The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW TO MAKE CAMERA FOLLOW YOUR SIM?

Im on mac btw. How do i make the camera follow a sim, I'm very confused.
we way too young to get old <3

Comments

• WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    Right click on the small picture icon in the lower left corner of your screen. The cam will then "follow" your sim. But don't expect the cam to follow behind at all times. It won't. If the sim makes a turn the cam will still follow but from an angle or off to the side. Sims 4 does not have a "true" follow cam.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    The big icon, with a picture of the Sim and all of its whims, or the small icon at the bottom?
    The small one.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2015
    I just figured out how to do this, and I have a Mac as well. Click on the small icon of your Sim while holding down the "Command" button on your keyboard. This will allow you to follow your sim.

BTW, you don't have to continuously hold down the Command key. Just hold it until you click the little Sim icon, then you can let go.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
    Even on a MAC you should be able to just right click the small icon and not have to hold Command.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • MadamKroftMadamKroft Posts: 26 New Member
    I'm pretty sure you hover over the bottom left image of your sim and right click.
    its not working for me. weird.
    thanks everyone! ill keep trying. :)
    If you're not using the Sims 3 cam you might want to try changing to it in the game settings.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Pickle_DillPickle_Dill Posts: 12 New Member
    Doesn't matter whether you have ts3 can on. Right click should work fine.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    If you are using one of the Apple mice, it sometimes does not recognize the commands necessary to play certain games. Personally, I buy a regular old mouse (Logitech works very well) so that I have the right click function on the mouse. But Command + click should be the "right click" on most mice.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Sav11Sav11 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having this same issue but on the Xbox One console and it’s only when I switch my sims or “snap to right/left sim” the camera used to automatically center that sim on my screen and now when I switch sims it doesn’t show me where they are unless I find them myself or double click. It was soo nice when I could click RT / LT and switch sims and see exactly where they were and what they were doing. I can’t find anybody else talking about this issue anywhere else, anybody here know?
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    This is the section for Apple Computers/Macs. There is not a section open at this point for Technical questions for the Console games. Your best bet is to pose your question in the Feedback section for the Console games. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-console-game-feedback
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.