Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    While I whisper that I'm not an avid Dr. Who fan, I'll loudly say I enjoy the show when I do happen to catch it. I think that with the most recent Doctor being a female this will be pretty fun to do too as we can switch between genders if we so choose. Or at least if I choose. And I do.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yep. I remember one Simmer who switched between genders every regeneration.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I randomize until I get a base I can work with - they are usually always good looking to me, but they look different. I just have to get a base where I can "see" the character inside... if that makes sense.

@Spacey72659 I have been watching your videos of "Murder Most Misfortunate". It does seem like a kind of cartoon play. Is it just me, or do you want to recreate these characters as sims and place them in some old, haunted mansion and play out the murder?

I want to do that with every game. LOL. You know you're a simmer when you're playing some other game thinking "I can make these guys in the Sims" XD
    I actually hope we get pets this year so I can recreate all the characters in Hustle Cat, including their cat selves, and the cafe.
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm alone in this, but does anyone get very sad when their companion is nearing death because of old age? :'(

I did when Madame Ethel got old. But then I kept her ghost. Then I resurrected her. LOL!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anyone moving their Time Lord to Brindleton Bay to meet new people and have new adventures? I think that Lighthouse might be hiding a few extra-terrestrial secrets.

What pet would you give your Time Lord? I'm thinking I may add the Robo-dog to be K9. How can I play a version of Doctor Who without K9? Plus, I want to add that patchwork cat. I think it would make a great character that was animated by becoming the body of an alien spirit that my TL rescues. Anyone have a good name for it? K9 is perfect for a dog, but what name for a cat?
  • Options
    Hey simmers, it's been a while! Was playing another game and now taking a break from that. Will have to look into the new expansion and update the rules if necessary.

Haven't gotten Cats and Dogs yet, but very curious.
  • Options
    I updated the spreadsheet and doc file to keep track of your Time Lord, adding the new traits and aspiration.
  • Options
    Kitty with teh zoomies in the TARDIS hallway. <3

dVzr1Jy.jpg
  • Options
    Here's my ideas for my Time Lord save. K9 is a Bull Terrier. I wanted a short, stocky dog with a thick, muscular body and the Bull Terrier fit the bill. Patches is made from a Sphynx cat for the wrinkles. In my story, it will be a curious alien that takes over a stuffed cat toy to become alive as a person or animal that is already alive would do it harm if it stayed in that form too long.

235057.png

235100.png
  • Options
    Oh my god! They look cool. I haven't dabbled in the Create A Pet much; I went straight to my save game just to test out pets for this challenge. Are they skins from the expac?
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Oh my god! They look cool. I haven't dabbled in the Create A Pet much; I went straight to my save game just to test out pets for this challenge. Are they skins from the expac?

These are both made from C&D pack stuff. I do not use mods or CC. They also have a dog version of a blue Void Critter and an orange version of a cat Void Critter, both of which would make great alien pets, especially if you used the fox and raccoon voices. All of these are in the skin pattern section. First you choose a breed, then choose a "skin". I imagine that K9's tail is multi-purpose. Radar, extension cable, etc.
  • Options
    Sweet. I will add one on my current save.

I'm redoing my current Time Lord. I'm going to roleplay as a Captain with a crew of mortal Sims. It will be interesting since it will be a legacy type game play with the Time Lord as an undying Sim. Idea popped up after watching a lot of "The Orville."
  • Options
    A little update on the rules, which just says that pets are allowed and are considered companions. I don't see any challenge breaking issues with pets.
  • Options
    AlienWithABoxAlienWithABox Posts: 57 Member
    I'm about to do this challenge and will post a few pictures here once I get the ability to. I think, to make this easier, I'm going to emulate the personalities of the actual 13 Doctors (not including the new one because we don't know her personality). Appearances will be different though.

I'm planning to give him a K9 of sorts, and I'm most definitely going to explore the mysterious lighthouse. Maybe he'll get a human companion one day. Who knows? Or should I say Doctor Who knows?
    I'm planting him in Newcrest though, so I can fill the town with themed lots and people without feeling like I'm destroying pre-made sims.
    4weKOfz.gif
    Twitter: @AlienWithABox
  • Options
    Fantastic! :)

Enjoy the challenge! Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    edited December 2017
    I am starting the challenge i have part of his TARDIS done. His name is The Bookmaker. He has a companion who is a teen, but I cannot remember his name b/c I am on mobile. He also has robot dog named Cupcake. The exterior of his TARDIS looks like a small cottage. That’s all for now.
    Post edited by SimmerSuper6464 on
  • Options
    I am starting the challenge i have part of his TARDIS done. His name is The Bookmaker. He has a companion who is a teen, but I cannot remember his name b/c I am on mobile. He also has robot dog named Cupcake. The exterior of his TARDIS looks like a small cottage. That’s all for now.

I would love to see how your TARDIS looks! :smiley:
  • Options
    http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a447/simmersuper6464/C20407DB-248B-4992-B620-0B8D4555D77C_zpsypp9obnd.png

This is the exterior of his TARDIS (first time trying to post pics so let me know if it works or not)
  • Options
    Looks nice. I'm also curious of the interior. Eventually you will evolve it. On my playthrough, I change some decor when my Time Lord regenerates.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by SimmerSuper6464 on
  • Options
    Is everyone ready for a new Doctor? I am.
  • Options
    Is everyone ready for a new Doctor? I am.

Me me me me!

Unfortunately I don't have BBC; I'm currently a cord-cutter. But I will be buying the season pass from Amazon.
  • Options
    CrystalSim459CrystalSim459 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow! Very cool ~
  • Options
    I wonder if she'll have a male companion since the male doctors always had a female.
  • Options
    Anyone excited about sending their TL on a hidden temple adventure?
  • Options
    Anyone excited about sending their TL on a hidden temple adventure?

Me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top