Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    ethecul wrote: »
    Hello! I'm ethecul, or you can call me Natalie if it's easier. I only joined the new forum last weekend and it's great to be here!

I used to be ArtistByNight on the old forums, though it seems an awful long time ago now! Luckily I am able to play Sims again after a few years and I have missed it so much! God plum the pains of getting a good education lmao!

Thankfully I have a lot more free time (for now) and I look forward to meeting some of you <3

Hello @ethecul :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the new forums!
    It is great that you are able to return back to simming now. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads and enjoy posting about your own simming experiences.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    Hiya... I'm HappyFuzzyKitty, or HFK, and I've been playing the Sims since like 2013 or something like that... 2013 sounds about right. Anyways, I was playing the Sims 3 then (I found out about the Sims by watching over a relative's shoulder while they played at a family get-together), but now I mostly play the Sims 4. (The Sims 3 doesn't work quite right on my newer computer) I got the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe right when it came out, and now I have all the packs except Spooky Stuff and Vampires. The Sims 4 is my favorite game... I play almost every day.

Yeah, that's my simming life.
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Options
    Hiya... I'm HappyFuzzyKitty, or HFK, and I've been playing the Sims since like 2013 or something like that... 2013 sounds about right. Anyways, I was playing the Sims 3 then (I found out about the Sims by watching over a relative's shoulder while they played at a family get-together), but now I mostly play the Sims 4. (The Sims 3 doesn't work quite right on my newer computer) I got the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe right when it came out, and now I have all the packs except Spooky Stuff and Vampires. The Sims 4 is my favorite game... I play almost every day.

Yeah, that's my simming life.

Hello @HappyFuzzyKitty :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming in 2013 by playing Sims 3 . It was great that you discovered about simming at a family get together, and that led you to becoming a simmer and many enjoyable hours of simming ever since!
    It is great that you own nearly all the Sims 4 packs!They add many enjoyable and fun activities to the game for our sims to do! The build/buy mode items are great to use in our builds, and it is nice having our sims wearing the new cas clothing items.
  • Options
    SonoIkeSonoIke Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! I've been playing the sims for a year (i know, i'm new into this) but i've already found how funny making cc is~ i may share when i become a full member ^^ since i'm into many videogames i like to recreate characters from different games into the sims and make them friends. I'm really enjoying the game, totally worth it!
  • Options
    SonoIke wrote: »
    Hi! I've been playing the sims for a year (i know, i'm new into this) but i've already found how funny making cc is~ i may share when i become a full member ^^ since i'm into many videogames i like to recreate characters from different games into the sims and make them friends. I'm really enjoying the game, totally worth it!

Hello @Sonolke :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums and to simming !
    It is great that you create cc for the game! It would be very special seeing your sims wearing it or having it in their home.
    It is very nice that you enjoy recreating in simsgame form characters from video games. They would be fun to watch interacting with each other in your game! The sims 4 cas tools are very helpful in making the sims look how we want them to look like.
    Happy simming! ;)
  • Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    Hi guys! I'm Jerry, but most people call me Dipper. I'm a new CC modder and I'm not really sure how to make a discussion topic yet, but I heard rumor that you need X number of posts and so... well, I guess introducing myself seemed a good way to start with that. :)

How's everyone's gaming?

Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    jerrycnh wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm Jerry, but most people call me Dipper. I'm a new CC modder and I'm not really sure how to make a discussion topic yet, but I heard rumor that you need X number of posts and so... well, I guess introducing myself seemed a good way to start with that. :)

How's everyone's gaming?

Hello @jerrycnh :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

It is great that you are planning to start a thread to post about your cc items :)

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• Options
    jerrycnhjerrycnh Posts: 58 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

It is great that you are planning to start a thread to post about your cc items :)

Heh, I tried to include a link to my first mod but... well, you know how that went. ;) New member and all.

Actually, I have a technical question about python scripting that I need to put in front of the EA developers in order to enhance what I'm doing, and I'm kinda jumping through these hoops to help make my mod better.
    Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.
  • Options
    jerrycnh wrote: »

Heh, I tried to include a link to my first mod but... well, you know how that went. ;) New member and all.

Actually, I have a technical question about python scripting that I need to put in front of the EA developers in order to enhance what I'm doing, and I'm kinda jumping through these hoops to help make my mod better.
    Hello
    I hope that you will soon have the required points/posts needed to become a full member :)
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    Hello my name is UnrealRoot, I like to think of my name as a reference to a magical tree in The Sims. I don't even know if magical trees ever existed in the game through.
    I am a very anti social person and find fitting in with the world difficult. I see plenty of people saying things like "I wanna do this, that" etc. but I honestly have no such dreams. I prefer to sit in doors and play video games and I just enjoy it. It isn't that I have a terrifying fear of the outdoors but I do not find enjoyment in the things others do.
    Maybe I just didn't find what I truly want to do career wise in life yet.

I started playing The Sims in I believe 2009, I started with The Sims 2 and played it for a very long time I got Sims 3 in 2016 (lolz) and played it for a while but I had Sims 4 since February of last year. I enjoy the game and actually really like the cartoonish look the characters have now. I play the Sims with no aging on non playable Sims and playable Sims because I don't want my Sim to die and for things to change (I still remember when I didn't have aging turned off and his grandma died I didn't know her a lot but I still remember it, I hate Sim deaths) and I like having my Sim just live their life forever as a young adult with all their friends there.
  • Options
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    Hello my name is UnrealRoot, I like to think of my name as a reference to a magical tree in The Sims. I don't even know if magical trees ever existed in the game through.
    I am a very anti social person and find fitting in with the world difficult. I see plenty of people saying things like "I wanna do this, that" etc. but I honestly have no such dreams. I prefer to sit in doors and play video games and I just enjoy it. It isn't that I have a terrifying fear of the outdoors but I do not find enjoyment in the things others do.

