March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
The Drifter Challenge....is here!!!

Background on the challenge...

I have been developing this challenge for the past few months.....many hours of game play as well as play testers have gotten it ready for launch!! I stumbled upon the idea for this when the novelty of having a new game wore off and I started pining for more content....but a trip back to earlier versions of the game left me unsatisfied. I had browsed other Sims4 challenges, & many of them sounded fun....but none had exactly what I was looking for. I originally set up a challenge for myself to just spice up the game and experience as much of Sims4 that I could....from gaining skills, career advancing and building houses and community lots. I was so excited about the challenge I was making for myself and shared it with my husband. He's never been much into my Simming addiction...but this whole idea got his wheels turning and we started brainstorming ideas. One thing led to another and before long he had his own copy of the Sims4 just so he could try the challenge as well. The idea continued to snowball when I told a couple friends what I was up to. Now, I feel pretty confident that I have a good challenge to unleash on the Sim Community!
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited February 2017
    So what is the Drifter Challenge exactly?!

Is it a building challenge?! Kind of...

Is it a legacy challenge?! Kind of...

Is it a short or long challenge?! Well..it could be either!

It's a series of 24 house mini-challenges within a main whole challenge itself!

Rebuild Willow Creek & Oasis Springs from the ground up! Follow your Sims through the generations as u progress from house to house! Complete goals along the way! Use it as a stand alone challenge or a way to enhance your already established game saves!

Whether u choose to play the entire Drifter Challenge from House 001 through the end which will be House 024 or choose to play a house mini-challenge to just enhance your game play....The Drifter Challenge is sure to entertain u for hours to come!

But don't just take MY word for it! B)
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2016
    I am setting up this page as more or less a Table of Contents for all the chapters that will be added. This challenge is set up to be played as a whole, but the beauty of having all the mini-challenges along the way, allows you, the player to pick and choose the house challenges that you would like to attempt if having an ever built upon challenge is too overwhelming or if you are just seeking a quicker challenge.

I will be adding written rules as well as YouTube Let's Play videos which you can access via
    my blog: http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/
    or
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A
    as well as links here on the forums as the mini-challenges are released!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    The Drifter Challenge House 001 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House 002 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House003 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House004 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House005 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House006 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House007 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House008 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House009 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House010 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House011 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House012 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House013 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House014 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House015 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House016 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House017 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House018 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House019 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House020 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House021 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House022 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House023 Rules

The Drifter Challenge House024 Rules
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2016
    NEW PLANS!!

House 024 of The Drifter Challenge, which will launch in February 2017, will b the last & final house mini-challenge launched!

The Drifter Challenge will b getting a much needed makeover of its rules..keep your eyes peeled!

Thank-u so much 2 all those Drifters who have supported myself & your fellow Drifter Family <3
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,087 Member
    Sounds very fun!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Ooh, I like the sound of this!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    Thanks Vih! This sounds like fun, can't wait to hear more and possibly try this out for myself! Bookmarked!
  • SimsLegendSontiaSimsLegendSontia Posts: 70 Member
    > @Vihisha said:
    > The Drifter Challenge....coming soon...
    >
    > So for now...here's the background on the challenge
    >
    > I have been developing this challenge for the past few months.....many hours of game play as well as play testers have gotten it ready for launch!! I stumbled upon the idea for this when the novelty of having a new game wore off and I started pining for more content....but a trip back to earlier versions of the game left me unsatisfied. I had browsed other Sims4 challenges, & many of them sounded fun....but none had exactly what I was looking for. I originally set up a challenge for myself to just spice up the game and experience as much of Sims4 that I could....from gaining skills, career advancing and building houses and community lots. I was so excited about the challenge I was making for myself and shared it with my husband. He's never been much into my Simming addiction...but this whole idea got his wheels turning and we started brainstorming ideas. One thing led to another and before long he had his own copy of the Sims4 just so he could try the challenge as well. The idea continued to snowball when I told a couple friends what I was up to. Now, I feel pretty confident that I have a good challenge to unleash on the Sim Community!

I think that sounds amazing Vihisha ! I can't to fnd out more, where do I go to read the challenge rules, guidelines etc. I'm totally curious!
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
    I think that sounds amazing Vihisha ! I can't to fnd out more, where do I go to read the challenge rules, guidelines etc. I'm totally curious!
    I sure do hope that u stay tuned!! I plan on adding rules & the 1st house mini-challenge this coming week =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    THE DRIFTER CHALLENGE IS HERE!! I'm so excited 2 share it w/all of u =)

Here is a link 4 the rules
    House 001 Rules
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've actually been doing this challenge and I have to say it's a lot of fun! You, Less, Danish Simmer, Simply Simming and SimTastic have Let's Plays on You Tube that I'm following. It's interesting to see how differently each person approaches the challenge.

So far my heir is a teen (about 10 more days to young adult) and the lot is already worth slightly over $30,000 - so unless someone dies, I should be able to accomplish this first installment.

I'm really looking forward to the next part. I love the idea of this challenge! Kudos to you and your husband!

(I've uploaded the current version of the lot to my page in the gallery. I'll upload the final House 001 once the heir is a YA. You can actually build a pretty nice house with $30,000! I'll also upload the family once I'm done.)
    Post edited by Ophylleni on
    Ophylleni wrote: »
    I've actually been doing this challenge and I have to say it's a lot of fun! You, Less, Danish Simmer, and SimTastic have Let's Plays on You Tube that I'm following. It's interesting to see how differently each person approaches the challenge.

