Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    > @illusie said:
    > @CommaSplice, we noticed earlier that the thread for house 3 has gone missing for no apparent reason. There is no new thread, but you can still find the rules on vihisha's blog.
    >
    > I found the answer to your question in this thread. Yes we are allowed to sell from the inventories of non-controllable sims.

This is great! Thank you! One more question. Can I have my controllable sim influence the heir (and sibs) to do stuff?
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @CommaSplice Yes you may influence them. You just can't control them directly. Have fun!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @mojot89, Congrats on the twins!!!
    Hailey is so cute!
    I had to laugh at Kellen's face when the baby was crying. Great picture!
    mojot89 wrote: »
    He is quite the expressionist lol!

haha, yes he is
    @mojot89 , You are doing great!!
    Congrats on making it to the Grotto! I think the Grotto is so beautiful.
    All the kids look so adorable! Especially the twins!
    @Piazzagirl1015, I've already added a dog to my family in house 12. I wanted a puppy! But I'm not sure if that was such a good idea...1 controllable sim who has to take care of 3 toddlers (yes, my sim got triplets!) and a puppy. The husband isn't much help lol

I'm pretty sure it is allowed, because you can't control a pet and I don't think it gives you an advantage in this challenge to own a pet.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hey guys! I thought y'all might find this informative as far as just how having pets in mostly autonomous households will affect us. I spent about 12 hours with a few families running almost completely autonomous other than testing out what children can do for another challenge. Hope it helps!

Cats & Dogs: A Study in Autonomy

11-16-17_10-28-17c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
    @Rainydayz179, Interesting article! Thanks for sharing this!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Hey folks..I've been busy...so I haven't had a chance 2 post here! Rules will b updated in the near future w/locations etc. 4 Cats & Dogs. U r able 2 adopt as many as u like...just keep an eye on the Sim count (u need 2 have enough space 4 producing The Heir or any other requirements as house rules state)

**Remember** Once a Sim moves in they cannot move out....& no Sims (this includes cats & dogs) can b moved out!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    UPDATES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING

:star: GAME SET UP :star:
    Brindleton Bay - Cats And Dogs Expansion Pack
    -Residential and Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from the Gallery
    - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)

:star: WHERE YOU CAN TRAVEL :star:
    *Brindleton Bay
    -The Vet Clinic Community Lot and its surrounding areas - No funds needed if the traveling Household Sim owns property there
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend or that they host

*Miscellaneous Locations
    -Revisiting The Final Resting Place of any Sims who have passed away (and are now ghosts) - No funds needed to go strengthen ties

:star: SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED :star:
    *Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household (this includes any Cats or Dogs)
    Exceptions to this rule:
    -If a Cat in the Active Household has Kittens - The Kittens may be placed up for adoption
    -If a Dog in the Active Household has Puppies - The Puppies may be placed up for adoption

:star: ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD :star:
    *All Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction
    -Does not include the following:
    - - -Kittens produced within the Active Household
    - - -Puppies produced within the Active Household

:star: A LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT :star:
    *You may Purchase and Manage the Vet Clinic in Brindleton Bay
    -Purchase on Main Sim only
    -Any non playable Active Household members hired cannot be controlled at the workplace

***The above updates will be added to all house rules and the appropriate Lots that unlock will also be added to the corresponding House rules! This is quite time consuming as I am updating in two locations and I can't just copy/paste to update them, so please b patient as they get added...just know that they will all basically be following the above rule changes!***
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha, it's great that we can add pets. That will add to the fun :)
    @illusie I think the pets will b a great addition 2 The Drifter Challenge! They make everything better LOL
    @Rawla U betcha!

