Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tuning Descriptions and XML of combined tuning resource

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hey all,

As you have noticed, we changed the format of the combined binary tuning resource. As an optimization it is now in binary format, note that the game runtime still supports loading of XML.

Attached is a zip that contains the XML version of the combined tuning resource, as well as the tdesc files for version 1.5.139.

Thanks!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    A quick note: there have been a lot of TDESC and Python changes with this patch. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have about changes we have made as well as new functionality that was introduced.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Hey all,

As you have noticed, we changed the format of the combined binary tuning resource. As an optimization it is now in binary format, note that the game runtime still supports loading of XML.

Attached is a zip that contains the XML version of the combined tuning resource, as well as the tdesc files for version 1.5.139.

Thanks!

Thank you thank you!! :)

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Thanks!
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Thank you so much.
  • egurehegureh Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2015
    Thank you a thousand times!! :D
    And may I ask for the combined XMLs for Outdoor Retreat?
    I tried to extract \The Sims 4\Delta\GP01\SimulationDeltaBuild0.package but got nothing.
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    Hello, thank-you for the files. Now we need 0x00000002!0xF10287740C1C4EB0.62e94d38 so we can check over our Outdoor Retreat XML mods. Thank-you!
    I forgot to add @SimGuruModSquad on my post above to flag you. Also, I just now noticed that Egureh has asked for the same thing, so sorry about sounding extra demanding.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    @MadameButterfly, have you tried exporting that and opening it with the DATA file tool? Asking because there was a theory that this only didn't work for the Base game combined tuning because that file is too large .. I guess the one for a Game Pack would be much smaller. Can't test this myself though, since I don't have the GP.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    Was worth a shot @pbox but no luck, it just sits and spins. I let it run a good four or five minutes.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey guys, GP01 combined tuning for 1.5.139 attached!
    Great! Thank you so much! :D
    Thanks a bunch!

And now EP01 combined tuning for 1.5.139.
    Oh that's so thoughtful! Thank you! :D
  • simsinmypocketsimsinmypocket Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hello. There seems to be a problem with aging mods. Pre-patch ones don't work anymore. Can you help?

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out myself and now I have a fully working aging mod of my own. :smiley:
    Post edited by simsinmypocket on
    edited April 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad
    Hi, I'm doing tuning work with GTW and I find some of the code are kind of weird. Such like:
    <U n="enabled"> n="skip_carry_pose"<L n="valid_inventory_types">
    <U> n="key"<U n="value">
    <V n="default_value" t="reference"> n="reference"</V>
    I guess maybe they're broken. Is there any way to fix them? Thanks. :)

Edit: Oops, don't know why the code didn't show up, I upload it as a picture.
    i.imgur.com/ki8bn8J.jpg
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    You mean the
    &quot;

at the beginning and end? Those are HTML entities.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    edited April 2015
    The GTW file is missing information in parts of the coding. It does replace quotation marks with the text Pbox mentions above but that's not all that is wrong with it.

EDIT - going to attempt pasting in what I wrote on MTS. I hope it works.:

On one file, here is a chunk of code that has missing information:
    <U n="skill_test">
                        <T n="skill">111902</T>
                        <V t="interval" n="skill_range">
                          <U n="interval">
                            <U n="skill_interval">   n=&quot;lower_bound&quot;   n=&quot;upper_bound&quot;</U>
                          </U>
                        </V>
                      </U>

On that same file, here is a chunk of code that is complete:
    <U n="skill_test">
                        <T n="skill">111902</T>
                        <V t="interval" n="skill_range">
                          <U n="interval">
                            <U n="skill_interval">
                              <T n="lower_bound">4</T>
                              <T n="upper_bound">4</T>
                            </U>
                          </U>
                        </V>
                      </U>

Post edited by MadameButterfly on
    edited April 2015
    Hi @pbox, yes I know those are quotation marks, but even after replacing them the code still seems not matched.
    i.imgur.com/zQaomEY.jpg
    Actually they did cause some issues when my mod testing run, so I guess...well. :)
    Post edited by egureh on
    @MadameButterfly Yes, that is what I mean, your describing is more clear. Thanks! :D
  • killermario16killermario16 Posts: 86 Member
    Help where to place these files
    @SimGuruModSquad - "Please, sir, may I have some more..."

Could you please resend the 0x00000003!0xe23bb17404760cfa.62e94d38 file for EP1? The current one you have uploaded is not extracting correctly, and several of us keep checking this page for an updated version that will extract correctly.
    @MadameButterfly How do you mean it is not extracting correctly? I've downloading it from this thread and it appears fine. I can upload again but I expect it will be no different than the one already posted.
  • Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    She means a lot of us are having problems with the file you posted. :(
    The lines are incomplete, as @MadameButterfly posted in the previous page. :( , I've been trying to modify some lines for the Sure Sale perk but it doesn't work.
    And well, to modify the code, we need to extract if from the file you uploaded. "Take the xml files out" from the 0x00000003!0xe23bb17404760cfa.62e94d38 file.
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    For you having problems, a very important thing to include is whether or not you have been using the tool by velocitygrass. The example code you have posted all looks well formatted, which leads me to believe that those are produced by that tool. As I know that the tool processes the file quite a bit I feel it is just as or more likely that the problem lies in that tool as opposed to the combined tuning file.

This is further supported by me not having any problems reading and processing the file with my own tools. They would complain if the xml file was broken, but I can not vouch for the contents of the file.

I'd suggest you ask velocitygrass about these problems.
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top