Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not Working!

Comments

• RumbeldudeRumbeldude Posts: 6 New Member
    Quick update from my issue above:

I got it working. Dunno why but my game stalls for about 10 minutes before finally loading. I'm not sure why it's happening, but as long as it does technically run I'm not gonna question it. Thanks for the help though :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Rumbeldude wrote: »
    Quick update from my issue above:

I got it working. Dunno why but my game stalls for about 10 minutes before finally loading. I'm not sure why it's happening, but as long as it does technically run I'm not gonna question it. Thanks for the help though :smiley:

I am glad that it is loading now :) I am sorry though that you are having the stalling issue.
  • Lunia_NorisiLunia_Norisi Posts: 26 New Member
    You're lucky you got your issue fixed. I still haven't gotten mine fixed. Every single time I open Origin, it runs very slowly, and it deletes the Sims 4 packs and game, just everything Sims 4. Origin seems to hate Sims 4. I have to constantly wait for it to redownload, and I haven't been able to reach anyone from EA. The game is already completely updated, yet the game still says, "Update via Origin," whenever I try to play it. I have no idea what version I should play, or at least try to play, so I tried both of them, and they both say the same thing.
    You're lucky you got your issue fixed. I still haven't gotten mine fixed. Every single time I open Origin, it runs very slowly, and it deletes the Sims 4 packs and game, just everything Sims 4. Origin seems to hate Sims 4. I have to constantly wait for it to redownload, and I haven't been able to reach anyone from EA. The game is already completely updated, yet the game still says, "Update via Origin," whenever I try to play it. I have no idea what version I should play, or at least try to play, so I tried both of them, and they both say the same thing.

Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    What'll that do?

I know next to nothing about computers. The link is h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/Ldrd2Vgv
    What'll that do?

I know next to nothing about computers. The link is https://pastebin.com/Ldrd2Vgv

https://pastebin.com/Ldrd2Vgv
    Hello
    Try updating your graphics drivers and see if that helps.
    Go to the Lenova website and search in the support section of the site for your computer model. Then download the updated drivers.

I am sorry :( but your laptop doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to play the game. You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the issues, that you are unable to load it.

Try seeing if updating the drivers may help.
    It ran before, though :/ I don't think that's the issue, since Origin would've told me it couldn't download it.
    It ran before, though :/ I don't think that's the issue, since Origin would've told me it couldn't download it.

Sometimes things with computers and games can all of a sudden happen. Issues can arise after game patches, and /or Origin updates.
    Origin may not prevent you from downloading the game,but there could be issues when you try to play the game.
    I'm trying to download an Intel HD graphics Driver for Windows 10. If downloading that doesn't help, then what else do I do?
    edited May 2018
    I'm trying to download an Intel HD graphics Driver for Windows 10. If downloading that doesn't help, then what else do I do?

You don’t have Intel graphics. You have integrated AMD graphics. It would be best to go to the Lenova website and search in the support section of the site for your computer model. Then download the updated drivers there. They have drivers that suit your particular laptop.
    My laptop is moving way too slowly, so I'll see if I can do that. Would downgrading to Windows 8 be better to play The Sims?
    My laptop is moving way too slowly, so I'll see if I can do that. Would downgrading to Windows 8 be better to play The Sims?
    Playing in Windows 8 won’t be better than playing in Windows 10. Many simmers play the game with Windows 10.
    Ah. Well, it still won't work. Idk why, it's very annoying. The other Sims games I have work perfectly fine, it's just Sims 4 that doesn't.
    Ah. Well, it still won't work. Idk why, it's very annoying. The other Sims games I have work perfectly fine, it's just Sims 4 that doesn't.

Hello
    I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag information also
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2018

There's a good chance it's your CPU - ~1.9GHz is below the minimum requirements for laptops for the game, and Sims 4 is CPU-heavy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I doubt that. Is there someone from EA who can help me, or someone who can remote connect to my computer since it seems no one knows what the issue is? It should run, it's very annoying, as it used to run fine. How does Origin even work--I mean, how do people who pirate the game make it work via Origin, when I bought my copy legitimately, and it doesn't even run? Even if it couldn't run, I'd think there'd be an error message, or something. Or, it should start up and then crash. Would having someone with a much better computer login into my Origin account (they have Sims 4, too, though), would they be able to play my game (or try to) and see what the issue is?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag information also

