OCTOBER 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats new and whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 380 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    @luthienrising "I was introduced to The Sims by my kids (the ones who are now Young Adults) not long after the game came out, and I've been playing all the PC versions on and off, in binges, ever since."

    ME TO, ALSO.

    Hello @FoundMarbles
    It is very nice and specialthat you were first introduced to simming by your children. It is great that this led you to becoming a simmer and enjoying playing the different versions of the Sims. Simming is fun! :)

    AND addictive! I seem to spend hours where I meant to spend minutes. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    @luthienrising "I was introduced to The Sims by my kids (the ones who are now Young Adults) not long after the game came out, and I've been playing all the PC versions on and off, in binges, ever since."

    ME TO, ALSO.

    Hello @FoundMarbles
    It is very nice and specialthat you were first introduced to simming by your children. It is great that this led you to becoming a simmer and enjoying playing the different versions of the Sims. Simming is fun! :)

    AND addictive! I seem to spend hours where I meant to spend minutes. :D

    Hello
    Time passes very quickly when we are simming! :)
  • MegHoustMegHoust Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys!

    I've been on the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!

    I have only played TS3 & 4. I was never lucky enough to get to play 1 or 2, unless I was watching a friend when they were playing on their own rig.

    I finally have some down time with a less stressful job and easier classes I'm taking in school to be able to devote more time to my Sims.
    (Don't tell my husband that)

    I have 3 fur babies, two German Shepherds and a squirrel. (The squirrel was a rescue and had neuro damage so she is unable to be released, don't fret!)

    Anywho, like I said, I'm glad that I'm going to be joining the fun with all of the other simmers out there
    :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    MegHoust wrote: »
    Hey guys!

    I've been on the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!

    I have only played TS3 & 4. I was never lucky enough to get to play 1 or 2, unless I was watching a friend when they were playing on their own rig.

    I finally have some down time with a less stressful job and easier classes I'm taking in school to be able to devote more time to my Sims.
    (Don't tell my husband that)

    I have 3 fur babies, two German Shepherds and a squirrel. (The squirrel was a rescue and had neuro damage so she is unable to be released, don't fret!)

    Anywho, like I said, I'm glad that I'm going to be joining the fun with all of the other simmers out there
    :)

    Hello @MegHoust :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    I hope that your school studies are going well. It is nice that you have two German Shepherds and a squirrel. It was very kind and thoughtful of you to adopt and care for the injured squirrel <3 The pets would be special animal members of your family.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums, and enjoy posting about the sims in your games.
    Happy simming! :)
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 671 Member
    I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, so I thought I'd do it here. When do new members become able to post pictures/quote/change avatars/etc? Is it a certain amount of time, or post count? Just out of curiosity :smile: I'm loving the forums so far!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, so I thought I'd do it here. When do new members become able to post pictures/quote/change avatars/etc? Is it a certain amount of time, or post count? Just out of curiosity :smile: I'm loving the forums so far!

    Hello @PrincessSimcess :)
    You need to have 50 points, 30 posts and have been a new member for at least 24 hours, before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    Happy Simming! :)
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 57 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Redkitty42, and I am addicted to TheSims.
    It's been a while since I have been on the forums. I guess I was demoted from linking pictures and sharing my builds (yikes). I was really into building in The Sims3 but have been mainly living out my sims lives in The Sims4. I have been playing TheSims since my daughter got TheSims1 for her birthday (basically when it first came out) and we have been a simming family ever since LOL).

    Thank you for the info on how to start posting pics and links. I entered the Build n Share challenge #62 and could not link to my build. :'(
    I have entered the Build n Share challenges in the Sims3 but it's been a long while since I have posted.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    redkitty42 wrote: »
    Hello,
    My name is Redkitty42, and I am addicted to TheSims.
    It's been a while since I have been on the forums. I guess I was demoted from linking pictures and sharing my builds (yikes). I was really into building in The Sims3 but have been mainly living out my sims lives in The Sims4. I have been playing TheSims since my daughter got TheSims1 for her birthday (basically when it first came out) and we have been a simming family ever since LOL).

    Thank you for the info on how to start posting pics and links. I entered the Build n Share challenge #62 and could not link to my build. :'(
    I have entered the Build n Share challenges in the Sims3 but it's been a long while since I have posted.

    Hello @redkitty42 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome back to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming when your daughter received the original sims 1 for her birthday. It was a very special gift that has resulted in you and your family enjoying spending many fun, enjoyable and happy hours ever since as simmers! It is nice that you are a simming family. You would enjoy chatting about The Sims and the sims in your games.
    Building is a very special part of simming! It allows us to express our creativity , and have fun at the same time! I hope that you will enjoy doing more Build n Share challenges.
    Happy simming! :)
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 671 Member
    Thanks, rosemow!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Thanks, rosemow!

