Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Here's a little teaser for a scenario I'm working on and testing.

Two words: Battle School (inspired by Ender's Game).
    SMhTbkh.jpg
    HuS0Z2a.jpg
    jLZkifE.jpg
    bL4Gfm8.jpg
    oAEJpv5.jpg
    Ht8Zuyn.jpg
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • pupshadow22pupshadow22 Posts: 43 Member
    @nastyjman looks interesting, I might have to read up on Ender's Game a little
  • rosiemastacherosiemastache Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys!

First post ever on the forums, but so excited about this I can't contain myself. After reading the entire forum I set a plan in motion. I created a sort of Alternate start/scenario for the First Alchemist.

I really loved the idea of having a rival, but also having these enemies have a back story together.
    So the First Alchemist has a sister (this way they never get romantic with each other when I'm not paying attention) who also survived the destruction of Gallifrey. I figured when I do the echoes of time scenario, this will also add a whole new level to it. It also allows me to have 2 time lords! (I'm that excited about this).

They start out with 2 of the same traits, genius and outgoing, but then I gave them clashing custom traits. I run a lot of CC.

I'm working on the falling out now. Since I'm also excited about toddlers, I think I'm going to have them both of timelord children then after a fight, one of them would have to hide the other's child somewhere in time. Thus causing a rivalry that will last until their deaths. And a timelord kid that I can add to another family or game. Maybe in my medieval world.

Also my kind of story telling wrap around to excise the fact that I have characters from all my history and science fiction worlds running around in the same places. So for my first world there is a problem with time and these few sections of time are overlapping. It will be up to The Alchemist to make sure that the history of the universe does not fall apart completely while these timelines overlap.

I've never done any type of storytelling documentation, but plan on doing so soon. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also any ideas to add some good gameplay to my first few regenerations would be fun as well.
    I also got these super awesome mods that allows you to make robots. It's just wearable robot piece, so you can make a sim turn into a robot. Going to experiment with ways to make cybermen for the cyber man scenario. Like the kid napped sims are turned into robots and given the evil trait, then when they reach a certain social level with my time lord and companion they can turn back and go home......

It won't let me post the link but it's no mod the sims, Plumbots from TS3, TS4 CAS.

I also downloaded some robot traits, that disable moods for the robot. It's just always fine.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Hey guys!

First post ever on the forums, but so excited about this I can't contain myself. After reading the entire forum I set a plan in motion. I created a sort of Alternate start/scenario for the First Alchemist.

I really loved the idea of having a rival, but also having these enemies have a back story together.
    So the First Alchemist has a sister (this way they never get romantic with each other when I'm not paying attention) who also survived the destruction of Gallifrey. I figured when I do the echoes of time scenario, this will also add a whole new level to it. It also allows me to have 2 time lords! (I'm that excited about this).

They start out with 2 of the same traits, genius and outgoing, but then I gave them clashing custom traits. I run a lot of CC.

I'm working on the falling out now. Since I'm also excited about toddlers, I think I'm going to have them both of timelord children then after a fight, one of them would have to hide the other's child somewhere in time. Thus causing a rivalry that will last until their deaths. And a timelord kid that I can add to another family or game. Maybe in my medieval world.

Also my kind of story telling wrap around to excise the fact that I have characters from all my history and science fiction worlds running around in the same places. So for my first world there is a problem with time and these few sections of time are overlapping. It will be up to The Alchemist to make sure that the history of the universe does not fall apart completely while these timelines overlap.

I've never done any type of storytelling documentation, but plan on doing so soon. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also any ideas to add some good gameplay to my first few regenerations would be fun as well.

Welcome! Your story sounds awesome - look forward to your updates. Make sure to keep us posted. I already know you're gonna love this challenge with how great your backstory is :)
    @rosiemastache Glad you are excited to play the challenge. In terms of how you play is up to you, and by the looks of it, your universe sounds fantastic!

You can change, modify or ignore parts of the challenge rules, but the only thing you need to adhere to is the Regeneration rule: when their time is up, you have to regenerate.

Or you can do a variation of that. You can have them regenerate if they complete their aspiration. You can have your own countdown timer if you want as well.

I'm excited what story you come up with. However, I found that the challenge is sometimes personal and enjoyed in your head-canon.

Have fun! Allons-y!!!

@rosiemastache glad to see another person get extremely inspired by this challenge as well.

As for storytelling documentation, give Wordpress a try. The interface is very accessible, though it does have a data limit so if you plan on inserting a lot of photos you might have to first host them on imgur or flickr.

And yeah I was a "new member" last week, the no-link rule is annoying but probably is what keeps these forums so friendly.
    Servo mods:
    Oh man, that mod looks awesome. I've never used mods before (I'm one of those purists). This makes me more interested now.
    edited March 2017
    @nastyjman yeah i get you, it really is hard to stop using cc for every little thing once you start using it. here is a decent list tho sssvitlans.tumblr.com/themed. You can look at specific themes like sci fi and medieval w/o having to bothered by all the unnecessary content.... (lol this is lowkey like offering the most addictive drug ever)
    Mods are addicting!

As a Mac user, I could not use them with sims 3 because the translation program was a piece of crap and it was a very faulty program.

Sims 4 makes it so easy to put custom content in. While I'm disappointed in the neighborhood restrictions, downloading cc is a lot more accessible to me and definitely stepping up my gameplay.

I'll have to check out word press, I'm going to at least get through my initial generation with a few screen shots and blurbs but having the story really start at the timelord rivals fallout.

As soon as they reach their aspirations I may do an early regeneration like you said above @nastyjman

Yay!

I also started rewatching all of the Doctor Who episodes on amazon prime for more inspiration.

