Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP WITH DANCE MODS!

Hi guys! I REALLY want to make a music video for the Sims 3 with a dance mod. I downloaded the animation player and the dance mod I wanted but when I opened the game it was not there. I have tried this like 5 times and it is still not there! I tried Yahoo Answers (I literally made a yahoo account just to ask, I am more of a google person, lol) and no one responded. Here is my question with a screenshot of my files if you would like to see -> Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @SimsChic13, have you installed the mod framework? That is needed for mods to work in the game. For more information about doing that and setting up mods, see here:
    Installing Sims 3 Package Files: Setup & Files
  • Options
    SimsChic13SimsChic13 Posts: 10 New Member
    Sorry for replying late. I installed that (which thanks, I did not have that) and its not in the game. I think it must be my computer.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2015
    @SimsChic13, I see in your original post that you tried to include a screenshot of your files, however as you are a newish member, you cannot yet post links. So instead I decided I would show you how I would set up the game for the Animation Player. I'm sure it's not your computer, but just something you are overlooking as there are a few things to know about modding The Sims 3 and where the files should go and what file types they should be. If this sounds like a dummies guide, please forgive me, but I do not know how much you know about mods in The Sims 3.

I am also assuming that you are talking about the Animation Player by cmomoney available here Animation Player on Mod The Sims.

First the framework you download from the page I linked to above comes as a zip file with the name 'FrameworkSetup.zip'. This needs to be unzipped into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder. Doing it this way will create the Mods folder and the other folders and files needed for mods to work. I would suggest that if you already have a Mods folder that you delete it so you can start with a clean slate and unzip the framework afresh.

Once you have done this you should have the following in your Mods folder, which should be in The Sims 3 folder.
    \Mods
        \Overrides
        \Packages
            NoBuildSparkles.package
            nointro.package
        Resource.cfg

The_Sims_3_Mod_folder.png

That is all that should be in the Mods folder. The Overrides folder will be empty but you do not need to worry about that as it for advanced modding. The most important are the 'Resource.cfg' file which should be in the Mods folder and the 'Packages' folder also within the Mods folder into which mods go.

The two .package files are test mods to check that the framework is correctly installed and working.
    If you start your game with these set up, you should find that most of the intro is skipped and you only get the short Maxis intro screen (due to the nointro.package mod of course). The NoBuildSparkles mod removes the sparkle effect you get when building things like walls in build mode. Both these mods can be left in or deleted according to your taste.

If all is well at this stage, then it is time to get the Animation Player working. When you download this from Mod The Sims you will get a file named something like 'MTS_cmomoney_1196913_cmomoney_AnimationPlayer.rar'. The number may be different when you download it but that does not matter. This is a .rar file and will need to be opened with a suitable application. .rar files are normally dealt with by WinRar but I would suggest 7-Zip as it is free and works well with many file types including .zip. rar and .7z which are the main 3 zip file types that mods come zipped in.

7-Zip can be found here. I would suggest downloading the recommended release version 9.20 at the top of the page.

Once you have installed 7-Zip, you can double-click on the .rar file to open it. You will see a file called 'cmomoney_AnimationPlayer.package'. Drag this into your Packages folder. Also drag your choice of Dance animation into the Packages folder. What is important is that all the files in the Packages folder should be .package files, extracted from any zip files that they came downloaded as.

For example, your Packages folder should look something like this:
    \Packages
        NoBuildSparkles.package
        nointro.package
        cmomoney_AnimationPlayer.package
        ThirdSetcomplet-byalan.package

(The last being an animation that I can't remember where I found!)

When you start your game, you should also get a pop-up screen at the game select window similar to this

The_Sims_3_Mod_Scripts_Found.png

Now you should be able to find the Animation Player object within your game by going into buy mode and looking for it in Sort by Function>Decor>Miscellaneous Decor.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @sirguylittle thanks for posting this. Bookmarked. I love the dances in the dance studio in the EA store. The dance floor in that set sims loose their hygiene when you use that dance floor. I wish ea would have included the dances from the store in the game to use in the clubs dance floor. I love the chicken dance and the mascot dance is really ganham style but I guess they cant call it that.
  • Options
    SimsChic13SimsChic13 Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks so much! I truly appreciate this! It works now, you are like the hero of the day to me :)
  • Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    Ohhh dance mods! <3 Glad to hear you got that sorted out!