Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• MonirosimsMonirosims Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello! I am Monique and I have been a simmer since Sims 1! I love the games in general, and I am actually a big fan of Sims 4 and I love how much the game has evolved over the years. I have decided to start a sims youtube channel and I am in the process of getting that off the ground :) Would love to get to know some simmers as no one I know IRL plays the games as seriously as I do ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Monirosims wrote: »
    Hello! I am Monique and I have been a simmer since Sims 1! I love the games in general, and I am actually a big fan of Sims 4 and I love how much the game has evolved over the years. I have decided to start a sims youtube channel and I am in the process of getting that off the ground :) Would love to get to know some simmers as no one I know IRL plays the games as seriously as I do ;)

Hello @Monirosims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing many households over the time, and enjoyed watching the sims growing up in your games. Simming is fun!
    It is very exciting and special that you are starting a simming YouTube channel! That is great!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your games .
    Happy simming! :)
  • SpixieSimSpixieSim Posts: 28 New Member
    Hello, I am Janet, AKA Spixie Sim! I have been playing Sims since #2 and love it! Now I am starting to dab in to writing sims stories. Working on 2 different stories at the moment!
    SpixieSim wrote: »
    Hello, I am Janet, AKA Spixie Sim! I have been playing Sims since #2 and love it! Now I am starting to dab in to writing sims stories. Working on 2 different stories at the moment!

Hello @SpixieSim :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. It is great that you have started to write simming sims stories! Sims story telling is a very special part of simming! It is very enjoyable reading the stories of the lives of sims that are in other simmer's games, and seeing pictures of their sims. It is nice that you are writing two different stories currently.
    Happy simming and story writing! :)
  • LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi @rosemow as you know I am only relatively new to the forum and today I discovered the wonderful world of showcase threads. I found Laebeth's one first then took a look at Corwim's one. I am yet to discover who else has created one :)

I was wondering how difficult it is to set one up for myself. I mean will there be a pressure on me to keep uploading creations once I begin? Or can I start my own showcase and slowly add to it. I am a *huge* perfectionist lol so I hope and aim to make it interesting. Excited and scared by the idea all at once! any suggestions?
    Hi @rosemow as you know I am only relatively new to the forum and today I discovered the wonderful world of showcase threads. I found Laebeth's one first then took a look at Corwim's one. I am yet to discover who else has created one :)

I was wondering how difficult it is to set one up for myself. I mean will there be a pressure on me to keep uploading creations once I begin? Or can I start my own showcase and slowly add to it. I am a *huge* perfectionist lol so I hope and aim to make it interesting. Excited and scared by the idea all at once! any suggestions?

Hello @LightSands1 :)
    It is great that you are thinking of starting a showcase thread for your builds! :)
    This is a link to a thread that has a list of other simmers who have showcase threads
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread#latest

When you start your own showcase thread, you can add as many or as few builds that you would like to showcase on it. Some people just add their favourite builds that they have created , to the thread. Other simmers like to showcase all or many of their builds. There is no pressure at all to keep adding more and more builds once you start the thread. You can just add them if and when you would like to, and can take your time adding them. It is a good idea to reserve a few posts at the start of the showcase thread, so as you can index a list of the builds that you have posted on the thread. You can provide direct links to posts by right clicking the time on the post that you want to link to, and copy/paste it in the index post .
    Oh thank you so much for the encouragement @rosemow and the tip about reserving a few posts at the start is really helpful :) I will start by looking at others' showcase threads some more to get some ideas before I leap into it. I am thrilled with the idea!

Perhaps I will start with showcasing the build/s I am most proud of and then maybe it would be nice to show some of my older creations that couldn't really be seen by looking at the gallery pictures. Thank you again :)
    Oh thank you so much for the encouragement @rosemow and the tip about reserving a few posts at the start is really helpful :) I will start by looking at others' showcase threads some more to get some ideas before I leap into it. I am thrilled with the idea!

