Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Tannie2017Tannie2017 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi:
    Not only am I new to The Drifter Challenge, but I'm also new to Sims. I have a question regarding autonomy. I set it to full as the rules state, but when I started to play, my sims pretty much started playing on her own. I watched Vi's current youtube challenge, and her sims doesn't seem to do that. Am I doing something wrong? Should my sims be playing by herself without me guiding her? Please help. Thanks.
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Nakendra Happy for you that Stalvar's not a vampire :smile:
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Vihisha Thank you so much for making the change for me. I figure with 24 houses and I plan to do this challenge over again I needed a separate blog just for the Drifter Challenge.
    u betcha =)
    Nakendra wrote: »
    Meet my heir Stalvar Desiree, very lucky that he came out as a human. LOL really didn't want to have more that one child this go around. Tho I wish that he had gotten his mother hair color, maybe one of the grand-kids will inherit her coloring.
    He's so cute!! GRATZ on an adorable heir =)
    Tannie2017 wrote: »
    Hi:
    Not only am I new to The Drifter Challenge, but I'm also new to Sims. I have a question regarding autonomy. I set it to full as the rules state, but when I started to play, my sims pretty much started playing on her own. I watched Vi's current youtube challenge, and her sims doesn't seem to do that. Am I doing something wrong? Should my sims be playing by herself without me guiding her? Please help. Thanks.
    Things sound like they r working as intended! My Sims WILL do things on their own if I don't tell them what 2 do! A lot has 2 do w/what objects u have 4 them & their traits do play a lot into it as well! WELCOME 2 The Sims4 & The Drifter Challenge! It's so nice 2 meet new players =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Nakendra Stalvar is a cutie and I love when they give the toddlers a bath. It's just so cute.

@Tannie2017 Welcome to the Drifter Challenge and to the Sims :) If you have any question just ask and we would be more than happy to help you.
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2017
    Stalvar age up to a very cute child
    LnDWLWC.jpg

Honey ended up pregnant with twins, but because I forgot to save, I'm back to where Stalvar age up.
    Post edited by Nakendra on
    @Nakendra Sorry to hear about the lost twins.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    @Nakendra, sorry you forgot to save.A shame about the twins. Was she pregnant when you last saved or are the twins lost for good?
    Nakendra wrote: »
    Honey ended up pregnant with twins, but because I forgot to save, I'm back to where Stalvar age up.
    Bum deal about the lost save! But I'm so glad you're back on a roll!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @illusie sadly the girls are gone for good.
    @Vihisha this time I'm going to try and stay with this family
    When it comes to the twinsi have mix feelings. They weren't planned, but at the same time I still wanted them.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    @nakendra, that is such a shame.
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @Nakendra That's too bad about losing those twins! I'm so afraid of quitting without saving that I'll save twice before I close to the game.
    @TheAmazingLee yes i usually save often myself. But becausei couldn't get anyone to do anything like go to the bathroom out eati had no choice but to quit. On the bright side, when I'm ready for my Sims to have more kids, parenting should be out.
  • freshy65freshy65 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just looking for some clarification on the rules..

*If the Main Sim should die before Woohoo For Baby is successful (resulting in pregnancy) this House Mini-Challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

Does this mean that I can continue playing if my main sim dies since the heir is already born and a child? How would I go about that.. just just speed through the game until they reach Young Adult?
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @freshy65 That's correct! I've had to do that on a couple of houses and I've seen other people do it as well. You just get to watch your sims and hope they don't die before a young adult birthday!
    freshy65 wrote: »
    Just looking for some clarification on the rules..

*If the Main Sim should die before Woohoo For Baby is successful (resulting in pregnancy) this House Mini-Challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

Does this mean that I can continue playing if my main sim dies since the heir is already born and a child? How would I go about that.. just just speed through the game until they reach Young Adult?

That is correct..if all other house goals r either completed or can b completed on auto-watch & you're just waiting 4 The Heir to age then yes...it's just watching as they go about their business!! The House mini-challenge ends when The Heir ages...so it's not finished...even if The Main Sim may have perished....this allows a House Complete even under "extreme" circumstances =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    New YouTube content has been added!
    Alison Wright ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-R9Us_GDWyeruqCMpp4Bg
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • mattrweeksmattrweeks Posts: 41 Member
    I'm a bit confused about one thing.

The rules say you need 1k in family funds to travel unless stated otherwise. Then say that if the sim is asked to an outing, they are allowed to visit the lot for the duration of the outing even if it's not considered unlocked. I'm not quite understanding whether they still need the 1k to attend the outing or not.

I think it's just the fact that it's specifically listed separately that confuses me. I feel like if the intent were that the 1k is still needed for visiting those, it should have been worded differently and included as part of the initial explanation for that section of the rules. But that's just me, and I'm really just looking to clear it up for myself so I don't do something wrong in trying this. If you don't want to change it, that is totally your decision.
    Check out my play through of The Drifter Challenge House 01.
    mattrweeks wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about one thing.
    The rules say you need 1k in family funds to travel unless stated otherwise. Then say that if the sim is asked to an outing, they are allowed to visit the lot for the duration of the outing even if it's not considered unlocked. I'm not quite understanding whether they still need the 1k to attend the outing or not.
    The $1k is required ANYTIME u travel (unless otherwise stated) so yes..when you're asked on an outing...that counts as travel so you'd need that $1k in the Active Household's funds :)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Alrightie. Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^
    Just didn't want to get too far into it and later find out I'd cheated and done something I wasn't allowed to.
    So just updating. I got my Drifter Challenge started and I have uploaded the first episode of the Let's Play I'm doing with it. I wish I could link it, but my account is not remotely near member status.

My YouTube username is masqraccoon. Hopefully that helps anyone interested in watching locate the video.
    @mattrweeks Welcome to the Drifters. I hope everything is going well for you.
    @Karise Thanks. ^_^
    At this point I have recorded about 6 episodes into my Let's Play (3 of which have been posted), and while I initially felt like my drifter, Rusty Simms - whose name is somewhat a joke on my skills as a player since this is my first attempt at a challenge in Sims 4 - got off to a rough start, I'm feeling a lot better about where he's at now. So I'd say at the moment things are going well. ^_^

Rusty's biggest accomplishment at this point is that he got 1k and therefore was able to accept an invite to the Romance Festival from Saanvi Ramesh, one of the young adult females he's been befriending. While there they became boyfriend and girlfriend.
    @mattrweeks Congrats on getting 1k and making it to the Festival so Rusty and Saanvi could become boyfriend and girlfriend. I hope things continue to progress well for you.
    New YouTube content added!
    -GamerAvelos ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt8G-Dn3opGJot8JRVGbpNg
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Alrightie. Thanks for clearing that up. ^_^
    Just didn't want to get too far into it and later find out I'd cheated and done something I wasn't allowed to.
    U Betcha! :smiley:

So just updating. I got my Drifter Challenge started and I have uploaded the first episode of the Let's Play I'm doing with it. I wish I could link it, but my account is not remotely near member status.
    My YouTube username is masqraccoon. Hopefully that helps anyone interested in watching locate the video.
    Here's the link & I'm adding it 2 the list here on House 001 thread (as u progress could u remind me 2 add u in the other house threads if u keep going?!) & I also added it 2 the Drifters list on MY YouTube channel!

-masqraccoon ~ https://www.youtube.com/user/masqraccoon

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top