Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UGH!!!! There has to be an easier way.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I'm sitting here racking my brain on trying to figure this out. I have a sim who is about four days away from becoming an elder. His life time wish (TS2) is to marry off 6 children. His wife is pregnant with baby number 6 at the moment. The eldest is a teen, and the others are younger. I first tried the Elixir of Life, or what ever it is called, but that crap keeps making him older. I have attempted this three separate times only for it to age him into an elder, completely defeating the purpose. I did attempt to turn him into a vampire, but that was a very close disaster, so I turned him back into a human. I would love for this man to be able to see all his daughters get married, and enjoy a few grand babies.

Update - I went ahead and turned him back into a vampire, and a witch as well. The throne saved his neck the first day he got caught out in the sun...I'm guessing he is going to have to quit his job. The job isn't the problem, it's all his daughters, they all want to give him a hug, outside, when he gets home from work. If the sun doesn't fry him, he might get a chance to full fill his life time want. His last baby was finally a son.
Post edited by LaBlue0314 on

Comments

• ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    When he drank the Elixir of Life how was his Aspiration meter? It has to be gold or platinum when your Sim uses any of the Rewards or they are likely to backfire.

You may get away with a Green Aspiration meter, but better to get it as full as you can - just to be safe :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2015
    Yes, the elixir of life (all the aspiration rewards actually) have to be used with gold and platinum aspiration. For instance, if you get smart milk for the toddlers, make sure your sim preparing it is gold or platinum or the bottle will glow red, not green, and the baby will throw up if they drink it instead of glowing and learning their stuff faster.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2015
    Ok that figures, forgot about that one. I went and did that, but made sure I saved each time he drank. He now has enough time to raise his children, and that was all that I was wanting. Thank you. He doesn't do well as a vampire.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    Yes, the elixir of life (all the aspiration rewards actually) have to be used with gold and platinum aspiration. For instance, if you get smart milk for the toddlers, make sure your sim preparing it is gold or platinum or the bottle will glow red, not green, and the baby will throw up if they drink it instead of glowing and learning their stuff faster.

And some skills will be gone.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Just curious but for your vampire did you buy a coffin? if a vampire doesn't go in the coffin during the day their needs will go down really fast.