Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Feedback and Expectations

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Is it too early for a countdown? Lol

I just don't see ts4 ever being open to all play styles, toddlers are not coming back, neither will cars, immersed gameplay..basically nothing that made the sims the sims.

I don't ever see ts4 being marketed to the players who've been playing since ts1.

I'm just ready for it to go the way of Medieval, I liked medieval though lol.

Why so negative?

Hmm. Hope is frail for some. No need to feel disheartened.
    ~
    I think it's more of a psychological psych up more than anything. I do it too sometimes.
    Interesting reads on the defensive pessimist.
    "The Postive Power of Negative Thinking".
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Way too early, not to mention i'm still very excited for the future of Sims 4, all in time.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Not me, believe it or not, I actually enjoy playing the Sims 4, I'm definitely not ready to start over with a completely new edition yet. :)
  • Options
    MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    Op there is no sim game everyone likes. You might have skipped ts3 eras forum when anyone got suspected as ea employees just saying they love sims 3.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Eager for a new game in the Sims series or even a new developer to come up with a whole new life simulation game :)
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    What makes you so sure TS5 will have all that stuff you want? It could easily be worse than TS4.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Please no, TS4 still has so much more to give! :(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

I just don't see ts4 ever being open to all play styles, toddlers are not coming back, neither will cars, immersed gameplay..basically nothing that made the sims the sims.

I don't ever see ts4 being marketed to the players who've been playing since ts1.

Why so negative?

~
    I think it's more of a psychological psych up more than anything. I do it too sometimes.

I understand about the lose hope part, but I don't think it's right to say "there's not gonna be this and that..." since it's not confirm yet. Some people might take it wrongly.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Lol too early

We dont even know if there is gonna be sims 5 .
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm not really all the way played through TS4. I kinda take my time, enjoy what's there, work around any glitches or unexpected "features" like culling, just enjoy myself. So, no, I'm personally not done with TS4 and I'm not sure there will be a TS5. If there is, I expect it will be more of a casual game for phones and stuff, so I'm not at all looking forward to it.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not so much. I know there are issues with TS4 and there are some things in it that I really don't like at all, but I can still see major potential in this iteration of the game and would like to see the 'finished' product before moving on. Besides, I fear that if TS5 begins production too quickly it'll just be a culmination of all the things many people currently are complaining about and not the great The Sims title everyone seems to crave.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    I have even less hope for TS5, and I don't want to get excited again as I was for TS4, only to be disappointed.
    Again.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    I can't be ready for a game when I don't know lies ahead of me in ts4.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Not ready at all. I'm so excited for TS4s future, that I honestly think I would be sad if they announced TS5 now. :D
  • Options
    PhierakittenPhierakitten Posts: 49 Member
    My concern is that if Sims 4 isn't successful there won't be a Sims 5.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    You know back on the Sims 3 forums everyone was saying how pumped they were for TS4 so TS3 can be finished and buried but look where we are now. Even if there is a TS5 there is no concrete promise that it will be any better than Sims 4.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Am I ready for TS5?

yeah-baby-gif-joey-friends.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

However I have been playing since TS1 and for the most part I enjoy TS4 in spite of its obvious shortcomings (the fact someone has played the franchise since day one is irrelevant anyway - we are ALL simmers regardless of whether someone joined with TS1 or joined with TS4. This isn't some kind of messed up hierarchy system where only us old generation players get to say what a "true" sims title is). I still think EA made a mistake by sticking to the September release date when the game was clearly not going to be ready to launch on time but it is what it is and none of us can go back in time to change that now.

Yeah the game is simple and yeah it's missing the "wow" factor for a lot of people and yeah, maybe it did go backwards by closing the world off again but, for me personally, the game runs, it's fun and I just don't miss what is gone. TS4 is fine the way it is for me, I like it. I don't like the frequency in which EA are releasing overpriced add-ons for it, but that's another matter and more of a personal peeve of mine.

You mentioned TS5 but let's look at EA's track record for a minute:- a lot of their newer released titles lately have all been stripped down and dialled back in some way, shape or form in comparison to what their predecessors were (it's the reason I'm so nervous for what the new Mass Effect is going to be like, I loved that franchise but I'm just too familiar with EA titles to let myself get hyped about it) and now more than ever they are pushing a heavy DLC-orientated business model and season passes. What makes you think TS5 isn't going to be worse than TS4?

In the end all we can do as consumers is make our own decisions as to whether or not we're prepared to support EA or not. If someone feels as though they are paying more for less then it's up to them to close the wallet and remain firm about it because just being dissatisfied isn't enough if someone is still prepared to pay into their profits. It'll be a tough pill to swallow if the game still does well, but at least anyone who does this will know it didn't happen on the back of their hard earned money.
    Post edited by Darkslayer on
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really don't have hopes for TS5. What I really want is a life simulator from some other company.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Not ready for ts5 because I really like ts4. Even I have played since ts1. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    to be honest I dont think it will be a 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

The only thing I'm excited about now is Gamepack 3 and Stuffpack 7.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member

Why so negative?

Ummm not negative, it's been two years that's just reality imo.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

Why so negative?

~

I understand about the lose hope part, but I don't think it's right to say "there's not gonna be this and that..." since it's not confirm yet. Some people might take it wrongly.

It's my opinion...I don't see it....no one should take someone opinion "wrongly"
  • Options
    BethDoesGamingBethDoesGaming Posts: 109 Member
    I think a sims game is released every 4 or 5 years because they need time to work on it
    tumblr_mwy4bptfGw1s9y1hvo1_500.gif

Phamily Is Life
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top