Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I broke down and bought it.

I own everything else and I bought it mainly to complete my collection, not because I'm a fan of the theme. But some of the items look like they'd be useful if they were recolored. What are your favorite items (recolored or not)?

Comments

• ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I like Sims that are a bit "out of the ordinary," so I do like this stuff pack. I don't have the problem that others have, where a lot of the townies show up dressed in stuff from this pack.

I like the clothes with a big piece of candy stuck on it.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I liked the candy bicycles.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    My husband bought it for me when he found it for $9, otherwise I wouldn't even have it. My favorite item is actually some curtains because they happen to fit in a lot of houses I've built. I use a few of the dresses recolored and the parks if I'm living in the Utopian future.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • DougTroutenDougTrouten Posts: 38 Member
    Same here, I broke down and bought the Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack after saying I wouldn't. Found it brand new (at least the product description said new still sealed) online at Amazon for $10 and it was the only stuff pack I didn't have (have all the Expansions, other Stuff packs and Worlds already), otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

I doubt there will be much from it I will use, other then maybe the Bin Bites Be Free, XL-ent Crystal Vase and Yumly Glass Vase, which I will put my Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, behind the counters or in the kitchen area, and the Ice Cream Blast arcade game machine which I will put in my Recency Arcade (and other arcade builds).

Now for the dreaded wait for the disc to arrive here from the seller.
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    I really like the kid's bed in this sp.
    Other than that I'm not getting it. It's simply not worth it, to me.
    I have all other SPs and EPs except for this, and I don't plan to have it at all.
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    So you could still buy it ? I only get overpriced copies of it and i won't buy it unless i get it under 20 Euro.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had Sweet Treats for a long time and use some of the items on festival lots I build because the things look great for festivals and some of the clothing is great for custumes on Spooky Night or for showtime careers when I get Showtime.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • DougTroutenDougTrouten Posts: 38 Member
    Now that my Sims are home from their World Adventures to China, France and Egypt I have played around with the items from this Stuff Pack. I am finding that the items are more usable then I though with a little recoloring, the Cotton Candy "trees" with a recoloring to green or even a reddish brown look better and more like it might be an actual trimmed tree, while the ice cream cone chandelier and the banana split couch can be used as in a bakery/ice cream shop build. after going over the content of this Stuff Pack I am finding that my initial fears of it being full of Katy Perry branded items it isn't and the items that do say or have Katy Perry on them are clothing, with only one of the dresses in my opinion not really being usable (the Katy Perry Record Dress), granted some of the outfits are more fitting for performers to wear while performing then every day wear.

There are two "evening" dresses that I think are perfect for my female sim to wear as formal wear, the candy cane stripped dress (how it is done the dress with the stripes looks very tasteful and a female friend of mine said she would love a dress like it in real life) and the solid color "glittery" dress. They Katy Perry T-Shirt is another clothing item I am finding that I think looks good on my female sims, even with me not being a fan of Katy Perry.

I am planning on taking the Cake Pleasure Dome venue and doing some remodeling to turn it into a waterfront restaurant or night club (showtime venue) and then another remodel to turn it into a nautical themed store (the cake and candles will be modified to look like a light house) using the Savvy Seller set.

On a side note, the copy I bought as I previously mentioned was $10US on Amazon, the image for the seller showed the US version (though they also have another listing showing the UK/European version also for $10US), now the copy I received was for the UK/European market and not the US, when I discovered this I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to use it. Instead of trying to install the SP from the disc, I decided to see if the code would be accepted in Origin even though I am not in the European Region, but the USA. The code worked and I was able to easily download the SP and install it. Ultimately I finding that i am glad I broke down and bought this SP since I am finding I have more use for the items then I initially though I would.