Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will thesims3.com be fixed?

I know this topic is in the wrong subforum but I'm still going to say it. When will thesims3.com, more specifically my page, be fixed? It hasn't worked since 21 February, that's almost 3 weeks! It's impossible to recommend other player's creations, and when you reload your my page you often/mostly get to see your my page like how it was 21 February. Comments and posts also mostly don't appear, which means you often have to rewrite the same thing two, three times. When will this be fixed? The Sims 4 is NOT an excuse to neglect thousends of players that still play The Sims 3 and paid hundreds of dollars for it... Sorry, it's just frustrating... :(
Onderschrift_zps7b5c38ca.png
༼ つ ͡◕ Ѿ ͡◕ ༽つ My website ~ My page ~ My TS3-houses ~ My TS4-houses ლ(́◕◞Ѿ◟◕‵ლ)

Comments

• evet76evet76 Posts: 2 New Member
    Are you having issues uploading to the Exchange too? I haven't been able to upload in a month or two.
  • smoesiesmoesie Posts: 267 Member
    I haven't uploaded anything since December, but yes, I know some people who aren't able to upload things. But that has been a problem for years, this one is new.
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Just an FYI - I brought this problem to the attention of SimGuruBChick on Wednesday and she told me she's having the team look into it. I'm hoping we'll see a solution in the early part of next week since BChick took a long weekend and there's never anybody working on problems over the weekend. :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
    Okay, that's good to hear. I hope it will last longer than two weeks this time when it's "fixed". :p
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've seen other posting about not being able to download from the Exchange with save file and some were unable to download an update version of CAW when they patched their game because the download button for it is broken.CAP isn't downloading either.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited March 2015
    It is still not possible to recommend other player's creations, and my page still doesn't work properly. EA, fix it. :( Will be a month in a few days...m

vEDIT: Okay, good to know someone's working on it.
    Post edited by smoesie on
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey there,
    There are 2 different things you reported.

1. My page doing weird things. That should have gotten fixed last week.
    2. the "I can't recommend, I can't favorite, I can't save" from the exchange issue. We have some people working on it, it will take a while.

Once that is solved i will try to let you know
    thanks
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Hey there,
    There are 2 different things you reported.

1. My page doing weird things. That should have gotten fixed last week.
    2. the "I can't recommend, I can't favorite, I can't save" from the exchange issue. We have some people working on it, it will take a while.

Once that is solved i will try to let you know
    thanks
    SGR! Thanks for the update. Been also having lots of folks think the script issues are a bigger deal, a few have even reported doing system restore resulting in programming corruption can we get an official statement to ignore :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    SimGuruRusskii - Sorry if this sounds like a plum question but .... WHAT is causing the problem with the launcher not being able to upload to the exchange?? Say that someone wanted to check if the image they wanted to use with a particular upload would actually "load up", but then IMMEDIATELY took that upload down. Deleted it from their studio. But now they go back to the item they want to upload, and the launcher is giving them grief. ALWAYS giving them that plum stop thingy. W H Y ??

i ask because this is my problem!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @evet76 - Yup! I can't share my populated world with y'all because my launcher won't let me. Or, the exchange won't let my launcher.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Can EA please PLEASE patch the game once more and try to make it a big one solving most issues? PLEASE! I get the launcher script error not a big deal but annoys me, please someone at EA like @SimGuruRusskii please make it happen if you can!
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • MutterschiffMutterschiff Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello :) I enjoy playing Sims3 for my life. There is not a day when I'm not in the community. Sorry, we can not give any more recommendations since 03/03/2015. Me and all my friends would be very happy if someone please take care of it and eliminates this problem. Excuse me for my bad English :) Kind Regards, Mutterschiff ♥
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2015
    Any word on what's going on with this @SimGuruRusskii ? It's been so long since we could rec' one another's creations!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Ts3 website is down right now, what's going on?
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda
    Looks like the recommendation-problem is solved (for now). :)
    Hey, we pushed a fix yesterday for the exchange "i can't recommend, save, favorite, things". We also fixed the "i can't download CAW, CAP" problem as well =)
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    SimGuruRusskii - Sorry if this sounds like a plum question but .... WHAT is causing the problem with the launcher not being able to upload to the exchange?? Say that someone wanted to check if the image they wanted to use with a particular upload would actually "load up", but then IMMEDIATELY took that upload down. Deleted it from their studio. But now they go back to the item they want to upload, and the launcher is giving them grief. ALWAYS giving them that plum stop thingy. W H Y ??

i ask because this is my problem!
    sorry i didn't respond to this. I think judging by your timestamp on this post. it was when the servers were in trouble. When the service flatlines, IT takes a while to make them come back again.
    I think this is fixed now though, right?

cale2003 wrote: »
    Can EA please PLEASE patch the game once more and try to make it a big one solving most issues? PLEASE! I get the launcher script error not a big deal but annoys me, please someone at EA like @SimGuruRusskii please make it happen if you can!

if you are referring to the weird random java script error on the launcher, a fix was pushed for that too yesterday.
    thanks!

• cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »

if you are referring to the weird random java script error on the launcher, a fix was pushed for that too yesterday.
    thanks!

I still got 2 but when I clicked on another tab not 6000 like before when I opened the launcher
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @SimGuruRusskii I just left the Sims store. I clicked on the ad,and it left a message. We are sorry,this offer is not available anymore! Is this a permanent thing? Or is there something else going on that we Sim players should know about. I would appreciate a reply. Thanks
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Cristill wrote: »
    @SimGuruRusskii I just left the Sims store. I clicked on the ad,and it left a message. We are sorry,this offer is not available anymore! Is this a permanent thing? Or is there something else going on that we Sim players should know about. I would appreciate a reply. Thanks

I get those too but I don't think there is anything to worry about. It just means that the ad in question has already expired probably because the simpoints for that sponsor has probably run out for the day.

If you look below the blue button, it says this:

*The number of videos available to view per user will vary depending on inventory. SimPoints may take up to 24 hours to appear after viewing a video.

So from reading this, is just means that the sponsor may have a certain number of ads/simpoints that have per day and when they run out of simpoints for those ads, we will get that message that will say that the ad is no longer available.

Hope this helps... :)

• mhbzestermhbzester Posts: 15 Member
    I am unable to move from the long list of items i have in my basket onto the next page that used to tell me how many points i would need in total to buy the items in the basket - the "NEXT" button doesnt do anything when clicked. I have already had to purchase 2 dozen items individually and that is very frustrating - when will this be fixed?
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I can't access the wishlist - mine or my friends! I keep getting "persona not found" - When will this be fixed so I can gift my friends?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!