Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Identify All Unidentified Plants - but one not showing *FIX*

Milestone III: Wilderness Explorer

Identify All Unidentified Plants (500) - I've seen a few posts showing one plant is missing from being identified but all are showing in the collection.

This was happening for me too, but I've tried this fix and it worked !
while in Granite Falls go to the Deep Woods, Fish using bait, and scroll through you should see an unidentified plant,
then cancel the action for fishing, look in your Sims inventory for the plant you saw in the fishing list
and check them all!
I had 99 Chamomile, so I scrolled through them all to the bottom and found several unidentified!
I then clicked to identify and got the milestone complete !

Hope this helps x

Check out My showcase thread
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
or look for me in the Gallery
aka DizziSquirrel

Comments

• Options
    ValkeiriaValkeiria Posts: 4 New Member
    Appreciate the post and hope it helps other. I've tried this but no unidentified plant in my inventory. Might be because I sell the vegetables and plants when I harvest one that has evolved. I'm really stuck on this. The only plant I don't have is the alien one. Do I really need to get his one? I don't want to go through doing this and spoiling the adventure for another character just to fix this issue, if in fact that would even fix it.
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    hi, are you tryng to complete this milestone ? and did you try the fishing in GF ?
    I havnt played this sim in a while, so cant comment re the collection, I will have a look next time I play, but I may have deleted that game!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2015
    I had this problem, so thanks for posting the work-around. I found I did indeed have an old unidentified plant in my inventory. Actually though, I found another way of going about the workaround. I didn't have to go to GF to go fishing. I was gardening on my home lot, and chose to fertilize a plant. Scrolled through the list of possible fertilizers in my inventory and voila! Found there were two plants labelled as 'unidentified.' So I found those, identified them and got the milestone.

@Valkeiria -- I'm not sure if you're thinking of the right plants. You mention evolving, gardening and the alien plant -- this milestone really doesn't involve gardening or splicing/evolving to grow all the plants. It's Outdoor Retreat specific and only deals with the herbalism plants found in Granite Falls. You just have to harvest the 'unidentified plants' in Granite Falls and then identify all the harvested fruits/leaves and such. I think there are 10 of them. The problem seems to be that if you have collected any extras (before having identified that plant) and they remain tagged 'unidentified' in your inventory, you don't get credit for the milestone until you identify those as well.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    KeshenaKeshena Posts: 1 New Member
    In my case person A had already collected and identified all the plants, taken them home and planted them etc and completed the aspiration. So person B had harvested them at home so had them in his inventory with the name etc so I couldn't work out why he had not identified some? In some cases I only had to open the "stack" of the chamomile plant for example, and find ones which were "unidentified" and identify them. Some didn't have any unidentified ones though, so I had to go back to granite falls and harvest all the wild plants again, go into my inventory and open the stack of that plant and scroll through to find the unidentified ones and "identity" them.
  • Options
    HeatherNickelHeatherNickel Posts: 41 Member
    Sorry to bump this back up, but for some reason I can't start a discussion. I am currently having this issue. I was actually stuck at 8/10 (even though she identified all 10) on my aspiration, and tried this trick. I had two chamomile that were still "unidentified". I searched them out and told her to identify them. She only identified one and got me up to 9/10, and the other one disappeared. So now I am stuck at 9/10 with no unidentified stuff in my inventory and no way to find unidentified plants. Any ideas??
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Sorry to bump this back up, but for some reason I can't start a discussion. I am currently having this issue. I was actually stuck at 8/10 (even though she identified all 10) on my aspiration, and tried this trick. I had two chamomile that were still "unidentified". I searched them out and told her to identify them. She only identified one and got me up to 9/10, and the other one disappeared. So now I am stuck at 9/10 with no unidentified stuff in my inventory and no way to find unidentified plants. Any ideas??

Hello
    There is a cheat to complete the aspiration level
    Type in testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone
    Press enter
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I think I'll have to cheat to complete this as well, because no matter what I do it won't find that last one. Even though I have all 10 in my inventory.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680