Quick wording change I made 2 the changes as the adoption feature doesn't work as I thought it would

:star: SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED :star:

*Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household (this includes any Cats or Dogs)
    Exceptions to this rule:
    -If a Cat in the Active Household has Kittens - The Kittens may be sold
    -If a Dog in the Active Household has Puppies - The Puppies may be sold
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited November 2017
    @Vihisha, yes they do add more fun. My drifter family in house 12 has got a dog. I think with the next generation I might try a cat.
    Your change to the rules sounds good.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Vihisha Thank you so much for updating the rules but I do have one more question for you. The Golden Bars you get from the golden poop disease can be sold for $6,006. This has not happened to me yet as I haven't had time to play due to a civil service test I am taking but I seen it happen in the live stream. For myself I already made a rule to delete the funds if this happened but I was wondering your views on this.
    @Vihisha Thank you so much for updating the rules but I do have one more question for you. The Golden Bars you get from the golden poop disease can be sold for $6,006. This has not happened to me yet as I haven't had time to play due to a civil service test I am taking but I seen it happen in the live stream. For myself I already made a rule to delete the funds if this happened but I was wondering your views on this.

I've not heard anything about this...do u have a link 2 more info...or can u elaborate on how this is gained...if this disease 100% random or can it b triggered...that type of thing! Seems like a hefty pay out!! Is it a 1-time gold bar?!
    Once I learn more about this...I'll b able 2 "make a ruling" & adjust rules if need b! THX in advance!!
    No real rush either...your RL & test is WAY more important!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha The only thing I seen it on is the live stream before the game was released. There are a couple of illnesses that the dogs (I think cats too but not sure) have golden poop as a symptom (I still cannot believe they added this in) Dogs and cats are supposed to get ill every few days although this has not happened in my game yet but I haven't played much. The diseases which I believe there are around 20 different types are random and each have different symptoms. When I watched the live stream they wanted to show this symptom so they used a cheat to give the dog a disease with that symptom so there is indeed a cheat for that. The gold bars are random and the sim gurus were actually surprised that they did get it on the live stream so the symptom can be cheated but not the gold bar itself. Regular gold poop doesn't sell that high but gold bars do sell for good money which there is a reason for that selling price on the poop, turn 6006 upside down and it spells poop.

Test was taken last Saturday so I stayed away from the game to study and tonight I go back to my game. I'm giving myself the holiday week off before looking for jobs again.
    @Vihisha The only thing I seen it on is the live stream before the game was released. There are a couple of illnesses that the dogs (I think cats too but not sure) have golden poop as a symptom (I still cannot believe they added this in) Dogs and cats are supposed to get ill every few days although this has not happened in my game yet but I haven't played much. The diseases which I believe there are around 20 different types are random and each have different symptoms. When I watched the live stream they wanted to show this symptom so they used a cheat to give the dog a disease with that symptom so there is indeed a cheat for that. The gold bars are random and the sim gurus were actually surprised that they did get it on the live stream so the symptom can be cheated but not the gold bar itself. Regular gold poop doesn't sell that high but gold bars do sell for good money which there is a reason for that selling price on the poop, turn 6006 upside down and it spells poop.

Test was taken last Saturday so I stayed away from the game to study and tonight I go back to my game. I'm giving myself the holiday week off before looking for jobs again.

Yup. I saw this too. Its as they say, the gurus were surprised that this illness produced at gold poop because it was very rare.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I've not heard anything about this...do u have a link 2 more info...or can u elaborate on how this is gained...if this disease 100% random or can it b triggered...that type of thing! Seems like a hefty pay out!! Is it a 1-time gold bar?!
    Once I learn more about this...I'll b able 2 "make a ruling" & adjust rules if need b! THX in advance!!
    No real rush either...your RL & test is WAY more important!

I'm not sure about the illness but there's a poop randomizer treat that you can purchase at the vet clinic that has a random chance of resulting in gold bars. I've seen people on Twitter reporting finding golden poo on the beach as well. :D
    I seen some of those treats on the live stream that would age your pet up and down but they mentioned there were other types also. They can be crafted or purchased from a vending machine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top