Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Outdoor Retreat worth this price?

I live in New Zealand and I have been thinking over whether or not OR is worth it... it costs 40NZD where I live, as far as I know NZ is the only country to get this high price for the GP, do you guys think it would be worth about twice as much as what most players pay for?

Comments

• PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    edited March 2015
    In my opinion, no. To me, it costed 20€, although I didn't pay for it, it was given to me on my birthday because I had no intent on buying it. But I don't think it's worth $20 either.

Here are my reasons:

- you get a really small world with only a few lots and you don't even get to live in it if you want, so it's only there for vacations. The world isn't that remarkable either, it's just a forest.

- the lack of activities makes camping really boring because you basically spend all day sitting by the campfire eating marshmallows or play horseshoes. There were so many things they could give us, like rope courses, climbing walls, picnic baskets, bicycles, a football/rugby ball, etc. but we got nothing like that. Group activities are really lacking.

- you can go hiking, but in fact, it's not really hiking. It's just like walking in a park. Alone.

- you can tell stories by the campfire but for some reason, sims all stand around you instead of sitting down.

- you can sing songs by the fire, but be prepared for some horrible singing. Some people say sims improve as they sing more, but I made my sim sing for hours and it was still terrible to listen to. Oh, and other sims don't sing along with you, so you're basically singing alone and terribly. Also, there's like only a couple of different songs you can sing. Wasted activity that could've been great and fun.

- If you go camping with friends or family that aren't in your household they will literally disappear for hours and sometimes never come back. I went camping with about 5 friends and by the second day I was alone in the camp and had to leave early because they wouldn't come back.

- this is always a problem with the sims, but the fact that sims don't go to sleep at night really irks me. It's like when you invite someone to stay the night, they will literally stay up all night doing nothing. And then they go to sleep in the middle of the afternoon. So basically going camping with non controllable sims can be a nightmare.

So in conclusion, you get the most essential items for camping plus a few other new things, nothing amazing. I'm not too crazy about camping myself, but even if I was, I think this GP is lacking a lot and it felt rushed. If they would've nailed the things they gave us, maybe it could be worth it, but I think a lot of the activities/interactions are broken and just not well made. But it's just my opinion, I see there are a lot of people happy with it, so you should go to Youtube and watch gameplay videos and see if you think it's worth it or not.
  • pumpy03pumpy03 Posts: 13 New Member
    @PinkJellyBeans said:
    In my opinion, no. To me, it costed 20€, although I didn't pay for it, it was given to me on my birthday because I had no intent on buying it. But I don't think it's worth $20 either.

Here are my reasons:

- you get a really small world with only a few lots and you don't even get to live in it if you want, so it's only there for vacations. The world isn't that remarkable either, it's just a forest.

- the lack of activities makes camping really boring because you basically spend all day sitting by the campfire eating marshmallows or play horseshoes. There were so many things they could give us, like rope courses, climbing walls, picnic baskets, bicycles, a football/rugby ball, etc. but we got nothing like that. Group activities are really lacking.

- you can go hiking, but in fact, it's not really hiking. It's just like walking in a park. Alone.

- you can tell stories by the campfire but for some reason, sims all stand around you instead of sitting down.

- you can sing songs by the fire, but be prepared for some horrible singing. Some people say sims improve as they sing more, but I made my sim sing for hours and it was still terrible to listen to. Oh, and other sims don't sing along with you, so you're basically singing alone and terribly. Also, there's like only a couple of different songs you can sing. Wasted activity that could've been great and fun.

- If you go camping with friends or family that aren't in your household they will literally disappear for hours and sometimes never come back. I went camping with about 5 friends and by the second day I was alone in the camp and had to leave early because they wouldn't come back.

- this is always a problem with the sims, but the fact that sims don't go to sleep at night really irks me. It's like when you invite someone to stay the night, they will literally stay up all night doing nothing. And then they go to sleep in the middle of the afternoon. So basically going camping with non controllable sims can be a nightmare.

So in conclusion, you get the most essential items for camping plus a few other new things, nothing amazing. I'm not too crazy about camping myself, but even if I was, I think this GP is lacking a lot and it felt rushed. If they would've nailed the things they gave us, maybe it could be worth it, but I think a lot of the activities/interactions are broken and just not well made. But it's just my opinion, I see there are a lot of people happy with it, so you should go to Youtube and watch gameplay videos and see if you think it's worth it or not.

I have to say the same it was a sad add on I was so mad about it I wish was about to do so much more but no :(
  • Lunachic62391Lunachic62391 Posts: 161 Member
    I thought it was fully worth 20 USD, but not 40. That's so unfair!!
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    People... It's about camping! And what are you doing on camping? You're sitting with your friends around the campfire... Of course, they could add more lots.. but this vibe is awesome..
    I only regret that we can not be eaten by bear :)
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    I think it gives the perfect illusion of going camping. I went camping a lot when I was younger and for the most part all you do is sit around cooking food on fire, talking, fishing and hiking not else really. I like that it has new interaction that you can use outside of the world and a different skill and the new clothes, hair and furniture. I do wish that the world was a little bigger and the hiking aspect worked a little different but overall I was pleased. I paid 20 USD.
    sMggKkh.png

• AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    This thread is what I've been looking for.

I think it gives the perfect illusion of going camping. I went camping a lot when I was younger and for the most part all you do is sit around cooking food on fire, talking, fishing and hiking not else really. I like that it has new interaction that you can use outside of the world and a different skill and the new clothes, hair and furniture. I do wish that the world was a little bigger and the hiking aspect worked a little different but overall I was pleased. I paid 20 USD.

But that illusion you're talking about is what I don't want. For the at home activities, then it is exactly what i want, But a new destination, I want activities. I love sims 4, but I will wait for a sale.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100