Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store not working!

Everytime I try to go in the store I get nothing, I have trying to assess the store all day. Now even when I went to the daily deal I got nothing. Is that because of EA shutting down the Maxis studio. Will the store be open? Can someone fix the store because I would like to buy something..

Thanks

Comments

• ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I didn't have a problem with the store until just now..it is completely down. Not sure what happened. :s
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    ANNAPTX wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem with the store until just now..it is completely down. Not sure what happened. :s

Now its back up.
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @lovlyb & @ annaptx, I was able to get to the Sims store, but it won't allow me to sign in. A lot of people are having issues right now. Lets hope that the SimsGurus are hard at work trying to fix these problems.
  • HarlansGirlHarlansGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues adding things from the Exchange into their Favorites? Mine won't seem to allow me...
  • DebBolckow2DebBolckow2 Posts: 117 Member
    I haven't been able to get to the store for 3 days. I also get the time out message when I try to access my purchase history so I can't download stuff I own.
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    Okay, I thought I was doing something wrong. I could not get into the Sims 3 Store a couple of days ago. It just kept spinning like it was trying to process. I went to the EA help chat and they reset my password. I entered a new password while I was talking to them, and I was able to get into the Store. Well today I was locked out again. I was just about to call them again.

This is weird. I can get into The Sims Forums and Origin because I had my computer remember the password this time. If I try to login to thesims3.com, it says my information is invalid, but the menu will safely take me to forums.thesims.com. If I try to login to store.thesims3.com, it just spins around like it was doing when I had the problem before. The Sims Forums and Origin say my information is invalid if I try to do it manually, but I am sure I am entering the right information. If I let Safari do it, it goes through for Origin and the Forums. I’m not sure if it would have done any good if I had entered the password in Safari for the Store as well. I wonder if resetting the password will help me at all. Will it let me in for only one session and then lock me out again? Is anybody able to get in at all? Are you still locked out, @DebBolckow2?

I hope this isn't the end already, because there are some things I still want to buy. Can we backup what we do have by merely copying our Downloads folder? And if they are down, why don't they inform the customer service reps instead of letting them have us senselessly change our passwords?
    I am sitting here with "Kittens, Cake and Cotton Candy " playing into my ear while the customer service rep tries to find out if the Store is really down.
    The customer service rep says that the Store needs to be updated. ?? They are trying that now and want me to try to login in five minutes.
    edited March 2015
    Okay, I tried to login to the Store. The asynchronous progress indicator (spinning gear) was still spinning around after 10 minutes -- long enough for me to google what it's called. Why aren't these people kept in the loop, or why don't they know what they are doing? I think I'll wait 'til morning to call again in hopes that the regular call center will open.

Edited to add:
    Surely there's a shorter name for that thing -- you know, the thing that used to be an hourglass on PCs, but now looks like spinning spokes.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    This is a post that SGRusskii made in another thread about the recommending and favorites options... :)

"SimGuruRusskii commented:

Hey there,
    There are 2 different things you reported.

1. My page doing weird things. That should have gotten fixed last week.
    2. the "I can't recommend, I can't favorite, I can't save" from the exchange issue. We have some people working on it, it will take a while.

Once that is solved i will try to let you know
    thanks"

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/819438/when-will-thesims3-com-be-fixed#latest

Hope this helps... :)
  • DebBolckow2DebBolckow2 Posts: 117 Member
    @Annikaperi I was able to get into my purchase history this morning. Always so frustrating dealing with EA. My first reaction is always: It's their fault not mine! Sadly, it turns out that that's actually true more than 90% of the time.
    @DebBolckow2, glad you could get in. Sigh, it's the same thing for me: invalid login on the home page and spinning gear in the Store. Guess it's another call to Customer Services.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    This is a post that SGRusskii made in another thread about the recommending and favorites options... :)

Hey there,

2. the "I can't recommend, I can't favorite, I can't save" from the exchange issue. We have some people working on it, it will take a while.

thanks"

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/819438/when-will-thesims3-com-be-fixed#latest

Thanks, @lisasc360, looks like this is going to be how things are for now. I won't bother to keep trying to change my password. I hope they will get it fixed soon.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Hey there,

thanks"

Thanks, @lisasc360, looks like this is going to be how things are for now. I won't bother to keep trying to change my password. I hope they will get it fixed soon.

You're welcome... :)
  • Cucumber_DipCucumber_Dip Posts: 99 Member
    I've been trying to access the store since last night. All I get is the pouty Sim saying "Be right back!" Except he hasn't...I can still access the store on my phone though.
    I've been trying to access the store since last night. All I get is the pouty Sim saying "Be right back!" Except he hasn't...I can still access the store on my phone though.

Weird.
  • Cucumber_DipCucumber_Dip Posts: 99 Member
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    Weird.
    Not anymore, cannot access the Sims 3 Store at all, and I have 3 Daily Deals that I want to get today.

• Freyachan09Freyachan09 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2015
    I haven't been able to access the Store either, or the Sims3 Site in general, Same problem: Tells me my password is incorrect, but I know it is accurate because I can access Origin, :\ It's rather annoying, It let me on last night (After not letting me for two days) For a whole ten minutes. Then kicked me off again.. :(

Edit:
    Now I can Get on it for ONE PAGE, then if I go to a different one, I'm out again.... Not cool.
    Post edited by Freyachan09 on
  • mhbzestermhbzester Posts: 15 Member
    I can access the store but not my shopping cart which means I need to buy 163 items by clicking separately; or not bother and get the content free - what the hell is going on - don't you want my money?
  • Bludragon336Bludragon336 Posts: 5 New Member
    i just purchased The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise and have been trying to collect all my rewards and bonus content, so far anything that requires me to go to store.thesims3.com says the site is down, and when i try to navigate the store from the home page, i get an error page...
    I hope its not permanently broken, i would really like to get all of my content.
  • Firestaar1977Firestaar1977 Posts: 18 Member
    I have also been trying to log into my account there to make some purchases, and am having the same thing happen with it not allowing me to log in.
  • AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    i just purchased The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise and have been trying to collect all my rewards and bonus content, so far anything that requires me to go to store.thesims3.com says the site is down, and when i try to navigate the store from the home page, i get an error page...
    I hope its not permanently broken, i would really like to get all of my content.

It isn't. :) Don't worry it should be up by tomorrow. It normally is when it goes down.
  • mhbzestermhbzester Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2015
    Have you contacted EA via their chat system as its now been down for a good few days
    I got in. Someone was able to access their MyPage by clearing their cache yesterday, so I figured I could get in too. I reset my password and was able to get in.
  • elorademinaelorademina Posts: 46 Member
    I have been having issues with the store too. The other day I tried to log in several times and got the infinitely spinning circle each time, so I gave up trying. Was able to log in today, but cannot access my purchase history, billing history or the shopping cart. Get Liam'd every time. Apparently, EA doesn't even want my money today. Sure would at least like to be able to access my 15+ pages of DLC that I paid for, gurus! Please fix this soon!