Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mailbox Glitch (SOLVED)

Naito_ShadeNaito_Shade Posts: 53 Member
Whenever I try to collect mail on my Sim she does the animation then glitches and resets her position. The mail does not get collected. I have tried resetting the Sim. I have tried moving the mailbox. I have tried teleporting the Sim using "testingcheats" and it does not work.

Note: The only thing that seems to work is using MasterController and using the "transfer to" option to put the items in the Sim's inventory, but then they are stuck there and I cannot open the packages or pay the bills.
~Long Live TS3~
Post edited by Naito_Shade on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Since you have MasterController already, use it to hard-reset the entire lot. Testingcheats resets are softer than that and won't help. Click on the ground, and then NRaas > MC > (Household) > Reset Lot.

If that doesn't fix the broken mailbox, retreat to Edit Town, evict your entire household to the clipboard, copy the now uninhabited lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with the copy, and move your sims back in.

As for items already stuck in a sim's inventory, flush them with NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Inventory (select items to flush). (MC Cheats add-on module required)

Note that sometimes bogus items arriving in a mailbox will appear to be bills, packages, omni plants but aren't really. A common source of these broken items are supposed gifts from admirers and blog followers from Uni's Social Networking skill. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a better way of fixing the glitched mailbox than going to edit town and evicting the family.I just load the lot and open the cheat window to type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes.You would also need to reopen the cheat window to type in "buydebug on" and some things need ctrl+shift and click to get new options and you'd need to delete the glitched mailbox and select one from buydebug in buy mode.You type in buydebug off after and reopen the cheat window to type in testingcheatsenabled false and the cheats should be off and wait to see if the mail starts coming and gets collected after that.I had to fix it this way because I had the glitch in a legacy where I couldn't move them to another lot.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    ^ thats what i do, this happens to me every now and then. i just buy a new mailbox and that seems to fix it
  • Naito_ShadeNaito_Shade Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you all for the responses. I managed to fix the issue using these suggestions.
    ~Long Live TS3~