Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

move forum to a type of forum where new members thread can be moderated and aprouve

Hello to all who think that its time that the gurus moved the forum to a type of forum where new members registring on the forum for the first time be aprouve for posting by the sims gurus for 1 thing and before the new member be allowed to make post not requireing is new topics thread be modrated and aprouve in the first few days of membership and after reaching a certain post coun like say 10 or 20 post the member thread no longer requires modrating i think its time that they make serious changes to the registration system because i remember the old sims3 forum you needed to have a game registered in order to be able to post there.
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Move to a new forum and needing pre-approval for posts? No, that is extreme and unnecessary, not to mention completely ineffective. Any good troll can fake it through 10 or 20 'well-behaved' posts to get to status of not needing be pre-approved for posting. It would serve no purpose but take up time of mods and gurus for nothing.

I don't see a change coming regarding registration either, but that one I would welcome.
  • Options
    OpulentiousOpulentious Posts: 44 Member
    Hell no. There's already too much restriction on here. I'm still trying to get to the requirements where I can have a profile picture. It doesn't really gain anything apart from annoying possible new forum members.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Hell no. There's already too much restriction on here. I'm still trying to get to the requirements where I can have a profile picture. It doesn't really gain anything apart from annoying possible new forum members.

Blame the trolls for all the restrictions
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

Also you should be grateful for all these restrictions they where put up for a reason they are also there as a sort of protection

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited March 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Hello to all who think that its time that the gurus moved the forum to a type of forum where new members registring on the forum for the first time be aprouve for posting by the sims gurus for 1 thing and before the new member be allowed to make post not requireing is new topics thread be modrated and aprouve in the first few days of membership and after reaching a certain post coun like say 10 or 20 post the member thread no longer requires modrating i think its time that they make serious changes to the registration system because i remember the old sims3 forum you needed to have a game registered in order to be able to post there.
    I saw you post this yesterday and didn't get a chance to reply. ;)

What I would like to see is the base game registered in order to gain forum access and each GP, EP, SP after registered to that one base game. No more registering individual packs like on the old Jforum. As far as feedback, those that do not have the game could/should have restricted access to a specific feedback sub-forum and that's it. The forums would be a happier place imho.

FYI ~ As far as I know, Vanilla Forum (open forum) is supposed to be the forum of the future. What I was told is that all EA.com forums will eventually be converted from the old Jforum to the new Vanilla forums. As to what is being done behind the scenes in reference to the above I have no information and probably couldn't talk about it if I did.

ETA: Approving post.
    I don't see that happening. I watch the Activity page and there is not enough staff to sit and approve every thread/post for a new member. That is so not going to happen on a forum of this size.

EDIT: So many typos
    Post edited by blunote00 on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).