Donna noble is the best!
    Nice! Donna Noble is my favorite companion.
    This is an interesting update that might be pertinent to this challenge:
    • Teens are now allowed to move out on their own from the Household Management screen.
    nastyjman wrote: »
    This is an interesting update that might be pertinent to this challenge:
    • Teens are now allowed to move out on their own from the Household Management screen.

Oooooo, that makes the runaway teen challenge a little easier to do LOL!

Time Lord Teens? Hahahaa
  • RanChu-ObscureRanChu-Obscure Posts: 1 New Member
    hello :)
    I love the idea of this challenge and started yesterday but I already failed it D:

My Timelady is called The Teacher. I was only at the first one who is Clumsy, Neat and a Bookworm and her Aspiration is Nerd Brain. And my lot has the traits Gremlins and Science Lair. What happened is the Gremlins broke all my things.. and she needs to level up her handyness anyway, so I started repairing thing got dizzy, but I wanted her to repair more.. and gess what.. she was electrocuted.. :(
    Her Companion Gus couldn't save her by pleading to Death either..

So now Gus is an a mission.. since I'm playing this for myself and for the sake of the story, I want him to cook Ambrosia and revive The Teacher.. since she is his only friend..

Even though the main sim of the challenge is dead I'm still having a lot of fun with this :'D

hello :)
    I love the idea of this challenge and started yesterday but I already failed it D:

My Timelady is called The Teacher. I was only at the first one who is Clumsy, Neat and a Bookworm and her Aspiration is Nerd Brain. And my lot has the traits Gremlins and Science Lair. What happened is the Gremlins broke all my things.. and she needs to level up her handyness anyway, so I started repairing thing got dizzy, but I wanted her to repair more.. and gess what.. she was electrocuted.. :(
    Her Companion Gus couldn't save her by pleading to Death either..

So now Gus is an a mission.. since I'm playing this for myself and for the sake of the story, I want him to cook Ambrosia and revive The Teacher.. since she is his only friend..

Even though the main sim of the challenge is dead I'm still having a lot of fun with this :'D

Happy you are having fun with the challenge!

I should have stated that the lot traits are optional. I'm sorry that had led to your Time Lady's untimely demise.
    After a long hiatus, I picked up the game again. I'm currently experimenting on incentivizing the Time Lord's traits. I feel that it's a waste to not utilize a Time Lord's traits since part of the charm of Doctor Who is the personalities of each incarnation.

Since there is no rule against money right now, I'm thinking of a progressing gameplay on building your TARDIS.

What I have in experimentation is this:

- If you fulfill a whim that is connected with your current Time Lord's trait, you can use one (1) "kaching" cheat.
    - For example, if your Time Lord is Flirty, and you fulfill a Flirty whim, then you can use "kaching" money cheat.
    - There is no limit on how many you can complete. Also there is no limit on how much whims you skip.

That's it for now. I will report back on how the test is going.
    Update on experimentation...

Since there are some traits that don't have any whims related to them, I've added a new condition on when you can use the "kaching" money cheat.

- If your Time Lord completes an Upgrade or Repairs a broken equipment, you can use one (1) "kaching" cheat. This is a simulation of using a "Sonic Screwdriver."
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is anyone planning to add a teenage companion (Adric) for your Time Lord to parent and mentor?
    Just as long as he doesn't perish tragically. ;)
    Alas poor Adric, we knew him well.
  • WerelynxWerelynx Posts: 1 New Member
    This is also going to be my first post ever, and this will be the first challenge I will ever take on in my 10 years of playing the Sims. I thought this would be a great challenge to start off with seeing as I just got back into the Doctor Who fandom.

The name generator you linked was helpful because it gave a neat description of my Timelord's background and Tardis. I used my own name and here is what I got:

"You are the Renegade Time Lord known as:
    The Obfuscator
    Your original Gallifreyan name is Stodrolliaekospanatan, or Stodroll for short.
    Back on Gallifrey, you led a dull and uninteresting life, working as a Professor of Interstitial Physics at the Arcalian College – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!
    Your Type 109 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as a giant oak tree, and your latest travelling companion is a bumbling 1930s-era aristocrat, along with his wily problem-solving butler."

yeet

I am going to have a lot of fun with this!
    Werelynx wrote: »
    This is also going to be my first post ever, and this will be the first challenge I will ever take on in my 10 years of playing the Sims. I thought this would be a great challenge to start off with seeing as I just got back into the Doctor Who fandom.

The name generator you linked was helpful because it gave a neat description of my Timelord's background and Tardis. I used my own name and here is what I got:

The Obfuscator
    Back on Gallifrey, you led a dull and uninteresting life, working as a Professor of Interstitial Physics at the Arcalian College – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!
    Your Type 109 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as a giant oak tree, and your latest travellin g companion is a bumbling 1930s-era aristocrat, along with his wily problem-solving butler."

yeet

Welcome to the challenge! I'm sure you'll have fun. Make sure to keep us updated as you and your time lord progress :D
    Werelynx wrote: »

The Obfuscator
    Your Type 109 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as a giant oak tree, and your latest travelling companion is a bumbling 1930s-era aristocrat, along with his wily problem-solving butler."

yeet

If you go into buydebug and find the magic tree that teleports you to Sylvan glade, you could build the inside of your T.A.R.D.I.S. there, although it may be a smallish T.A..D.I.S.
    It's been a while since I updated the challenge. I've been busy devoting my time to my other passion, but I will look into Parenthood and update as I test out the game pack.
    A bit off-topic, but let's all welcome the Thirteenth Doctor!
    jodie_doctor_who.jpg?itok=anE6qMd2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top