So far my heir is a teen (about 10 more days to young adult) and the lot is already worth slightly over $30,000 - so unless someone dies, I should be able to accomplish this first installment.

I'm really looking forward to the next part. I love the idea of this challenge! Kudos to you and your husband!

(I've uploaded the current version of the lot to my page in the gallery. I'll upload the final House 001 once the heir is a YA. You can actually build a pretty nice house with $30,000! I'll also upload the family once I'm done.)

WONDERFUL!! Glad 2 hear you've had fun so far! It IS rather neat watching all the Let's Plays...we all have a different take on the challenge....I love watching & hearing about everyone's experiences.
    Ooooh you're almost finished w/this house mini-challenge...GRATZ 2 u!!
    U won't have long 2 wait until house 002 is launched....just remember if u plan on continuing you'll wanna' stop game play when your heir ages. Then make a separate game file 4 when u start the new house mini-challenge =)
    THX so much 4 playing along @Ophylleni =)
    I will look @ your gallery page...same ID?! Can't wait 2 c!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Same ID is correct. And I'm going to take your suggestion and make 2 saves once she reaches the YA stage. Just in case things don't work out! I generally save at the end of each day and I keep the last 7 day's worth of saves before I start overwriting files. I've already had to redo one day because of a corrupt file.

I'll post again when I reach the end of this mini challenge.
    Perfect..I'll look ya up =) Did u tag the house #DrifterChallenge ?
    Yeah...multiple saves r always a good idea...especially w/a challenge if this length heh
    Yes, please do...I'd love 2 hear what your ending "stats" were =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    I've actually been doing this challenge and I have to say it's a lot of fun! You, Less, Danish Simmer, and SimTastic have Let's Plays on You Tube that I'm following. It's interesting to see how differently each person approaches the challenge.

Hi! :)
    Just wanted to say hey and thanks for following our let's plays. I'm so glad you're enjoying the challenge. When I was doing playtesting I almost overwhelmed @Vihisha with a lot of episodes because I was too excited to play. Once I think I uploaded 6 or 8 parts in one day. Oops!! :D
    I'll look forward to your update on your own gameplay :)
    [
    Ha ha @Christi83 I remember that very well! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I'll be sure to use the #DrifterChallenge tag when I post the final information and I'll probably post it in the other thread you started when you posted the rules for House 001 since this relates to that mini challenge.
    I'll be sure to use the #DrifterChallenge tag when I post the final information and I'll probably post it in the other thread you started when you posted the rules for House 001 since this relates to that mini challenge.

Yes please! (pertaining 2 all u just posted heh)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hiya Vih!! *waves* :# Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have started this little challenge. It's hard not being able to use cheat cheats..... you know - like giving our sim money!! lol But so far I have been able to buy her a toilet, she had found a lemon (which has now been consumed), and everything she has found either by digging or catching, has been turned in for cash! Right now my sim has $363 simoleons.

But I do have a quick question for you .... You said that we can change out their WHOLE traits?? Cos that's what I did with my sim. Her main aspiration is the curator. That's the one that has the collecting with it -- I think. Any way, she got that without any real problems already!! Umm, I was going to ask you how can we show you any progress to our games? The only way I can do video is only through the game. I don't have an "outside" program. Even though I *have* a YouTube channel, I would have to futz with however TS4 is set up to do video in order to show you anything. (kind of understand what i mean?)

Anyway.... this is challenging for me! I don't usually play without having oodles of money so I can buy stuff. LOL!! But I am giving your game a well deserved try. :#
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 I am so excited that u r giving The Drifter Challenge a try. 4 those who like 2 use cheats a lot..YES...it's really hard not 2 give your Sim money...u have 2 watch then hack it out hee hee Sounds like you're making some progress so far.

U can choose any traits 4 your Sim...& u can choose any of the aspirations.....u can do them or not....it's completely up 2 how u wanna' play this house. Gratz on completing an aspiration already...that's awesome!

I use OBS program 4 my in-game video capture & my husband has an edit program that we edit & then upload 2 YouTube. Some people have been just taking screenshots & sharing on blog sites etc. I'm not the best person 2 consult as far as any technical stuff goes 4 recording. I'd love 2 hear/see how u progress...so u can always just leave me a message here on 1 of these threads or on my wall?!

Good Luck 2 u on your journey of The Drifter Challenge =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks Vih!! :# BTW - I love the hair you have on your sim. Is that a CC hair? If yes, by whom??
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    U betcha!

It's a hairstyle by Cazy (1 of my favorites) found on TSR...here's a link 4 ya =)
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/sorrow-hairstyle--sims-4/id/1271810/
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Oh, I love Cazy's hair!! Thanks for the link. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Same ID is correct. And I'm going to take your suggestion and make 2 saves once she reaches the YA stage. Just in case things don't work out! I generally save at the end of each day and I keep the last 7 day's worth of saves before I start overwriting files. I've already had to redo one day because of a corrupt file.

I'll post again when I reach the end of this mini challenge.

Hi! Since you're probably already at the House 002 stage, can I ask you how are we supposed to make 2 saves?? Did you use the "Save" or "Save As" option? And what - if I may also ask - are we supposed to name them?

Right now, I'm still working on the first mini challenge. I have a potential sim I would like my sim to mate with.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top