OCTOBER 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats new and whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Rosebud 500K Solitaire by EuphorialQueen

EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 4,265 Member
Original post Rosebud 500K Solitaire by EuphorialQueen
Rosebud 500K Solitaire by EuphorialQueen
Based on the Rosebud Achievement with similar goals to Rosebud Challenge (by EuphorialQueen)
Rosebud is an in-game Achievement that requires the household to have a total household Net worth of One Million Simoleons.
That is Simoleons on hand plus the value of the lot and furnishings. This can be tracked using the Wealth & Collecting tab on the Accomplishments menu.
The test run in my game has been completed successfully.
There will be one Sim only to reach the challenge goal.
The goal for a single Sim will be to reach a Net Worth of 500,000 Simoleons.
The Start: Single Sim - Empty Lot - Zero Simoleons
Fresh Sim from CAS with any traits.
This is the only Sim allowed in the household during the entire challenge until goal met.
If using a Male Sim he may Try for Baby but neither the Child nor the Mother can join the household.
*Aging is ON* Normal Lifespan.
This will keep the population fresh with new Sims added to replace Elder / Dead Sims.
Cheats are not allowed except as noted to reduce funds.
Exceptions: Once Sim is on empty lot use testingcheats on followed by Money 00000 to reduce to Zero Simoleons.
Glitches may require a cheat to resolve.
Additional guidelines: Must earn 500 Simoleons by collecting or creating before getting a job.
Purchases can be made only once per week. I chose Bill Day (Usually Monday) after the bills are paid.
You have 24 hours from when the bills arrive to purchase items or remodel the lot.
That includes any build / buy purchases.
Did you forget to buy something? It will have to wait until the next week.
Exceptions: Books, Repair Parts or Seeds which are bought via computer, bookcase or planter box.
Exception: You may buy an item to mark the day you use a Youth Potion. This is an unpredictable date so is an exception to the purchasing restrictions.
Aspirations are not set in stone. A lot of Satisfaction Points are going to be needed for a steady supply of Youth Potion.
So how do you survive long enough to reach 500K Simoleons? Youth Potions and lots of them.
They must be bought from earned Satisfaction Points.
Keeping track: I use the Wealth & Collecting tab on the Accomplishments menu to track net wort.
Time: Each week when bills arrive I buy a small decor item (same one for each week) and place it in a designated area on the lot.
Potions: A chose a different small decor item to represent each time a Youth Potion was used.
Travel and Businesses: Your Sim is allowed to travel anywhere in the game without restriction.
The Get To Work EP will be out soon. A business can be owned and run by your single Sim. Employees may be hired to help with the business as long as they are not Members of the household. You are allowed to stay on the business lot as long as necessary. Additional guidelines for this EP gameplay will be added once it is officially released.
-
Feel free to add comments or ask questions.
Exception: Alien abductions that result in pregnancy Will be an exception to the Single Sim/No children rule.
The child may stay in the household.
Post edited by EuphorialQueen on

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 4,265 Member
    My test run:
    Friday End of 12 weeks (4 Youth Potions) 517,718 Simoleons.
    Max Writer Career
    Max Writing Skill
    Max Painting Skill
    LVL 9 Comedy
    LVL 8 Handiness
    LVL 8 Charisma
    LVL 8 Cooking
    LVL 7 Logic
    -
    My Tracking Markers:
    03-12-10.jpg

Progress:
    rbs_sa12.jpg

Interest pushed total over goal
    fri_en10.jpg
    edited March 2015
  • DameDallasDameDallas Posts: 18 New Member
    Oh I love this! I have my first Rosebud game still going, and then I'm going to do another one after that with my own restriction (no creative careers or aspirations for the first two generations). But I'll definitely try this one afterward. I seem to be obsessed with the Rosebud Achievement as well. lol.
    Something about working up from Zero thrills me. ;) Glad you like the idea for this new version. Love your idea to add restrictions. My Sim had to go the whole first week with Zero Simoleons and an empty lot. She existed on harvestables and sleeping on benches. I did let her meet some neighbors and sleep in a real bed but only one or two nights. She collected and harvested everything she could find but was not allowed to sell anything until the end of week one when bills were delivered.
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,468 Member
    03-13-10.jpg

Hello. My name is Spades Klondike. I am a creative loner that loves the outdoors and collects things. I have volunteered to accumulate 500 thousand simoleons, although there are a few rules I must follow. If you would like to read the contract I signed you can view it by looking at Rosebud 500K Solitaire by EuphorialQueen. You might think I am taking on more than I can handle but you don't know me yet, do you?

You can follow my journal entries Here
    edited March 2015
    Good luck on your challenge, @BUTTONSGINGER !
    That's a true toughie Rosebud! I think this 500k challenge would be a good one for the Get2Work EP coming out - specifically with the ownership aspect. The restriction could be earn the 500k through nothing but profits from your store(s)!

> @EuphorialQueen said:
    > Something about working up from Zero thrills me. Glad you like the idea for this new version. Love your idea to add restrictions. My Sim had to go the whole first week with Zero Simoleons and an empty lot. She existed on harvestables and sleeping on benches. I did let her meet some neighbors and sleep in a real bed but only one or two nights. She collected and harvested everything she could find but was not allowed to sell anything until the end of week one when bills were delivered.
    DameDallas wrote: »
    That's a true toughie Rosebud! I think this 500k challenge would be a good one for the Get2Work EP coming out - specifically with the ownership aspect. The restriction could be earn the 500k through nothing but profits from your store(s)!

