Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work RANT

Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
Okay I'm so sorry, but I officially have to rant. I am no longer that excited for this Expansion Pack. And here is why

1: No new town, and only 1 new retail district- Seriously? Only 1 new neighborhood? Yes we can put retail districts on the other lots, but honestly my sims need a place to live.
2: No home businesses- Honestly would this be that hard to implement? They implemented a meaty OFB expansion in SIMS 2. Sims 2!! Would it be that hard to put home businesses in a Sims game that is very more advanced than SIMS 2?
3: Gurus favorite thing about OFB is the 'changing employees outfits'- Really? REALLY? This worries me so much that their favorite thing is changing employees outfits. Not the ability to have anything in your shop, nope not that, but employee outfits!! REALLY?
4: Sick patients can't visit the doctor- It makes perfect sense that when a sim gets sick that they should not be able to go to the doctor. Makes perfect sense. When I get sick, I call my doctor and say "Yo doctor ship me some medicine", and they'll say "Sure thing! No need to come to the doctor for us to check you :D". Seriously Sim Gurus?
5: No Story Progression- So as you know your Doctor sims can deliver babies. Your first thought is "Yes Story Progression!". But no they took the simple way out, and decided "Hey, how about instead of implementing a feature people want, lets just throw in a 'get out of jail free card' and just have the game generate pregnant sims. REALLY? Seriously? This is definitely the lazy way out.

Worst thing of all
6: They aren't listening- Seriously, we have said we want more lots. What do they give us? 4 new lots. 4 new lots in a 40$ expansion pack. They keep saying 'were listening', 'were listening'. Well if you are 'listening' then why don't we have toddlers? Why don't we have locked doors, or bed ownership? Why don't we have create-a-world or Story progression or the color wheel? Why isn't Sims 4 not the best game ever. Why do you still give us 40$ expansion packs that aren't worth it. Why. Why aren't you listening? Why can't you add simple features? Why can't you tell us what you are adding. Yes you added pools, but where are the things i've mentioned.

Now that the rant is over, I would like to say I am still super excited for this EP I explain that here- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/818699/the-truth-im-still-super-excited-for-this-expansion-pack#latest

Petitions
Story Progression- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816620/story-progression-petition-11-signatures?new=1
Create-A-World- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789742/the-sims-4-create-a-world-petition-484-signatures#latest
Color Wheel- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/708667/petition-for-the-color-wheel-to-be-added-to-the-sims-4-213-signatures-and-counting/p1
E0iRxce.png

Please EA
Post edited by Legobatman3609 on

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm with you, I think a lot of us are...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    This only 4 new lots thing is horrible, I was at least expecting 10 per world but we only get 4 this is beyond pathetic.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    This summarizes why I won't be buying the EP, and I have a feeling also summarizes why I won't by buying any more EP's or GP's. At least the disappointment came early so I didn't put too much money into this very disappointing game. I was enthusiastic to begin with, Sims 3 had so many problems, and this seemed like a new start. I was disappointed in the two worlds but thought we would get more fairly quickly. Now first expansion is out and it is useless. No new world, hospital and probably police station are nothing but glorified rabbit holes which you can only enter if you are in that career. No apartments, no basements, no story progression (this one really fails considering the EP is perfect for introducing story progression).

Nope, just not gonna sink more money into this at all. I will move on to another game.
  • Legobatman3609Legobatman3609 Posts: 604 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    This summarizes why I won't be buying the EP, and I have a feeling also summarizes why I won't by buying any more EP's or GP's. At least the disappointment came early so I didn't put too much money into this very disappointing game. I was enthusiastic to begin with, Sims 3 had so many problems, and this seemed like a new start. I was disappointed in the two worlds but thought we would get more fairly quickly. Now first expansion is out and it is useless. No new world, hospital and probably police station are nothing but glorified rabbit holes which you can only enter if you are in that career. No apartments, no basements, no story progression (this one really fails considering the EP is perfect for introducing story progression).

Nope, just not gonna sink more money into this at all. I will move on to another game.

Story Progression would be the perfect thing to introduce in this Expansion Pack. Wasted EP IMO.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
    edited March 2015
    No game is perfect. None of the Sims games have ever been perfect but I can say that I'm happier with the Sims 4 than I have been with the previous iterations. Though I know my opinion there is an unpopular one. (I also like DA2 more that DA:O, another unpopular opinion)

And yes, you can make assumptions from the Guru interview by extrapolating what they say to make conclusions about other things. You really can't say much about the game until you've actually played it or at the very least seen videos of play-through. Someone's words that can be twisted or overanalyzed hardly qualifies as gospel. Take the blog post last week where everyone freaked out about the word "apartment" or "cold morning."

If I were one of the Sims Gurus I'd never do an interview because of that. People that sit here and moan and groan about what isn't in the game would drain the fun out the job for me. I'd constantly feel like I was being attacked if I were them or that there wasn't a thing I could do to make you happy.

So it goes. I'm out. I'm gonna go have fun playing Sims 4 instead of reading you guys complaining. Good luck with whatever you decide to do to make yourself happy. Hopefully you find a game that's perfect for you.

They want our opinion. While your playing Sims 4 not complaining about the things you hate, we'll be complaining and making them think about what to change. If you want to play without Story progression, toddlers, and a color wheel be my guest. I won't.

