits actions and so forth
    Test file -newly added so you can test the bulk items to see if they work before sorting
    ----

anyways hope this helps <3 happy simming <3
  • Options
    SimmerKittenXSimmerKittenX Posts: 2 New Member
    > @briannamichelle000 said:
    > I am trying to marry these two sims I have been playing for awhile now. First I tried to plan them a wedding and they wouldn't marry there so I canceled it and tried to elope but that wouldn't work so I exited and tried to marry them again. Still no. I then reset both sims and they still wouldn't marry even on their home lot. They keep doing a weird thing where they poke their arms out to the side a bit and then the action is canceled once they have gotten to the wedding arch. Any other people having this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

Hello,
    I once had this problem with my Sims. They poked their arms to the side and cancelled the marriage action, and did the same for trying for a baby. I tried to memorise what mods I had to see if any conflicted with the game by being outdated or incompatible. I remembered that I had an Inteen Marriage & Pregnancy mod which allows your teens to get married and all. However, I realised it did not work and so I deleted it. When I had deleted it my Sims were able to marry.

What I am suggesting is to look at your mods as they might be outdated and/or incompatible.

P.S: I know that post was from 2015, it's mainly for those who may have that problem now. :smile:

- SimmerKittenX
  • Options
    IceCreamIzzyGamingIceCreamIzzyGaming Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been having the same problem. D: And I have removed all of my mods. :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I have been having the same problem. D: And I have removed all of my mods. :(

Hello @IceCreamIzzyGaming
    Try having the sims break up with any other boyfriends/girlfriends that they have and see if that helps.

If they are vampires, try seeing if having the wedding at night time helps .

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    EdenleighlEdenleighl Posts: 1 New Member
    They won’t marry unless all of their needs are met and their PlumbBob is green!! Fixed my issue of not being able to marry!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top