Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My opponent won't fight me!

I'm on a quest in China and have to become a Grand Master in a martial arts tournament. The problem I'm having is that my rival is one of the local merchants and every time I ring her she says "I'm at work and I don't know when I'll be finished", I've tried going to the market and talking to her, we're now friends but the 'spar' option still won't come up in our interactions. Has anyone got any good suggestions about how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ellie

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    You can try using the resetsim cheat but I remember some of them just not having the interaction so I was forced to killed them off and another opponent came in their place lol. :pensive:

I googled it and here's another suggestion:
    Idiopath wrote:
    I've had the shopkeeper problem before.
    I think this is a glitch.
    The ranked matches selects someone at random.
    If it gets a shopkeeper you are stuck. (major workaholics working 24-7)
    The only way I have been able to fix it goes as follows:

1)Use social interactions to become best friends w/ the shopkeeper.
    2)Go back to your hometown & invite them to visit.
    3)Ask them to move in with you.
    4)Kick them out. (unless you want them to stay, then by all means)
    5)Go back to China & try again. It will be someone else at random.

I know this is elaborate, but I hope it helps.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2015
    If you use mods, get NRaas MasterController, click on the sim, and choose NRaas>MasterController>Intermediate>Drop Opponents. You also need the MasterController Cheats module. This option will ""Drops any assigned Chess and Martial Arts opponent and allows the game to reroll a new choice."

If you use NRaas Register you can set another sim to be the merchant for that register which should free up the martial arts opponent.

I've had the same problem before and I always use the MasterController method.
    Idiopath wrote:
    I've had the shopkeeper problem before.
    I think this is a glitch.
    The ranked matches selects someone at random.
    If it gets a shopkeeper you are stuck. (major workaholics working 24-7)
    The only way I have been able to fix it goes as follows:

1)Use social interactions to become best friends w/ the shopkeeper.
    2)Go back to your hometown & invite them to visit.
    3)Ask them to move in with you.
    4)Kick them out. (unless you want them to stay, then by all means)
    5)Go back to China & try again. It will be someone else at random.

I know this is elaborate, but I hope it helps.

The problem with inviting foreign guests and asking them to move in is that doing so can cause corruption in your game, as far as I understand. Use MC or ask them to move in while in the vacation world, they should join the household when your sim returns home, from what I hear (never done it though). This all comes from what I've read on the NRaas site.

If you don't want to use mods, maybe you could try the enablelotlocking cheat in edit town so you can enter buy/build mode on the market lot, sell that particular register which the shopkeeper is assigned to, spar with the opponent, then replace the register once your sim has completed the tournament. You might need the buydebug cheat to find the register, and make sure you know how to replace it before leaving the lot in build/buy mode. Of course, save your game, then back up with "Save As" before doing anything drastic.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Regular merchants, as opposed to the special merchant, always are working. So you need to do things along the line of what TreyNutz suggests or you won't be able to do the tournament.