> @EuphorialQueen said:
    > Something about working up from Zero thrills me. Glad you like the idea for this new version. Love your idea to add restrictions. My Sim had to go the whole first week with Zero Simoleons and an empty lot. She existed on harvestables and sleeping on benches. I did let her meet some neighbors and sleep in a real bed but only one or two nights. She collected and harvested everything she could find but was not allowed to sell anything until the end of week one when bills were delivered.
    Another great variation! <3 I like the way you think :wink:
    Hello Spades Klondike @Buttonsginger I always LOVE reading your stories. Looks like you and Spades are doing just fine. <3
    And now a word from Olie Sirat (by EuphorialQueen) about Rosebud 500K Solitaire Challenge by EuphorialQueen
    plumbo10.jpg
    DameDallas wrote: »
    Good luck on your challenge, @BUTTONSGINGER !
    Thank you DameDallas :)

edited March 2015
    Hello Spades Klondike @Buttonsginger I always LOVE reading your stories. Looks like you and Spades are doing just fine. <3
    Thank you EQ :) That first week was a real challenge! Not having Spades sleep in a bed was really rough. She is doing pretty well,just finished my second week.

Olie Sirat looks great! Thanks for the encouragement!

Working on a second go at this challenge. My first round was with an Artistic Sim. She was very quickly able to gain money from Writing and Painting before getting a job. I am adding a few bumps this time around. Olie Sirat will take a slightly different path. A link to the highlights of his (mis)adventures will be shared.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 6,487 Member
    I am definitely lurking this thread. :smiley:
    Rawla wrote: »
    I am definitely lurking this thread. :smiley:
    Hi @Rawla :smiley: Intro link to be added soon.

Olie Sirat: Solitary Sim Seeking Simoleons by EQ
    plumbo10.jpg
    Olie Sirat: Solitary Sim Seeking Simoleons
    Olie: My head felt all fuzzy as I opened my eyes to find myself in a place filled with blue light. Nothing but blue all around me. As I stood there in a sort of suspended state I was trying to remember what I had been doing before finding myself .... here. Closing my eyes to concentrate I heard a faint ..... clicking sound. Then the room started to spin ... or was that me?
    Ominous Voice: "Hold still Olie ... I just need to tweak ..."
    Olie: "HEY ... watch what you are .. tweaking there!" That was when I became aware that I was being poked and prodded and gently stretched everywhere. "Wait .... are you an ALIEN? OH PLUM I have been abducted by Aliens!"
    Ominous Voice: "No silly ... you are in CAS and I am creating you to be the perfect Sim for a .... project I have for you."
    Olie: "A project? ... what sort :suspect: of project?"
    Ominous Voice: "Oh just a little something I dreamed up. :whistle: A little game I call Rosebud 500K Solitaire by EuphorialQueen -
    It will be lots of fun I promise."
    Olie: :suspect: "What's in it for me?"
    Ominous Voice: "A customized home and lots and lots of Simoleons. And I will be Watching over you the whole time. I guess you could call me The Watcher or Watcher for short."
    Olie: "A house and lots of Simoleons huh? Well I am not the greedy type but it sounds okay by me... Let's go get started! Can't wait to see my new home."
    olie_010.jpg

olie_s10.jpg
    Olie Sirat: Solitary Sim Seeking Simoleons
    At the end of the first week Olie collected over 4600 Simoleons worth of items.
    rbs_ol10.jpg
    Wow... Olie really did well his first week. I sold as I collected, I hope that was okay. I have another question. If an object breaks, like a stereo, then it's either repair, salvage for parts or wait until Monday to replace the item?
    edited March 2015
    Wow... Olie really did well his first week. I sold as I collected, I hope that was okay.
    That is okay if you sold as you collected. I am giving Olie some extra levels of difficulty because ... you know ... I can be evil... Mwahahahaha
    a045.gif
    I have another question. If an object breaks, like a stereo, then it's either repair, salvage for parts or wait until Monday to replace the item?
    To replace you have to wait until Monday comes again.

Mwahahahaha nO80.gif

Wow... Olie really did well his first week. I sold as I collected, I hope that was okay.
    That is okay if you sold as you collected. I am giving Olie some extra levels of difficulty because ... you know ... I can be evil... Mwahahahaha
    a045.gif

I have another question. If an object breaks, like a stereo, then it's either repair, salvage for parts or wait until Monday to replace the item?
    To replace you have to wait until Monday comes again.

Mwahahahaha nO80.gif

Yhea....I figured you'd say that! You are soooooooooo EVIL! >:) :D

Love the evil banana and crab!

Has anyone ever had any trouble with not being able to sell from their inventories? I was dragging to my sell space and the cursor glitched up and I couldn't drag and sell anything. I had her travel, shower, etc., finally I quit and restarted. All was well with the inventory when I went back in. This was a Sunday. By Monday night (7ish) the bills still hadn't come so I saved and quit. Did a game repair and the bills were there when I reopened the save.
    edited March 2015
    @ButtonsGinger - I have not had any selling problems that I can remember.
    @EuphorialQueen - I LOVED Olie's introduction post. I laughed. It was very creative. He did very well for his first week too. I will try this. I can't resist.

Edit to add: I just wrote down the rules. This is going to be challenging but soooo much fun. Here I go!
    Post edited by Rawla on
    Another player added:
    MW's 500K Rosebud Challenge
    Welcome MW aka @MerryWiddow

My Sim died of ultimate mortification before the first week was out. ROFL Her second try is going good so far. lol
    1st Week

bills_10.png

week_110.jpg

rosebu10.png