@Lunia_Norisi I'm sorry but your laptop does not meet requirements to run the game. Your processor and video card are integrated and not designed for gaming. Your laptop is for general use. This game does require a gaming computer. The more you add the more demanding the game becomes to a computer. When you have an underpowered computer, the game may run one day and not the next. You can not upgrade laptop hardware. You are stuck with the specs you buy. in the end you may need a different computer to play on. You can try windowed mode, lowering your in game resolution, playing on low settings, check off laptop mode, disable eps or packs. If you have CC or mods try removing them. They may make your game play worse.
    I doubt that. Is there someone from EA who can help me, or someone who can remote connect to my computer since it seems no one knows what the issue is? It should run, it's very annoying, as it used to run fine. How does Origin even work--I mean, how do people who pirate the game make it work via Origin, when I bought my copy legitimately, and it doesn't even run? Even if it couldn't run, I'd think there'd be an error message, or something. Or, it should start up and then crash. Would having someone with a much better computer login into my Origin account (they have Sims 4, too, though), would they be able to play my game (or try to) and see what the issue is?

EA staff will not take over your computer. If you have issues with Windows, contact Microsoft
    Then I have no idea. I've tried all of that. I don't have the money to buy a whole new computer--would it be possible if someone logs into my Origin account to test the game, then?
    edited May 2018
    Then I have no idea. I've tried all of that. I don't have the money to buy a whole new computer--would it be possible if someone logs into my Origin account to test the game, then?

No, Your account is your own personal info. Your account could get stolen. Never give out your email or password. We are not permitted to discuss this subject in the forum. Someone else testing you game means nothing. Your computer your running the game on has to be able to run the game

If you have tried all that, there is not much else you can do but save up for a computer that meets requirements if you wish to continue playing. The game does have computer requirements and your computer needs to meet those requirements to run the game properly . If your computer can't run the game, it's not something that can be fixed
    But if it wouldn't be able to run the game, why wouldn't it tell me it can't--and why would it work one day, but not work the next? It used to work. Now it doesn't.
    But if it wouldn't be able to run the game, why wouldn't it tell me it can't--and why would it work one day, but not work the next? It used to work. Now it doesn't.

As I mentioned before the game gets more powerful with each EP, Pack, GP and patch you add. Even just adding a patch can make the game more demanding. If your computer is under requirements, the game may play one day and not the next. Just adding a patch can do your computer in to where the game will no longer play and you can not remove patches in this game. It is advised to survive all the game add ons , that you own a computer that meets recommended requirements . The requirements are for desktop , not laptop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. You need a much more powerful laptop to meet the requirements on desktop
  • karisuehkarisueh Posts: 4 New Member
    I have just absolutely had it with ea, origin, and this game. ALL THE MONEY THEY CHARGE and almost EVERY time i go to play something is messed up. I have a dedicated gaming computer with the proper specs, ITS THE GAME. Today alone I've spent 4 hours so far on forums trying to figure out why all of the sudden opening origin freezes my computer, gives me "script errors" and "activation ui exe error". IM SICK OF IT. EA needs to work on how terribly this runs for the amount of money people spend to play these games. I cant repair the game it wont get past 9% of verifying my files. I just.... I love the sims so much but I just cant take the bs anymore. They charge you $60 for a game that we all know will have unplayable bugs for the first two months after release. EA please get your S#&% together!
    edited May 2018
    karisueh wrote: »
    I have just absolutely had it with ea, origin, and this game. ALL THE MONEY THEY CHARGE and almost EVERY time i go to play something is messed up. I have a dedicated gaming computer with the proper specs, ITS THE GAME. Today alone I've spent 4 hours so far on forums trying to figure out why all of the sudden opening origin freezes my computer, gives me "script errors" and "activation ui exe error". IM SICK OF IT. EA needs to work on how terribly this runs for the amount of money people spend to play these games. I cant repair the game it wont get past 9% of verifying my files. I just.... I love the sims so much but I just cant take the plum anymore. They charge you $60 for a game that we all know will have unplayable bugs for the first two months after release. EA please get your S#&% together!

Hello
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then try logging into Origin, and try to launch the game and see if that helps.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps
  • karisuehkarisueh Posts: 4 New Member
    I have done all that. I downloaded Norton hoping it would find something but now my computer is so messed up it will "error have to restart" and everytime I get back to my desktop screen is says "script errors" and I cant accomplish anything without my computer freezing or shutting off. Im devastated I think my computer is toast. One night it works fine, I shut down sims. The next morning everything is chaos. :( I dont understand
    karisueh wrote: »
    I have done all that. I downloaded Norton hoping it would find something but now my computer is so messed up it will "error have to restart" and everytime I get back to my desktop screen is says "script errors" and I cant accomplish anything without my computer freezing or shutting off. Im devastated I think my computer is toast. One night it works fine, I shut down sims. The next morning everything is chaos. :( I dont understand

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having computer issues. If you can get to the Windows Update section on your computer, try seeing if updating your computer helps. If you have recently had Windows updating occur, there may have been issues when that took place.