Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I hope I can download it tonight. I may or may not be taking my computer with me to a friends to play Ori and the Blind Forest. So that'll put a crimp in my DL time (since I have to upload bids too. Lol). But I'll get it at some point tonight anyway.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yey! Finally.

Small at the outside...

Gj5hPhh.jpg

...but bigger inside!

nb5z0XT.jpg

Since he just regenerated, there is much needed redecorating inside the TARDIS.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I just watched the first of your time lord challenge videos. I can't wait to see your sims play in all those lots! I'm doing historical videos myself and I hope the Timelord challenge will inspire a ton of historical themed building. > @Spacey72659 said:
    > I hope I can download it tonight. I may or may not be taking my computer with me to a friends to play Ori and the Blind Forest. So that'll put a crimp in my DL time (since I have to upload bids too. Lol). But I'll get it at some point tonight anyway.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @nastyjman! That looks amazing!!! :dizzy:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Megg87 wrote: »
    @nastyjman! That looks amazing!!! :dizzy:

Actually, that one was me being impatient...

Here's some more work done to it.

nPCUH5j.png

I looooooooooooooooooove basements.
  • nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    I see my hard earned simoleons are all going to be gone when I play today.
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Basements already? My First Clockmaker has work to do; she could barely afford her T.A.H.D.I.S.!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    I see my hard earned simoleons are all going to be gone when I play today.

But it's worth it! :smiley:
    Basements already? My First Clockmaker has work to do; she could barely afford her T.A.H.D.I.S.!

I envy you because you get to start with basements available and to progress thereafter!
    I'm keeping the rules on the TAHDIS. At first, I was thinking of restricting everything to basements, which meant no above ground building. But that may turn-off some players who like above ground homes. The lore still stands that the TARDIS got destroyed but is reincarnated as the TAHDIS, which explains the rooms expanding and contracting on a whim.

For roleplayers, this could give you options to control your narrative. You can have your Time Lord repair their TARDIS (which happened with mine) or they could settle in the Sim Universe, owning a humble home or a mega mansion. Or they could have a TARDIS and a mansion.

So the rules currently could be final and official. I still need to finish mine (on my 9th Optimist now) before I could put the official stamp on it.
    nastyjman wrote: »

I envy you because you get to start with basements available and to progress thereafter!

I actually didn't, I had just finished my TAHDIS when basements were announced.

Anyway, Part 1 of the Nerd Brain Aspiration is done, and even though the Aspiration is not even close to complete, I already have plans. I'm going to do the Fortune and the other Knowledge Aspirations last, since they take a while to do and 8 lifetimes is more than a while. Although, the Egg collection that's around this Easter seems like it would make things easier.
    HmypxT0.png

Anyway, Part 1 of the Nerd Brain Aspiration is done, and even though the Aspiration is not even close to complete, I already have plans. I'm going to do the Fortune and the other Knowledge Aspirations last, since they take a while to do and 8 lifetimes is more than a while. Although, the Egg collection that's around this Easter seems like it would make things easier.

The Fabulously Wealthy finished instantly for me since I had a lot of simoleons stocked up. Right now, I'm doing the Mansion Baron, and I'm short by 100k simoleons. :neutral: My Time Lord is painting like there's no tomorrow... well, relatively speaking, there is no tomorrow since time is irrelevant for a Time Lord.

The Fabulously Wealthy finished instantly for me since I had a lot of simoleons stocked up. Right now, I'm doing the Mansion Baron, and I'm short by 100k simoleons. :neutral: My Time Lord is painting like there's no tomorrow... well, relatively speaking, there is no tomorrow since time is irrelevant for a Time Lord.

Yeah, I'm doing it later because I'll be rich by then.
    HmypxT0.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have been reading about this challenge and wrote some of the rules down, I really like the sound of it. I am going to start as soon as I can get a Alien, I want to use an Alien for this challenge. I put a name in the generator and came up with kind of a odd name. Really sounds great with an Alien, if it is ok, I will go with the name it gave me. it will be First Nemesis. Hope this is ok, I put a sims name in and this is what it came up with. I do like it. can't wait to get started. Only 3/4 more days. I do wish I could see more pictures and more stories.
    Is everyone still working on this challenge and still liking it.
    I guess I will have to restudy the regeneration thing, Is it that after you change your Time Lords looks and name, then go back to the game, does he now start at the beginning of the Adult stage.
    edited March 2015
    Evalen wrote: »
    I have been reading about this challenge and wrote some of the rules down, I really like the sound of it. I am going to start as soon as I can get a Alien, I want to use an Alien for this challenge. I put a name in the generator and came up with kind of a odd name. Really sounds great with an Alien, if it is ok, I will go with the name it gave me. it will be First Nemesis. Hope this is ok, I put a sims name in and this is what it came up with. I do like it. can't wait to get started. Only 3/4 more days. I do wish I could see more pictures and more stories.
    I guess I will have to restudy the regeneration thing, Is it that after you change your Time Lords looks and name, then go back to the game, does he now start at the beginning of the Adult stage.

