March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best idea for the basement

I saw this today, I'm in love with it wvYW3m0.jpg. Now we just need lockable doors to have a rental type situation... and the ability to post rental ads and rent to other sims :)

What are you guys doing with your new basements????

Comments

• HeidelbeermarmeladeHeidelbeermarmelade Posts: 161 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I saw this today, I'm in love with it wvYW3m0.jpg. Now we just need lockable doors to have a rental type situation... and the ability to post rental ads and rent to other sims :)

That's really pretty cool!
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    building a crypt for my dearly departed sims
    screen_shot_2015_03_27_at_6_50_57_pm_by_mperry1995-d8ncqis.png

That's cool...I wish we could put up signs and type what we want on it, so future generations can read about their ancestors!

• SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    looks awesome i must say!
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Cool I might make something like that
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

I dig it! I did something that looked very similar in TS3 for my WA collections. Each collection got its own room, decorated with things from that country. A different wing had rooms with all of the little trophies and awards you got for the Ambitions careers (like all the ghosts in cans when you were the ghost hunter, or the key to the city when you were a private eye). The hallways and room shapes were like how you have. This is why I loved basements! I can keep my cute little house, AND all my junk!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    A World adventures TS3 styled EP would make the best use of those basements.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    edited March 2015

Some people are just so creative! I never would have thought of that! Gonna copy this pic and see is I can re-create it for my sim's home. I've already added a basement so it's just a matter of adding the outside entrance.

ETA: Do you have a link to the original pic?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

I dig it! I did something that looked very similar in TS3 for my WA collections. Each collection got its own room, decorated with things from that country. A different wing had rooms with all of the little trophies and awards you got for the Ambitions careers (like all the ghosts in cans when you were the ghost hunter, or the key to the city when you were a private eye). The hallways and room shapes were like how you have. This is why I loved basements! I can keep my cute little house, AND all my junk!

Yeah that other group of rooms which i'm working on right now World adventures is inspiring that area under a cathedral is a elaborate maze for who knows what.

I wish we had coffins though.

But I'm going to store my family's Book of Life and the Death Flower plant and Ambrosia down there just incase I want to bring someone back.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    I’ve not much of a builder, but that pic makes me wanna try! Basements came at a very convenient time for me. I recently had triplets (thanks to a particularly most download/favorited sim in the community) and there was no room in the house for anything. Now my triplet boys have basement rooms. Yay!

Some people are just so creative! I never would have thought of that! Gonna copy this pic and see is I can re-create it for my sim's home. I've already added a basement so it's just a matter of adding the outside entrance.

ETA: Do you have a link to the original pic?
    http://imgur.com/wvYW3m0
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    That's such a cool idea. :o I wonder how hard that is to do. Deleting tiles over a staircase can be tricky.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    That's such a cool idea. :o I wonder how hard that is to do. Deleting tiles over a staircase can be tricky.

Maybe start with an open basement and then build on top if it?

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I did this to some of my already built homes. I just dragged out the basement past the foundation and added the stairs from basement level. I actually think is easier to make the basement two tiles beyond the foundation so I can choose where to put a basement entrance. This game just got totally awesome and GTW is almost here.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    If you build a pool at ground level and then drag the basement wall to the pool, add windows to the pool it lights up the whole basement with natural light. Put lights on the outside pool wall and at night the light from the pool will come into the basement. It's cool!
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    Oh man, that's so cool! I'm gonna have to steal that idea! :P
    original.gif
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

All my TS3 adventurers have had basements to store most of their loot also. I always just made one big room though as I'm not particularly creative.

My main TS4 family correspondingly now uses a basement to stash collectibles, as well as the ridiculously-oversized microscope. I also put windows into the pool from my basement, but that didn't work out as I intended.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm just barely checking out basements. I found out with bb.moveobjects you can build windows in the basement to bring light in without issues, so I'm kind of loving that. I build a pool on the ground floor and one in the basement. So far the Sims 4 basements are better than the ones I made in TS2 and TS3. I can actually make them really massive. My game does lag a bit more since this patch I admit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member

That picture made me very happy. When I did my version of the Crockett Residence in Seattle, one of the things I had was an external entrance to the basement.

I haven't done anything fancy yet. I took some extra space in a home I built, put a stairway in it, and then built a 6x8 room that's a great place for a fitness center.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    How does one know if the house in gallery has a basement or not?
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited March 2015
    I did something similar with a house I built for my future aliens.

9lx7bKK.png

There's a little bedroom suite with windows into the pool, and a tunnel that goes to the rocket.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    Oh my god, I was looking for a way to create a basement in my Sims' home! (there isn't enough space ABOVE ground, so I have to go under, but there isn't enough space INSIDE the house to build a stairway. Thanks!
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member

That's perfect! I'm trying to build it in for my sims house but can't get it the same. There's a stubborn strip of ground between the wall of the house and the stairs. Can't find a way to get rid of it :(
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    in the sims 3 I builded a hole house underground for my alien family
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    This is also nice because I love to build homes that I have lived in. The home I live in now has a yard that slants down in the back, so the front of the house in on the ground floor, and the back of the house is really on a second floor. (Did I explain that well?) I have a nice, walk-out basement down there, and a deck off the living room up here. I could not find a way to do that because I could not figure out how to pull the ground in TS4. I was going to make my 'basement' the first floor, and the main floor the second floor and just pull the ground up so that the second floor was the first floor in the front. (I really feel I am not explaining this well!) Well, with basements added I still cannot pull at the ground, but I suppose there is no reason I could not take this type of style and just make that entryway larger to make it seem like it is the ground down there. (Grr! I suck at explaining! Maybe I will just try it and post a pic.)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png