Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shiny Sims Texture Bug

I've been having an issue with my Mac OS X Sims 4 game in which my Sims will take on the look of Robert Patrick's Terminator from Terminator 2. Originally, I thought it had to do with some CC I installed, but after taking off all of the CC and restarting the game repeatedly, it still appears. Thus far, it's only appeared on female Sims. It appears and disappears at random. Sometimes it appears in the game even though it doesn't appear in CAS mode. Other times, I see it in the bottom left corner but not in the Sim I'm controlling and vice versa.

I can provide images upon request.

Computer stats:

Mac Pro Early 2009
OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
Processor 2.66 GHz Quad
Memory 10 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello.
    You may like to move your thread into the Mac discussions threads part of the forums? There will be helpful people there to help you with your game issues.
    You can do that by pressing the edit button on the top right hand of your post, then up the top of your post you can change the category where your thread is located.
    The Mac forums link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    I have the same issue from time to time, but only with CC. Sometimes, when I remove the item from the sim in CAS and then place it back again, the shiny effect disappears. Sometimes I have to change to a nonCC item for the fix. Very finicky.
  • x_magfishx_magfish Posts: 5 New Member
    May also be having this issue. It actually happened to my baby basinette things. They were like red and black and silver and shiny and SO weird. Luckily my kids aged up so I deleted them. So strange though. When I clicked on them to do an action they changed back to the normal yellow colour, then I clicked off and it went all futuristic again. Huh.
  • yelly201yelly201 Posts: 79 Member
    @lilmiszcee this is the issue you're having with shiny sims, right?

3kNtM0u.png
  • lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    Yup that's it!
  • xLeftOnTheLineXxLeftOnTheLineX Posts: 72 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue! It's frustrating.
    Yeah and the update didn't help either.
  • AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Alpha Riff wrote: »
    I've been having an issue with my Mac OS X Sims 4 game in which my Sims will take on the look of Robert Patrick's Terminator from Terminator 2. Originally, I thought it had to do with some CC I installed, but after taking off all of the CC and restarting the game repeatedly, it still appears. Thus far, it's only appeared on female Sims. It appears and disappears at random. Sometimes it appears in the game even though it doesn't appear in CAS mode. Other times, I see it in the bottom left corner but not in the Sim I'm controlling and vice versa.

I can provide images upon request.

Computer stats:

Mac Pro Early 2009
    OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
    Processor 2.66 GHz Quad
    Memory 10 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
    lilmiszcee wrote: »
    Yup that's it!
    I'm having the exact same issue! It's frustrating.

May I just add that this is also happening to me?
    tumblr_nlc086V6g21uq5keuo1_400.png
    tumblr_nlc086V6g21uq5keuo2_400.png
    I must admit, my finished Sims have never turned out like this IN GAME apart from 5 minutes ago (these photo's were literally just taken) but the glossy looking shine has appeared sometimes but like Yelly201 said, only with CC!

But hmm, maybe it'll look better next time...
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • melbellex3melbellex3 Posts: 4 New Member
    Just bought the Sims 4 and was really excited to start downloading custom content and I'm having this same issue ='(
    Yeah this is still an ongoing problem for me. It's really bumming me out D:
    @merinda27 This is the problem you're having, yes?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2015
    A lot of older CC is no longer compatible with the game. You can wait for the creator to update it, or just find alternative CC. (Also, you can expect this to be a normal thing: a game patch will often add new skin tones/textures, hair, etc., and change code a CC creator was accessing.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising Well that can't be the problem because I've tried new recent CC and it does the same thing.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    lilmiszcee wrote: »
    @luthienrising Well that can't be the problem because I've tried new recent CC and it does the same thing.

How new? The problem is only a little more than a week old; your CC would have to have been created and tested in the last week, basically, to be sure it's not caused by this. Have you tried pulling CC out to see if that fixes the issue? It's really the only way to test.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I already know it's caused by CC because it only happens if I use the CC. If it's still in the game and I don't use it then my sims are fine. I took it out anyway because I obviously have no use for it. But I do have some CC still that are weeks old and work fine. And the other CC that is causing problems works fine for others. I've already done a lot of research on this lol. Still no answers. @luthienrising
  • merinda27merinda27 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yep, same issue for me @lilmiszcee. Only happens with certain CC. Driving me nutty trying to work out what content I can use and what I can't. Hope there's a fix soon.
    @merina27 Yeah the hair doesn't seem to be a problem. Everything else though! I found like one shirt that works lol. I'm thankful for the hair though ! :D
  • SibelSibel Posts: 1 New Member
    I still have this problem :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Sibel wrote: »
    I still have this problem :(

Hello @Sibel. Have your tried removing your mods/cc that you have and seeing if that helps? If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder in batches and testing to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • melargmelarg Posts: 2 New Member
    The worst! I HATTE this glitch. Expecially when i just spent the whole night downloading so much content. It comes and goes but such a pain. It makes the sims so ugly. I played with my new content lastnight and it was all good. Now today glitching -_- stupidd shiny crap :s
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    This is a known issue with OS X and certain CC:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13322755/#Comment_13322755

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816877/why-is-my-sim-glowing/p1

You can uninstall and reinstall all you like but it won't fix the issue. Either play without the CC, if you can work out what CC is causing it, and/or let the creator know.

I would love to know if this is affecting Windows users too?
    apple-signature.png
  • mabby130mabby130 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ive been having the exact same problem :( not only in live mode but in CAS also. If anyone knows of any good places to find cc jeans PLEASE tell me D: all of my cc jeans are glutting with this.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    mabby130 wrote: »
    Ive been having the exact same problem :( not only in live mode but in CAS also. If anyone knows of any good places to find cc jeans PLEASE tell me D: all of my cc jeans are glutting with this.

Try these from Tumblr. https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sims-4-jeans
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • velvetufovelvetufo Posts: 2 New Member
    I've noticed that I only experience this issue when my in-game lighting settings are set to medium or higher. I have an older model MacBook, so I usually play with lighting on low, but I turn the settings up when I'm taking screenshots. It may not be the best fix if you really enjoy playing with higher settings, but I've never experienced the shine issue with my lighting on low. Hopefully that helps some of you
  • MimiFlorenceMimiFlorence Posts: 1 New Member
    I have solved the issue for me! So it does depend on the Graphics of the game. Go onto the Game Options and then change all the graphics tabs to Low with both 3D resolution and view distance on HIGH, then restart the game. IF only the person in the bottom left icon appears all shiny then just patiently wait until it disappears. For me, it was my sim going to bed and waking up and it just vanished! Plus with having a lot of custom content (guilty) its important to have the graphics on low because it doesnt freeze or lag your computer, it makes you completely fine to play. Hope this has helped any others with this problem! If you have any more problems let me know! Ive dealt with them all on my laptop because im a sucker for custom content! haha