Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whenever I create a hangout it always says it's closed?

riven64riven64 Posts: 1 New Member
EA created hangout always say they are opened in map view, but when I create them myself, the map says it's closed. Sims still come anyway, though not much. Any way to know how to have it flagged as open?
Post edited by riven64 on

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi, @riven64!
    I think, here you may find answer what you're searching for (message from Karritz):
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1380/746210.page;jsessionid=B27C48E6E4208C088E4750203B0D46F7.015060#11925137
    I hope this help you, happy simming ;)
    Karritz wrote:
    .............If it doesn't meet requirements it will stay closed...............
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2015
    If you have Ambitions, you could try having a sim purchase the venue. Then go to map view, click on the map tag for the lot and there should be a Real Estate option (or something similar) and then an option to check upgrade requirements. This might give some clue about what you need for the lot to be considered "open". Sounds to me like that's what Karritz was referring to in the link above.

edit: more information about upgrading venues. Unfortunately it doesn't cover hangout lot types. But it does say "Venues that start at level 0 or "Closed" will not provide profit until they're upgraded." Maybe that's the issue, it needs certain requirements to be considered level 1.