Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does this mean the sims 4 is over ?

fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
I read today the EA has shut down Maxis.
Does this mean there will be no more sims 4 after the next expansion?

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No, they just closed the original headquarters. The series will be fine.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    No just all the SimCity stuff is dying! Sims is good!
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    No need to worry, only one Maxis studio has been closed. The Sims 4 will very much continue. :)
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I wish..... so we can finally move past this and get Sims 5....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I truly feel sorry for all the SimCity developers and fans of the series. :'(
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2015
    The Emeryville Studio if I recall was Will Wrights Original Sims (and SimsCity) studio before they gave him a Division at the main Campus in Redwood City, CA. That was eons ago really. I am surprised they were still using it to start with.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The Emeryville Studio if I recall was Will Wrights Original studio before they gave him a Division at the main Campus in Redwood City, CA. That was eons ago really. I am surprised they were still using it to start with.

Hey Reg, what about the Montreal studio? It is a mobile one right? So what have you heard about the Canadian layoffs?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Some of those employees will no doubt become simgurus for TS4.
    You mean the same people who made a mess of SimCity is coming to Sims 4....?!
    Buzz-Lightyear-Free-Falling-Nooooo-Reaction-Gif-In-Toy-Story-2.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Yep. I'm pretty sure some will be hired for TS4.

• rayof2krayof2k Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2015

@EasyToRead Why do you even care? You've done nothing but spend months on this forum trolling a game you don't even like.

Edit: If they do close down the studio and end The Sims 4, what are you going to do with your life without this forum to spend every living second in?
  • jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member

If TS4 fails there most likely wont be a TS5

• MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

If they were to close down TS4 studio at this stage then we could safely assume that there would be no TS5.
    tFU6JMe.png
    rayof2k wrote: »
    @EastToRead Why do you even care? You've done nothing but spend months on this forum trolling a game you don't even like.
    I'm invested in this franchise that's why. That's not an issue anyways. You are allowed to express your excitement and enjoyment or whatever just as much as I'm allowed to express my opinion. It's not trolling. I call it as i see it. Now if you don't mind.... stop attacking me....
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Fortunaly TS4 isn't shutting down and their still planning expansions,gamepacks and patch updates.
  • BudgieSimBoyBudgieSimBoy Posts: 139 Member
    kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-simcity-developer-maxis-1689454903

Hope all the staff find a job ASAP, interesting piece in the Jason Schreier article.
    "Neither SimCity nor the recent release of The Sims 4 performed very well, according to a person familiar with goings-on at the studio"

jh2011 wrote: »

If TS4 fails there most likely wont be a TS5
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

If they were to close down TS4 studio at this stage then we could safely assume that there would be no TS5.
    You know they threatened that with us before but recanted that statement.... I don't think it's a definite thing to say. This franchise can still make them a lot of money even if Sims 4 fails.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I hope this means the downfall of Sims 4.
  • rayof2krayof2k Posts: 38 Member
    @EastToRead Why do you even care? You've done nothing but spend months on this forum trolling a game you don't even like.
    I'm invested in this franchise that's why. That's not an issue anyways. You are allowed to express your excitement and enjoyment or whatever just as much as I'm allowed to express my opinion. It's not trolling. I call it as i see it. Now if you don't mind.... stop attacking me....

Nobody is attacking you. We've all heard your opinion in EVERY post regardless of the subject matter. Being invested is one thing, trying to take over a forum with the same argument over and over and over is trolling. Sorry to be the one to break that to you.

Surely you jest. One expansion pack would be a failure for this game. Atleast give me hottubs and tropical beach vacations.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member

Surely you jest. One expansion pack would be a failure for this game. Atleast give me hottubs and tropical beach vacations.

Why not root for Sims 5 as soon as possible so you can have hot tubs and tropical beach vacations in a game that is as awesome as Sims 2 and 3?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Why would I want the downfall of a game I like? I surely hope it is not done. I cannot go back to 3 on a daily basis. I won't.

Nobody is attacking you. We've all heard your opinion in EVERY post regardless of the subject matter. Being invested is one thing, trying to take over a forum with the same argument over and over and over is trolling. Sorry to be the one to break that to you.
    Oh stop exaggerating.... It's not EVERY POST! I don't go in random screenshot threads or challenge threads and say my opinion. I speak in context to what the thread is about. We are all basically saying the same opinion over and over again with time. It's not like I copy and paste lines over and over again. Enough of this petty back and forth. Sorry to break it to you but a lot of people hate this game. Deal with it. I'm done replying to you.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    Andygal wrote: »

Why not root for Sims 5 as soon as possible so you can have hot tubs and tropical beach vacations in a game that is as awesome as Sims 2 and 3?

Two reasons

1)If there is a sims 5 it would be years before we see it.

2)There may not be a sims 5 if sims 4 shuts down.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top