The Nemesis! I love it! If you like it, stick with it. Mine was the Optimist. It sounded weird, but it kinda stuck with me since I'm a little optimistic in real life as well.

For regeneration--when you go to CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat, it won't reset your age. You must drink a Youth Potion to reset their age. Once their age is reset, you then change their appearance and their traits.

I'm on my second playtest now. On my very first playtest, I found a bug. If you change your age from Adult to Elder or Adult to Young Adult, any reward traits you had earned or purchased would be wiped off. You can't buy them again, and you can't redo the aspiration since it's complete. So be careful.

I'm still playing the challenge, and I'm loving it still. I haven't updated my stories because I'm busy with playing the challenge and IRL stuff. But when I do get time, I write a couple of chapters. I'm on my Ninth Optimist, and I'm still writing my First Optimist.
    edited March 2015

The Nemesis! I love it! If you like it, stick with it. Mine was the Optimist. It sounded weird, but it kinda stuck with me since I'm a little optimistic in real life as well.

For regeneration--when you go to CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat, it won't reset your age. You must drink a Youth Potion to reset their age. Once their age is reset, you then change their appearance and their traits.

I'm on my second playtest now. On my very first playtest, I found a bug. If you change your age from Adult to Elder or Adult to Young Adult, any reward traits you had earned or purchased would be wiped off. You can't buy them again, and you can't redo the aspiration since it's complete. So be careful.

I'm still playing the challenge, and I'm loving it still. I haven't updated my stories because I'm busy with playing the challenge and IRL stuff. But when I do get time, I write a couple of chapters. I'm on my Ninth Optimist, and I'm still writing my First Optimist.

Thanks for your info, I will try to remember the Youth Potion to reset the age. Thanks about the name, I really like it, seems to be fitting for an Alien. I know what you mean about pictures and writing stories, I get so involved with my sims and what they are doing, I forget to take pictures, I will try my best to do this, but I can't promise anything. The Sims are so addictive.
    Looking forward to starting this challenge. Will let you know when First Nemesis arrives.
    Thanks for the challenge.

Thanks for your info, I will try to remember the Youth Potion to reset the age. Thanks about the name, I really like it, seems to be fitting for an Alien. I know what you mean about pictures and writing stories, I get so involved with my sims and what they are doing, I forget to take pictures, I will try my best to do this, but I can't promise anything. The Sims are so addictive.
    Looking forward to starting this challenge. Will let you know when First Nemesis arrives.
    Thanks for the challenge.

I can't wait to see your Alien Sim Time Lord! It would be interesting how it would work.
    u19Wx7g.jpg

The Optimist floated in space, alone,
    staring at the vast darkness outside,
    in awe at the pulsing light
    distant yet close.
    He sighs.
    edited March 2015
    Heads up gang. I'll be changing the rules on the TARDIS.

Room and home building shall be done underground. That means no rooms or homes above ground; only objects and trees are allowed to be placed above ground. Also, the spaceship is now taken out. If you had purchased it during the challenge, you are allowed to sell it and use a money cheat to recoup the difference.

I wanted to keep it within the bounds of the Doctor Who universe, and it will also be interesting to see what type of TARDISes other players create.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Does that mean we cannot build underground
    Does that mean we cannot build underground

Eeeeepppp. I have phrased it wrong.

All room and home building shall be done underground. No above ground rooms or homes; only objects, trees and foliage.
    Thanks, I like that. I wanted to build underground. Can there be like things like fences, pillars etc. or walls as long as they are not connected into a room. kind of like a maze of walls.
    edited March 2015
    Thanks, I like that. I wanted to build underground. Can there be like things like fences, pillars etc. or walls as long as they are not connected into a room. kind of like a maze of walls.

Definitely. I restricted the TARDIS underground for the base rules, but you can be liberal with the rules to customize your gameplay.

The rules are set for a general challenge, but it also gives everyone ideas on making their own stories and roleplay as a Time Lord.
    Heads up gang. I'll be changing the rules on the TARDIS.

Room and home building shall be done underground. That means no rooms or homes above ground; only objects and trees are allowed to be placed above ground. Also, the spaceship is now taken out. If you had purchased it during the challenge, you are allowed to sell it and use a money cheat to recoup the difference.

I wanted to keep it within the bounds of the Doctor Who universe, and it will also be interesting to see what type of TARDISes other players create.

I'm BAAAAAAACK - My my you guys were busy Time Lords while I was away (and serously missing my computer, games, and the interwebs :D)! LOL.

Cool. Ok This means I need to make another update to Second Librarian's Tardis before my next video. I think I finished up with part three before I wrapped up uploading First. I stopped making any more b/c I didn't want to get too back logged. I'll update the Tardis with the new basement patch (which I haven't gotten to play yet but have obsessively watched YouTube videos on) before I record part 4 :D

So happy to have my games back. Sigh. Family does not understand my obsession and my need to just hide in my cave and play. Hahahahaha!! ;)
    Also, may be uploading pat 1 of Second Librarian tonight so I will be updating my siggy pic with my new thumbnail soon. So, spoilers if you don't get to see the first part before I do the siggy pic update. LOL!! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top