    Hello
    You're welcome :)
  • Sims4KnowledgeSims4Knowledge Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I am very new to these forums and find them very helpful in times of need. I love the Sims, and constantly play it in my spare time. I like dogs and cats, art and meeting new people, which I hope to do on this website. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Hi! I am very new to these forums and find them very helpful in times of need. I love the Sims, and constantly play it in my spare time. I like dogs and cats, art and meeting new people, which I hope to do on this website. :)

    Hello @Sims4Knowledge :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you like dogs and cats. When we have them as pets, they are special animal members of our family and we can have many enjoyable times playing with them and taking dogs for walks.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences.
    Happy simming! :)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 336 Member
    Hi everyone:)
    I'm new here (in the forums) and The Sims in general are relatively new to me. I started to play in April/2016, it was when I just graduated university and was looking for a job, so I had a lot of free time then. Originally I was looking for some game/application in which I could "build" stuff. so I got to the sims kind of accidently, only later I found out all the real fun in the game. kind of reminds me my childhood, when I was playing with dolls and make all these stories:)
    Currently I only have Sims 3 (love it!) but have a lot of content already. I have 6(?) expansion packs and I'm sort of addicted to custom content:).
    [By the way English is not my native language, I thought writing in the forums could help me practice, so sorry if I have mistakes..]
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Avatarit wrote: »
    Hi everyone:)
    I'm new here (in the forums) and The Sims in general are relatively new to me. I started to play in April/2016, it was when I just graduated university and was looking for a job, so I had a lot of free time then. Originally I was looking for some game/application in which I could "build" stuff. so I got to the sims kind of accidently, only later I found out all the real fun in the game. kind of reminds me my childhood, when I was playing with dolls and make all these stories:)
    Currently I only have Sims 3 (love it!) but have a lot of content already. I have 6(?) expansion packs and I'm sort of addicted to custom content:).
    [By the way English is not my native language, I thought writing in the forums could help me practice, so sorry if I have mistakes..]

    Hello @Avatarit :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming in April last year after graduating from university. Congratulations on your graduation! That is great! I hope that you have been able to find a job. It is nice that you are enjoying all the various features of simming. It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes and venues, and then seeing our sims living their lives in the sims worlds!
    It is great that you own 6 Sims 3 expansion packs. They add looks of fun and enjoyable activities and features to the games. and great new worlds for our sims to enjoy living in.
    Please don't be concerned about your writing. Your English writing is great. There are many simmers on the forums who are not native English speakers. It is great that we all share enjoyment together in simming!
    Happy simming! :)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 336 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Avatarit wrote: »
    Hi everyone:)
    I'm new here (in the forums) and The Sims in general are relatively new to me. I started to play in April/2016, it was when I just graduated university and was looking for a job, so I had a lot of free time then. Originally I was looking for some game/application in which I could "build" stuff. so I got to the sims kind of accidently, only later I found out all the real fun in the game. kind of reminds me my childhood, when I was playing with dolls and make all these stories:)
    Currently I only have Sims 3 (love it!) but have a lot of content already. I have 6(?) expansion packs and I'm sort of addicted to custom content:).
    [By the way English is not my native language, I thought writing in the forums could help me practice, so sorry if I have mistakes..]

    Hello @Avatarit :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming in April last year after graduating from university. Congratulations on your graduation! That is great! I hope that you have been able to find a job. It is nice that you are enjoying all the various features of simming. It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes and venues, and then seeing our sims living their lives in the sims worlds!
    It is great that you own 6 Sims 3 expansion packs. They add looks of fun and enjoyable activities and features to the games. and great new worlds for our sims to enjoy living in.
    Please don't be concerned about your writing. Your English writing is great. There are many simmers on the forums who are not native English speakers. It is great that we all share enjoyment together in simming!
    Happy simming! :)

    Thanks!!! :blush:
    (and yes, I did find a job, didn't have much time to search with all the simming... no I'm just kidding:) but seriously I find The Sims a great way to clear my head now after work).
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Avatarit wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Avatarit wrote: »
    Hi everyone:)
    I'm new here (in the forums) and The Sims in general are relatively new to me. I started to play in April/2016, it was when I just graduated university and was looking for a job, so I had a lot of free time then. Originally I was looking for some game/application in which I could "build" stuff. so I got to the sims kind of accidently, only later I found out all the real fun in the game. kind of reminds me my childhood, when I was playing with dolls and make all these stories:)
    Currently I only have Sims 3 (love it!) but have a lot of content already. I have 6(?) expansion packs and I'm sort of addicted to custom content:).
    [By the way English is not my native language, I thought writing in the forums could help me practice, so sorry if I have mistakes..]