Perhaps I will start with showcasing the build/s I am most proud of and then maybe it would be nice to show some of my older creations that couldn't really be seen by looking at the gallery pictures. Thank you again :)

You're very welcome :) It is a good idea to look at the showcase threads of other simmers and get ideas from them.
    Your idea of showcasing the builds that you are most proud of, then some of your older creations sounds great!
    You can just take your time setting the thread up as you would like it to be.
    I will look forward to seeing your showcase thread when you set it up :)
  • asnwhite86asnwhite86 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I've been playing sims since the beginning. Sims 2 is probably still my favorite. I've been online since I think 2011 but I've never joined the forum, and once you HAD to have origin I noticed the friends and the following and sadly I'm alone. Hello Everyone!!! I would really like to make friends
    asnwhite86 wrote: »
    Hello! I've been playing sims since the beginning. Sims 2 is probably still my favorite. I've been online since I think 2011 but I've never joined the forum, and once you HAD to have origin I noticed the friends and the following and sadly I'm alone. Hello Everyone!!! I would really like to make friends

Hello @asnwhite86 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. Simming is lots of fun! You would have enjoyed creating many sims households over the time, and built /furnished homes to suit them.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads, and enjoy making simming friends as you share about your simming experiences.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CuteCoffeeGal wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I've been playing The Sims since 2000, but somehow I never actually joined the forum until today!
    >
    > I'm actually thinking of starting up a Let's Play YouTube Channel. I've been prepping for a couple of months to do the Decades Challenge, and I am SUPER intrigued by the new challenge that RoryPlaysTheSims just started on her Twitch channel - the 100 Hidden Love Child Challenge, a combination of 100 Babies and Hidden Child!
    >
    > Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CuteCoffeeGal :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since 2000. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours simming, playing and creating over the time!
    > It is exciting that you are planning to start a YouTube simming channel! Simmers would enjoy watching your videos and seeing the sims that are in your game. I hope that you go well doing the Decades challenge.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow!!!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
    > @rosemow said:
    > CuteCoffeeGal wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I've been playing The Sims since 2000, but somehow I never actually joined the forum until today!
    >
    > I'm actually thinking of starting up a Let's Play YouTube Channel. I've been prepping for a couple of months to do the Decades Challenge, and I am SUPER intrigued by the new challenge that RoryPlaysTheSims just started on her Twitch channel - the 100 Hidden Love Child Challenge, a combination of 100 Babies and Hidden Child!
    >
    > Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CuteCoffeeGal :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you have been simming since 2000. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours simming, playing and creating over the time!
    > It is exciting that you are planning to start a YouTube simming channel! Simmers would enjoy watching your videos and seeing the sims that are in your game. I hope that you go well doing the Decades challenge.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow!!!

You're welcome :)
  • FluffnToughFluffnTough Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey there. My name is Johnathan and for a while, I had forgotten that I purchased The Sims 3 back in 2013. Now I'm a young adult and my interest in the Sims has been revived! I've just recently (this month) reacquired access to my old account and updated my email and all that fun stuff. I play when I have the time to play but sometimes it's a dangerous game. I often find myself playing late into the night, when I do!

Now I'm curious: how would I go about having my Sims' Identity changed? I'm referring to the Game-specific Identity one can see on their EA account. I'd like to change it to reflect my current handle. I read somewhere that you need a moderator's help? Being that I just joined the forums today, half an hour ago, in fact, I can't make my own posts.

If anyone has any questions for/about me, don't be afraid to ask!
    Thanks in advance,

Johnathan.
    edited August 2017
    Hey there. My name is Johnathan and for a while, I had forgotten that I purchased The Sims 3 back in 2013. Now I'm a young adult and my interest in the Sims has been revived! I've just recently (this month) reacquired access to my old account and updated my email and all that fun stuff. I play when I have the time to play but sometimes it's a dangerous game. I often find myself playing late into the night, when I do!

Now I'm curious: how would I go about having my Sims' Identity changed? I'm referring to the Game-specific Identity one can see on their EA account. I'd like to change it to reflect my current handle. I read somewhere that you need a moderator's help? Being that I just joined the forums today, half an hour ago, in fact, I can't make my own posts.

If anyone has any questions for/about me, don't be afraid to ask!
    Thanks in advance,

Johnathan.