E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    i think you should expect the worse. dont get your expectatives too high. that's what i do to enjoy the game. i dont do comparations, i see it as a new game, not everything has to be the same way they were before. changes are always welcome. ok, we are not getting some things. but see what they are giving us: Open for business, one of the most asked EPs for Sims 3, open hospitals, clothes store, active jobs, bakeries, skills, objects, aliens, a alien dimension. do you all really think they don't hear us? they gave us the pools, ghosts, careers, family tree, why can't they expand how this EP works too? stop seeing the negative side on everything - its only the beginning of this new sims generation, in the end this all could had changed.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    What really bothers me is that I've been a sims 4 fan. I've been one of those people who enjoyed the base game despite it's limitations. I've posted about it's potential and how the EPs will make it great, and for a bit GTW looked to prove that right.

But now seeing the interview I feel used, I stood up for Maxis and had faith that they care and are listening, and they turn around and reveal this mess. It makes me feel like a plum to stand by them only to have them release something so half baked :(
    But I think that that condemning an EP and making assumptions about it before you ever played it is childish.
    We have the base game to judge what they have done so far and all this information that's coming out of what and what's not in the expansion. I would say it would be childish to think all the sudden its going to get better it's just more of the same.

Celiria wrote: »
    What really bothers me is that I've been a sims 4 fan. I've been one of those people who enjoyed the base game despite it's limitations. I've posted about it's potential and how the EPs will make it great, and for a bit GTW looked to prove that right.

But now seeing the interview I feel used, I stood up for Maxis and had faith that they care and are listening, and they turn around and reveal this mess. It makes me feel like a plum to stand by them only to have them release something so half baked :(

I agree 100% with you. I thought Sims 4 was good for what it was (I had never played Sims 3). I stuck up for it in the commnets on youtube, and the trolls on facebook. Half baked is a good way to describe it.

E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So the EPs are just like the base game, a scale back. If the base game was a let down then who wouldn't expect the EPs to be a let down as well?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    So the EPs are just like the base game, a scale back. If the base game was a let down then who wouldn't expect the EPs to be a let down as well?

Silly us. We were fooled D:
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    I strongly agree. Enough is enough and I'm sorry for being harsh but this was a great chance to redeem themselves by listening to the fans. I appreciate the work they put in, but The Sims 4 is already in a deep pit and is practically digging itself in even more. I'm praying that the gurus see this post and help themselves and us.
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Silly us. We were fooled D:

Not your fault, you where promised something good, and you know it wont be like that, they promised a 'better' Sims game with smarter Sims and you didn't get that and its the same thing with the EPs
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I strongly agree. Enough is enough and I'm sorry for being harsh but this was a great chance to redeem themselves by listening to the fans. I appreciate the work they put in, but The Sims 4 is already in a deep pit and is practically digging itself in even more. I'm praying that the gurus see this post and help themselves and us.

Exactly. I wouldn't be too upset if they delay it to May or June to make it better. Just give us a proper EP.

E0iRxce.png

Please EA
    They would never delay they are much more likely to put out a half finished game, oh wait that has already happened.
  • creationsofmoniccreationsofmonic Posts: 122 Member

Exactly. I wouldn't be too upset if they delay it to May or June to make it better. Just give us a proper EP.

I totally agree!!!!
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    They would never delay they are much more likely to put out a half finished game, oh wait that has already happened.

I know, but if they were smart they would delay it to make it a better, more complete Expansion pack. HA!
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I have to ask, is anyone actually surprised that this pack is going to be underdone?

My hopes were so low that I was actually surprised to see they went in depth enough with this to allow our own pregnant sims to give birth at the hospital and that our own sims can catch diseases. Is that enough? Mmm... no, but it's more than I thought they would do.

I'm sure we've all been burned by EA before, I think we should all know by now to not expect the best and to not assume this or that feature will be included because it would only make sense. They are EA, they don't have to make sense. Heck, they can release a life simulator game without toddlers and still call it a life simulator.
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I have to ask, is anyone actually surprised that this pack is going to be underdone?

My hopes were so low that I was actually surprised to see they went in depth enough with this to allow our own pregnant sims to give birth at the hospital and that our own sims can catch diseases. Is that enough? Mmm... no, but it's more than I thought they would do.

I'm sure we've all been burned by EA before, I think we should all know by now to not expect the best and to not assume this or that feature will be included because it would only make sense. They are EA, they don't have to make sense. Heck, they can release a life simulator game without toddlers and still call it a life simulator.

I thought they changed. Now we know that they are a money hungry company, and they can't change.
    E0iRxce.png

Please EA
  • domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    > @Legobatman3609 said:
    > Alysha1988 wrote: »
    >
    > I have to ask, is anyone actually surprised that this pack is going to be underdone?
    >
    > My hopes were so low that I was actually surprised to see they went in depth enough with this to allow our own pregnant sims to give birth at the hospital and that our own sims can catch diseases. Is that enough? Mmm... no, but it's more than I thought they would do.
    >
    > I'm sure we've all been burned by EA before, I think we should all know by now to not expect the best and to not assume this or that feature will be included because it would only make sense. They are EA, they don't have to make sense. Heck, they can release a life simulator game without toddlers and still call it a life simulator.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought they changed. Now we know that they are a money hungry company, and they can't change.

Preach it, Honey! I see why EA was voted the worst company now more than ever. :(
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif