Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge Resource

pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
Hey, fellow Amazonians! I'd love to read your stories and think other enthusiasts would love to follow you, too!

If you have an Amazon Challenge story, please list it here and I'll update this thread to keep it current.

What I love about this challenge is it's such a unique culture that we might not ever do these things to our sims but the storyline lends itself to high drama, and it's really fun. You can do it how you want, of course. Hate to kill your sims? Why not banish them instead? Don't believe in slavery? (I don't either--hey, folks! This isn't reality!!!) Make them paid servants. Possibilities are endless!

Since there are tasks for each sim, I've found such a wonderful structure that I don't have in my regular sims stories. Things get accomplished at a higher rate when each Sim is assigned significant duties. I've played with the rules as others have to make it fit! My slaves do all the menial tasks such as cooking, cleaning, taking care of babies, and they even help my Gatherer with tending the garden when they aren't doing anything. I've never done so well with gardening before!

For the updated rules for this challenge, go here: The Amazon Challenge

Thank you to @lovejess2 for creating this for Sims 4. If you'd like even more rules and ideas for this challenge, please read the original posting on Mod the sims: Amazon Challenge for Sims 3

To make it easier for building your Amazon village, I don't use a mod to expand the amount of sims in my lot. That's too much trouble for me to follow that many around. When I need space, I simply move the older sims out, much like in a Legacy challenge, but I tax them because of loss of salary. I mean, if they didn't leave, my tribe would have made a lot of money as they moved up the chain. So, by the time my tribe reaches at least six generations, I should be filling half of Oasis Springs! (That's my plan, anyway.) This makes it a challenge if I can't hop around, so I do manage the other tribe mates to make sure they are doing okay, but my main focus is on the Creator and her highest ranking tribal sisters and slaves. I do give a slave to all who move out. Yes, this isn't stated in the rules, but I don't want to mess up my game with a mod that increases the numbers of sims on a lot.

STORIES

Here are some wonderful stories! Please note--your story must be regularly updated and/or last at least one month for me to post. :smile: :

Line of the Last
by @WagonFruit

Daughter of the Warrioress by @MrsRacooney

Tribe Wahine -- WINNER of the 2015 EA Spring Story Contest! by @pammiechick

Daughters of Hespera by @lilypadmeulin

NEW:

Tribe Kaspar by @freundhein17

These are older stories that have not been updated for a while, but some went for several generations:

Tribe Blessing Moon by @roseinblack69

Kamio's Amazon Challenge

The Bergstrom Tribe

The North Tribe

Rise of the Valkyrior by @bloodredsister

Tribe Naheli by @Marialein

Tribe Arayeo by @Julyvee94

For those of you who'd like to download my Amazon Temple, please click the advanced tab and click custom content. There, you will be able to see my Amazon characters and lots. Custom content can be found at the Sims Resource I find if I search tribal, there are some really cool items that go well with this theme. I use all Hawaiian themed as well as ski lodge items. Luau Outdoor furniture is wonderful!

Screenshot_371.jpg

The Amazon Temple is large, so it will replace the park. There can be no fishing there, so be aware. It's a great place to put a cemetery that your sims can visit.

Just hit the gallery in game and search my name: pammiechick or click custom content and search #amazonchallenge Other's have uploaded their items/sims there, too!

I'd love it if we all shared. If you have cool slaves, please use #amazonchallenge to upload your sims, lots, rooms. It'd be great if we had an Amazon Community!

SLAVES:

I've used many a heart throb slave and once they're dead, well, I feel it's only right to share. Here are some fan favorites:

My first slave--Akamu

kahgnd.jpg

Here's the link to the gallery: Chris Slave

My next slave was a bad boy--Bane (But he's handsome!)

