Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Abductions and Alien Babies

Hello everyone! I have been trying for WEEKS to get my male YA sim abducted because I need him to have an alien baby for my storyline. I got the collection helper and have been having him collect space rocks for a while and he's been abducted twice. Last attempt I looked ALL over and found ALL the space rocks I could and had him analyze them all. I had him using the telescope and he went to investigate the strange abnormality but something glitched and he never moved and the action disappeared from his queue.

Is there a sure fire way (even with cheats) to get him abducted and come back pregnant??

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are mods that increase the bonuses from using the telescope and collecting space rocks (you don't need to analyze or keep them, collecting is enough). That's the only sure fire way I know of. There are also mods that increase the chances of males getting pregnant from an abduction. I'm not aware of any direct cheats.

However, you could use the buydebug cheat to place space rock spawners on community lots so you have enough to collect and so you know where they are. I do that. You only need to collect 4 space rocks to maximize the space rock bonus to the abduction chance, and he can use the telescope any time of the day to get the telescope bonus. The bonuses from the space rocks and telescope are temporary and need to be repeated each day you want to try for an abduction. So, once someone in the household has collected 4 space rocks that day, you might as well leave the rest for collection the next day if you need to; otherwise you'll have to wait for more to spawn. The maximum chance for an abduction with all bonuses is 75% (the base chance without bonuses is 1%, the max space rock bonus is 60% with each rock adding 15%, and the telescope bonus is 14%). There's only a 33% chance of him coming back pregnant so it might take several abductions to get him impregnated. Oh, and occult sims cannot get alien pregnant, so make sure he's human.

Lastly, the chance of abduction applies to all eligible sims in the household. If he doesn't live alone, you'll need to send other sims who can be abducted off the lot during the abduction time frame (midnight to 3 am). I've heard sleeping sims can be abducted although in my game sims who are awake tend to be abducted over sleeping sims. So putting other YA/A/E and teen sims in the household to sleep might be risky if you only want one particular sim abducted. If you have to send sims off the lot (like I do) don't send them to venues the household owns - in my game that almost always glitches the abduction situation (my sims happen to own 7 venues in Twinbrook, so it's something I've had to deal with in my game).

If you want to try mods, Bluegenjutsu has some abduction mods on simasylum (free registration required to look and download). I've used those before and they worked for me. Or if you are feeling adventurous you can customize the bonuses with NRaas Retuner, which is what I now use. There are abduction mods on modthesims.info but they don't work for me; I suspect they are outdated. There's a mod that increases the male pregnancy chance on modthesims which did work for me (I use Retuner for that now). Of course, once you get him alien pregnant you can pull the mods out of your game or reset the changes made with Retuner.

Good luck!
  • Lilac3Lilac3 Posts: 30 New Member
    Thank you so much! I know at least I've been trying all I can without mods.

I think I might have glitched my game though. Since I posted I got the "investigate strange abominably" thing twice for him, but each time he just stands still for ages and eventually the action vanishes from his queue and nothing happens. I had hoped it was just a one time thing but I don't know what to do about it.
    Oh, I don't know either. Maybe try resetsim on him? Since I have NRaas MasterController I might even try resetting the whole town. I'm not sure what to do about that.
    I ended up moving him to an entire new neighborhood in hopes of resetting him because nothing worked. I read somewhere that if you save your game while your sim has the "abducted" moodlet you can keep reloading that point until the "unexpected weight gain" moodlet replaces it. Does anyone know if this works?
    edited March 2015
    I have no idea. Never tried that.
    I tried the "save with abducted moodlet and reload" theory and it worked!! About 5 reloads later the abducted moodlet was replaced with the weight gain moodlet and I now have an adorable babu alien.
  • JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    I love it when my male sims get pregnant after getting probeded. It's especially funny in Sims 2, and even more so when non-knowledge male sims keep dropping their queues to cry.
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    Lilac3 wrote: »
    I ended up moving him to an entire new neighborhood in hopes of resetting him because nothing worked. I read somewhere that if you save your game while your sim has the "abducted" moodlet you can keep reloading that point until the "unexpected weight gain" moodlet replaces it. Does anyone know if this works?

Yes, it does work. I have done this multiple times.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    Yes, I tend to save 10 seconds before the moodlet runs out.