    Hello @Avatarit :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming in April last year after graduating from university. Congratulations on your graduation! That is great! I hope that you have been able to find a job. It is nice that you are enjoying all the various features of simming. It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes and venues, and then seeing our sims living their lives in the sims worlds!
    It is great that you own 6 Sims 3 expansion packs. They add looks of fun and enjoyable activities and features to the games. and great new worlds for our sims to enjoy living in.
    Please don't be concerned about your writing. Your English writing is great. There are many simmers on the forums who are not native English speakers. It is great that we all share enjoyment together in simming!
    Happy simming! :)

    Thanks!!! :blush:
    (and yes, I did find a job, didn't have much time to search with all the simming... no I'm just kidding:) but seriously I find The Sims a great way to clear my head now after work).

    You're welcome :) It is great that you found a job! Simming is a great way to relax and take a break from all that the day has held.
  • Alyssa4LifeAlyssa4Life Posts: 633 Member
    Hello! I am Alyssa4Life! So, how are you supposed to paste images in the box, cause it wont show up for me.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Hello! I am Alyssa4Life! So, how are you supposed to paste images in the box, cause it wont show up for me.

    Hello @Alyssa4Life :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    When you are a full member you can then post pictures.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Alyssa4LifeAlyssa4Life Posts: 633 Member
    Ok then.....Thanks for telling me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Ok then.....Thanks for telling me!

    You're welcome :)
  • RitensRitens Posts: 67 Member
    Ooh! Hello! I'm ritens. I've known of the sims since I was a small child myself. I watched my father and older brother play the first game but never dared to try it myself. Same happened with the second and third. Watching people play was fun (and I could eat their snacks while they were too busy saving their sims from disasters). Sims 4 is the first game I tried out myself and I absolutely love it. Bought it last year, in spring, and it's helped me get my creative juices flowing. When I'm not playing the sims.. I... I'm drawing the sims. Townies, my own sims & situations that have happened in the game. It's fun.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Ritens wrote: »
    Ooh! Hello! I'm ritens. I've known of the sims since I was a small child myself. I watched my father and older brother play the first game but never dared to try it myself. Same happened with the second and third. Watching people play was fun (and I could eat their snacks while they were too busy saving their sims from disasters). Sims 4 is the first game I tried out myself and I absolutely love it. Bought it last year, in spring, and it's helped me get my creative juices flowing. When I'm not playing the sims.. I... I'm drawing the sims. Townies, my own sims & situations that have happened in the game. It's fun.

    Hello @Ritens :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you enjoyed watching your Dad and brother playing the original sims 1 and then sims 2 and 3. You would have learnt quite a lot from watching them playing , even whilst not playing yourself. It is great that you now own Sims 4 and are enjoying playing it yourself! It is a great way of expressing our creativity and having fun at the same time!
    It is great that you enjoy drawing sims as well. I will look forward to seeing your drawings if you would like to post them in Artist Haven section when you are a full member.
    Happy simming! :)
  • SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    So glad I found the Sims forum... who knew so many others loved and obsessed over the sims like me!?! I started up a youtube channel for fun, but it is developing into something so much more. Love doing the challenges and "meeting" all my fellow simmers.

    If only we could do a multi player on sims live or something :) .

    Anyways, I am SimmChooly, I have been playing sims since the beginning of time (lol). I truly miss Castaway and The Urbz, wish they were compatible with my xbox one. Currently playing Sims 4 and doing a lot of building lately.

    Nice to "meet" everyone!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    SimmChooly wrote: »
    So glad I found the Sims forum... who knew so many others loved and obsessed over the sims like me!?! I started up a youtube channel for fun, but it is developing into something so much more. Love doing the challenges and "meeting" all my fellow simmers.

    If only we could do a multi player on sims live or something :) .

    Anyways, I am SimmChooly, I have been playing sims since the beginning of time (lol). I truly miss Castaway and The Urbz, wish they were compatible with my xbox one. Currently playing Sims 4 and doing a lot of building lately.

    Nice to "meet" everyone!

    Hello @SimmChooly :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is special that you have a simming YouTube channel! Simmers would enjoy watching videos of your sims in your game.
    It is great that you have enjoyed simming on the console versions and now are playing Sims on the computer. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is fun bringing our design ideas into sims game form! It is nice having our sims visit venues we have built.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Bosselady11711Bosselady11711 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Bosselady. I started with the original Sims about 15 years ago and played through Sims 3. I took a 5 year break, and now I'm back to see how I like Sims 4. It seems to be okay, but I already miss some build stuff from Sims 3 - like staircases with platforms, and garages. And about the "Gallery" and this "forum" ... whatever happened to that place where we actually had our own pages and could showcase our stuff there? The gallery just isn't the same! Whenever someone likes one of my lots, or downloads a lot, I can't see who they are or visit their page to see if I like their stuff. Ugh.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top