Screenshot_186.jpg

Bane on Gallery

A new favorite--this slave is a MASTER in most skills! Worth every broken heart your Amazons may suffer at his hands:

Screenshot_386_1.jpg

Mano on Gallery

And then there's Haipo...oh the fans flutter just at the mention of his name! He is on the gallery but you must go to my uploads at pammiechick and you must hit the cc button on the left side in the advanced section. There he will be! He has cc hair, but you can fix that! ;)

Screenshot_62_1.jpg
iTvMKZ8.jpg
Post edited by pammiechick on

Comments

• MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I've only just noticed this! What an awesome idea @pammiechick :star:

You really hit the nail on the head with your comments about this challenge. It pushes the boundaries, and for me at least, it's encouraged me to play in a new way and try new things. Like you, I'd never done gardening so well! Now I know it like the back of my hand. Handiness was another one I never bothered with, but now that I have a level ten DIY expert the tribe has never functioned so well! They have the best working showers, toilets, sinks, fridges, cookers... It's bliss!

This challenge really opens up a whole new emotional level for the game. I feel more connected to my Sims, and the rules make it much more dramatic. Oh, and I break the rules constantly (not always intentionally!), which adds even more drama! :joy:

I honestly love this challenge for the way it's opened up my eyes to new things in TS4. I can't wait to read more stories and see more creations from everyone else's amazon challenges! Let's spread the #AmazonLove <3
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited March 2015
    There is a new Amazon story up!

The Bergstrom Tribe
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    And yet another exciting new story!

Tribe Isi
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    This makes me so happy :blush: The more amazon stories the better, in my book!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think would change in the Amazon Temple if downloaded with no CC?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    edited March 2015
    Um...not much. The dorm area has practically no cc. The living room furniture is part of the shakey set, but you can always add your own touches. You should at least download the Hawaiian outdoor furniture on the sims resource if you want it to look cool.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Ok, I might try downloading it. I'm a bit of a CC virgin, but I think it should be ok.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    edited April 2015
    And another new tribe is starting soon!

Kumba Amazonian Tribe
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Oooooooh! I love this! I'll link you my story if you can add it! I'm super keen for an amazon community :smiley:

Fantastic!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Sorry I didn't add you!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited April 2015
    A wonderful new Amazon Story!!!

Kamio's Amazon Challenge
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Here another Amazon story by @amberthezombie ! Enjoy!

Sims 4 Amazon Challenge
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Do you think you could add mine to the list? I just started so there's not much there, but I'm updating at least every other day.
  • ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    I would like it if you could add mine but no pressure. I try to update every day
    edited August 2015
    I will add yours now, but my policy from here on out is you have to update for over a month before I list. I don't want to list "dead" stories. Writing stories is time consuming and lots of people are good at starting but they often stop after a few chapters.

I hope you keep going! It's fun to see all these stories! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2015
    I've updated with the most popular slaves as well! If you all want to share, feel free! (I personally WANT WANT Lusio...)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited August 2015
    What a great idea :) Thanks for listing me
    I love to read all the awesome Amazon stories ^^ I have all my slaves and tribewomen on the gallery under #Tribearayeo (with cc) I might share some pictures of a few of them later :)
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
    Ok thx @pammiechick I will keep updating unless I get really busy with something else (witch i'm not planning to do)
    edited August 2015
    @Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I love to read all the awesome Amazon stories ^^ I have all my slaves and tribewomen on the gallery under #Tribrarayeo (with cc) I might share some pictures of a few of them later :)

Ohh...I'm going to have to check!!! Exciting! I need new slaves soon. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I love to read all the awesome Amazon stories ^^ I have all my slaves and tribewomen on the gallery under #Tribrarayeo (with cc) I might share some pictures of a few of them later :)

Ohh...I'm going to have to check!!! Exciting! I need new slaves soon. ;)

Oh derp me. Of course its #TribeArayeo and not #Tribrarayeo ^^ just edited my orignial post
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    XD what you say about only making the first few chapters and then stopping....true. I am not going to stop my amazon challenge but other stories i have written on other websites have only 5 chapters or so.
    @pammiechick I will have to delay my amazon story for a week or two. :/ I hope I can continue soon
    Elesmera wrote: »
    @pammiechick I will have to delay my amazon story for a week or two. :/ I hope I can continue soon

Okay...looking forward to your updates! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Unexpectedly I have more time I will be updating tonight :smiley: