Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Visit at College

My sim is at college and I have him chat with his girlfriend back home; I wanted her to visit but there's no option to visit. But when I hover the pointer over his kid brother, it says, "children cannot visit university." Sooooo..... Can people visit?? And if so, how do I get them to visit??

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2015
    I loaded up an old save of one of my sims at university and he didn't have any options to invite over anyone from his homeworld (Twinbrook) via the phone. The big caveat is that he was a teen - I used mods to enroll him in University. I don't know if that would have changed things.

Anyways, I did also check NRaas MasterController>Basic>Invite Over>Homeworld>Twinbrook and that listed every sim in TB. I didn't go through with actually inviting anyone. I've never done that before and don't know how that works with University. If you are interested in using MasterController to do this you should try asking over at the NRaas site's Chatterbox forum. The people are nice and should be able to tell you if they've done the same thing and if there are any consequences to be aware of.

edit: finally found a old save with the same teen at University as a YA going for his 2nd degree. There was no option via the phone to invite anyone from the homeworld over. I don't think it's normally possible to have anyone visit while at University (or on any vacation, for that matter). At least, aside from mods, I don't see a way to do that.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It's safe to do with MasterController > Basic > Invite Over. I've currently got a YA sim with his younger siblings (children) visiting for the weekend in between classes on a two-week semester. He's having a blast showing them around campus, taking tours of the buildings, etc.

You just have to make absolutely sure that the visiting sim(s) are really out of Uni World and not lingering about when the semester is over or really bad things can happen. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    You just have to make absolutely sure that the visiting sim(s) are really out of Uni World and not lingering about when the semester is over or really bad things can happen. :)

How do you do that? Just "ask to leave" or do you use MC again? I've got a sim who's about to get engaged and will probably throw his bachelor party at Uni. Inviting his fiance over during the week end sounds fun.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Ask to Leave should do it, or click on the visiting sims and MC > Basic > Go Home. But after a party sims tend to go home on their own anyway. The thing to make sure of is that by "home" they actually return to their homeworld rather than hibernate in some invisible place in the world you're playing. You can tell, of course, by checking your sim's relationship panel to see if the foreign guest is on the left side or the right, shaded out side. Or by checking MC > Family Tree (or just about anything that doesn't require the sim to be instantiated) and filter for Tourists or Foreign Sims.

If they do get stuck somewhere in Uni, you would have to invite them over again to coax them out of hibernation and send them home a different way once they instantiate. Or try MC resetting them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The only one exception is all sims can come visit the campus for your graduation.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."