Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*LATEST ISSUE OUT!* Simsacious Magazine (My Sims' Backstories and Interview)

Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
Hey there! If this is your first time reading through my stuff I really suggest that you take a look at my Tumblr page. Refined versions of the magazines below are posted there. There's not much difference on the earlier versions below but there's a lot less typos on the site. Here's the link!

Simsacious Magazine Tumblr

So take a look there for the revisions of the older issues! It's ultimately your call where you want to read my work but either way I'm grateful that you took your time to check out my magazine!

The old stuff is below if you want to see them and all the glorious typos and grammatical errors. XD

So here's a thing I got going on. I know I've already posted these a few times but I just want to make a thread in case I want to do it regularly. I know it seems a bit too self-promotional but I'm just proud of my work. They're a bit of a long read so you might want to get comfy.

Here's Veronica's issue:
xKw7Pwx.png

amkuJL7.jpg

1PkubIm.jpg

Melinda's
oGyHKBM.jpg

L6drFcK.jpg

wVd3doN.jpg

David's
KKUNl2t.jpg

Simsacious_Mag_David_Story.png

SBdzSB7.jpg

Please excuse any typos and grammatical errors you find - I haven't done much proofreading on some of the images but I hope you guys enjoy these. I think I put too much effort in their backstories. lol
Post edited by Wasting_Night on

Comments

• LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    They look VERY nice. :)
  • ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    Have to admit I didn't read them properly but I will come back and do so when I have a cuppa and 10 min to dedicate.

Images/layout are great.
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Love these! I'm glad you made a thread for them so they don't get lost. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Pretty slick! Do you have them in the gallery?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    I saw them in the storyteller group and they are amazing! You are very talented and creative. Will you keep adding to their story in different issues?
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    edited March 2015
    Pretty slick! Do you have them in the gallery?

I think I have them in uploaded. Thanks. :)

Rivie wrote: »
    I saw them in the storyteller group and they are amazing! You are very talented and creative. Will you keep adding to their story in different issues?

I'm glad you enjoyed them! Maybe I'll add in little tidbits in future issues (GTW adding in a detective career will definitely take David out of retirement) but I want to focus on different Sims per month.
    So here's the cover of the super-on-time issue of Simsacious magazine featuring my favorite Sim Samantha. lol

Simsacious_Mag_Samantha.png

The article and interview will come later. I no longer have the gift of having too much free time. XD

• AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    This is awesome! What program did you use?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    Fabulous as ever! Love these.
    This is awesome! What program did you use?
    I actually just use Photoshop and in-game screens. lol
    Fabulous as ever! Love these.
    Thanks! Look out for the rest of her story.

Speaking of Samantha's story, HERE'S HER ARTICLE!

Simsacious_Mag_Samantha_Story.png

The interview with her will come soon. I have to think of questions and in-character answers. XD

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Great story! Beautiful Sim.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    These are incredibly beautiful! Amazing work.
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Great story! Beautiful Sim.
    @CathyTea always happy to deliver stories. lol
    These are incredibly beautiful! Amazing work.
    @aroseinbloom thank you! I hope to get Samantha's interview done soon so you can really get into her life.
    Just another teaser: This time it's the image I'll be using for Samantha's interview!

Simsacious_Mag_Samantha_Story_2nd_Page_IMAGE.png

The interview is coming soon folks!
    Just another teaser: This time it's the image I'll be using for Samantha's interview!

Simsacious_Mag_Samantha_Story_2nd_Page_IMAGE.png

The interview is coming soon folks!

Oh, wow! What a story that photo tells! So I guess this is why your spreads get my imagination stirring--they just bring up such a strong mood, so many questions, and they're so interesting!

Like, why is she sitting there? What's the guy on the couch laughing about? Who's the guy in the hat, who's the woman coming in the room? What's she thinking about?

They're really powerful and evocative! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited April 2015
    @CathyTea remember when I said you're getting me all motivated? Well, here's the FULL April issue with Samantha on the cover!

COVER:
    Simsacious_Mag_Samantha.png

ARTICLE:
    Simsacious_Mag_Samantha_Story.png

INTERVIEW:
    Simsacious_Mag_Samantha_Story_2nd_Page.png

I had to change a few images around because I thought Samantha's black and white picture was too pretty to obscure with text. lol I did some proofreading on the text though some might still slip through. I also did some light rewriting on the article.

I hope you guys enjoy reading Samantha's story and interview!
    edited May 2015
    Guys I need some input. I'm gonna start making this month's issue soon but I'm torn between two Sims- Paige and Taylor. Paige is in the entertainer career while Taylor is on the athletic track.

This is Paige
    09_21_14_8_25_AM.png

And this is Taylor
    01_28_15_12_30_PM.png

Hmm... double-feature? They're both so amazing! Maybe one in May, the other in June? Special "Remarkable Women" cover that features both? (I'm not much help when I want to know about both, am I?)

CathyTea wrote: »
    Hmm... double-feature? They're both so amazing! Maybe one in May, the other in June? Special "Remarkable Women" cover that features both? (I'm not much help when I want to know about both, am I?)

Don't worry, you're helping me out just by responding. lol

And about the double issue thing- I'm actually planning on doing one in the future although I already have two Sims in mind for that. XD
    It's a good time to feature an athlete, I'd think - folks tend to think about getting fit this time of year, right?
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Cool wht software/website do you use to create them?
    just putting @emmaning here so I'll get notified if I get an answer
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    It's a good time to feature an athlete, I'd think - folks tend to think about getting fit this time of year, right?

I'm not sure about the time of the year. lol I think that's usually after New Year's. Anyways, I'll take your suggestion as a vote for Taylor. I'll wait for a few more days to decide.
    emmaning wrote: »

About the pictures themselves- I actually just use in-game screenshots and Photoshop to make them. I just come up with some stuff to write and I'm off. lol
    I'm not sure about the time of the year. lol I think that's usually after New Year's. Anyways, I'll take your suggestion as a vote for Taylor. I'll wait for a few more days to decide.

Oh, yeah, you have the New Year's resolution crowd, but there's also a whole herd of "holy crap, I have to fit my fat 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a bathing suit soon!" folks that mobilize towards the end of Spring. :)

• emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

emmaning wrote: »

About the pictures themselves- I actually just use in-game screenshots and Photoshop to make them. I just come up with some stuff to write and I'm off. lol

Cool Ty :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    edited May 2015
    *FIXED IT!*I just realized there's a small typo and a formatting hiccup on Paige's interview. Sorry about that. I was too excited to show the new issue to you guys. lol

Alright then, here's the May issue of Simsacious Magazine featuring Paige on the cover! I tallied all the votes here, on the other thread, and my friends' opinions and Paige won although it was REALLY close.

Cover:
    Simsacious_Mag_Paige_ALT.png

Article:
    Simsacious_Mag_Paige_Story.png

Interview:
    Simsacious_Mag_Paige_STORY_2_ND_PAGE.png

I hope you guys enjoy the read!