Hello @FluffnTough :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have started simming again. When we are playing the Sims, time passes very quickly! We want to keep playing or building just a little bit more!
    To change your forums user name, you can post a request to change it on the wall of @EA_Mage . They will then be in touch with you. If you click on the blue link, it will take you to the wall
    Happy simming ! :)
    rosemow wrote: »

You're very welcome :) It is a good idea to look at the showcase threads of other simmers and get ideas from them.
    Your idea of showcasing the builds that you are most proud of, then some of your older creations sounds great!

Hello @rosemow Thank you :) I look forward to getting things started. I also got some tips from other forum members who have showcase threads set up, so I think after some research and planning, you will see my new thread pop up! Yay!

Hello @rosemow Thank you :) I look forward to getting things started. I also got some tips from other forum members who have showcase threads set up, so I think after some research and planning, you will see my new thread pop up! Yay!

You're welcome :) I will look forward to seeming your showcase thread! :) It will be special to see your builds in the thread !
    Hi @asnwhite86 Welcome! I am also a newbie here on the forum, only got my full membership the other week :)
    If you're into creating rooms, may I suggest a thread to definitely check out! It's @rosemow's One Room One week One Theme thread. Its a really fun place where we all share rooms that we create following a theme that dear @rosemow set for us each week. This week's theme i : a bedroom for a child who is about to begin grade school. I only just found the thread the other week myself by accident lol so if you're interested, pop in and say hi :)

Hi @CuteCoffeeGal How exciting that you're thinking of starting up a Lets Play YouTube Channel. I would be happy to check it out when you set it all up :) If you like creating check out the link above too!

Hope its ok to 'advertise' your thread here @rosemow :) I just really love the thread and because I only came upon it by accident myself, I don't want others to miss out on all the fun!
    Hi @FluffnTough Welcome! and yes like @rosemow agreed, time sure does go fast when you're playing the sims lol I also find myself playing way into the night a lot :) but when the creativity begins to flow, I just need to roll with it!
    It was very nice that you posted about the thread @LightSands1 :) I am glad that you are enjoying the thread!

I'm am enjoying it! and I am happy to invite more fellow simmers :) after all 'the more the merrier!' right? lol
    so @FluffnTough if you're a creator, and love to share your work, then definitely check out One Room One Week One Theme :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    goodafternoon to all
    I just recently created an account in this forums even though i am stalking the forums since last year :D Even though i don't have the game, I play it at my neighbor. I wanted to get this game on my own, now I am still just a student, it is one of my plans to buy a computer for this game to play it. Even I just stalk here in the past I feel like this place makes me feel connected to other players who play this franchise and I am happy to be part of this community.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    goodafternoon to all
    I just recently created an account in this forums even though i am stalking the forums since last year :D Even though i don't have the game, I play it at my neighbor. I wanted to get this game on my own, now I am still just a student, it is one of my plans to buy a computer for this game to play it. Even I just stalk here in the past I feel like this place makes me feel connected to other players who play this franchise and I am happy to be part of this community.

Hello @TS1299 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome posting on the forums!
    It is nice and special that you play The Sims at your neighbours home. I hope that one day you will be able to buy a computer that can handle playing the Sims, and that you can own the game yourself. I hope that your studies are going well.
    It is nice that you enjoy reading the forum threads, and being a part of the simming community. It is great that you now have an account, and can enjoy posting on the threads and chatting to fellow simmers.
    Happy simming at your neighbours home :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Thank you @rosemow , It feels very special for me to be welcomed by this community. Thank you for believing in my dream and I myself also hope that I can get this game on my own in the future. Thank You again rosemow also happy simming :)
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow , It feels very special for me to be welcomed by this community. Thank you for believing in my dream and I myself also hope that I can get this game on my own in the future. Thank You again rosemow also happy simming :)

You're welcome @TS1299 :)
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Hi Rosemow. I have been a Simmer for over 2 years now. It all started with TSFP. I have put almost 2,000 hours into TS4. Read more about me on my Sims Exchange profile. Name: ShanTheEmolga
    Oh hamburgers!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top