I started playing The Sims in I believe 2009, I started with The Sims 2 and played it for a very long time I got Sims 3 in 2016 (lolz) and played it for a while but I had Sims 4 since February of last year. I enjoy the game and actually really like the cartoonish look the characters have now. I play the Sims with no aging on non playable Sims and playable Sims because I don't want my Sim to die and for things to change (I still remember when I didn't have aging turned off and his grandma died I didn't know her a lot but I still remember it, I hate Sim deaths) and I like having my Sim just live their life forever as a young adult with all their friends there.

Hello @UnrealRoot :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you first started simming in 2009' by playing Sims 2 , then that led you to play sims 3 and now sims 4. It is good playing with no aging on in your game. Sims dying can be quite upsetting when we grow attached to our sims. They become very special to us, and it is hard if /when they die.
    It is special that your username reflects a magical tree in The Sims <3
  • Options
    countdowntoyesterdaycountdowntoyesterday Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello rosemow!

Thanks for inviting me to the forum; it made me feel really welcome as a new player :smile:. I just got my first real sims game a few months ago as a Christmas present. I had thought about playing the sims years prior but never made the move to do so. I'm so glad I did! Coming home and playing sims is habit for me now. I look forward to playing more, and being involved in sims discussions- and maybe even producing custom content- in the future :smiley:

Jade
  • Options
    Hello rosemow!

Thanks for inviting me to the forum; it made me feel really welcome as a new player :smile:. I just got my first real sims game a few months ago as a Christmas present. I had thought about playing the sims years prior but never made the move to do so. I'm so glad I did! Coming home and playing sims is habit for me now. I look forward to playing more, and being involved in sims discussions- and maybe even producing custom content- in the future :smiley:

Jade

Hello @countdowntoyesterday :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums and simming !
    It was great that you received The Sims as a Christmas present! It was a special present that you received, that you will continue to enjoy using and playing all year around!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads, enjoy reading about the sims in other simmers games as well as posting about your own, and learn new helpful tips about playing the game.

• Options
    My comment really didn't describe myself so I'm also adding this :yum:
    First off, my name is Jade. I was born on May 10th, which makes me a Taurus :innocent:. I am most fun to talk to in the latest hours of the night because I lose almost every bit of the small filter I have when I'm tired. I have a strong RBF, so I try to raise my eyebrows because for some reason I think it makes me look happy and approachable :lol:? I procrastinate way too much, which usually leads to simming while I'm supposed to be doing a paper for English. I have a phobia of illegal drugs. A plastic chair got caught on my leggings and I started to walk out of the cafeteria with a chair stuck to my butt last week. I prefer dogs over cats, and big dogs over small dogs. I'm moving to London with my best friend when we graduate. My favorite type of pasta is penne, and I don't like hamburgers. I want to be a vegetarian but I'm not hardcore enough to stick to it. Metal and Hard Rock make me anxious. I hate when people say things clearly backwards from the way they are supposed to be said (i.e. Jelly and Peanut butter, Phil and Dan), trust me on this- there is a right wait to say it. I like it when my age is an odd number. And I'm rambling at this point? Looking forward to meeting new people :blush:
  • Options
    First off, my name is Jade. I was born on May 10th, which makes me a Taurus :innocent:. I am most fun to talk to in the latest hours of the night because I lose almost every bit of the small filter I have when I'm tired. I have a strong RBF, so I try to raise my eyebrows because for some reason I think it makes me look happy and approachable :lol:? I procrastinate way too much, which usually leads to simming while I'm supposed to be doing a paper for English. I have a phobia of illegal drugs. A plastic chair got caught on my leggings and I started to walk out of the cafeteria with a chair stuck to my butt last week. I prefer dogs over cats, and big dogs over small dogs. I'm moving to London with my best friend when we graduate. My favorite type of pasta is penne, and I don't like hamburgers. I want to be a vegetarian but I'm not hardcore enough to stick to it. Metal and Hard Rock make me anxious. I hate when people say things clearly backwards from the way they are supposed to be said (i.e. Jelly and Peanut butter, Phil and Dan), trust me on this- there is a right wait to say it. I like it when my age is an odd number. And I'm rambling at this point? Looking forward to meeting new people :blush:
  • Options

It is great that you first started simming in 2009' by playing Sims 2 , then that led you to play sims 3 and now sims 4. It is good playing with no aging on in your game. Sims dying can be quite upsetting when we grow attached to our sims. They become very special to us, and it is hard if /when they die.
    Yeah it is so long ago! I enjoyed the journey through. I feel that The Sims grown with me :) which is a nice feeling.
    Yes I love playing with no aging because I don't feel pressure or a feeling that I won't be able to play with my Sim forever, but right now I can just not rush and do anything I want exploring the game to the fullest. I can get my Sim to have a indoors day without worrying that they are getting older.
    Yeah it is, I think my username reflects the magical tree that leads to a secret neighbourhood in Sims 4.

So do you play often? How many hours do you have? Right now I have 80 something hours, however I ate too much soup and won't stand up to check the exact time on my pc lolz

• Options

Hello
    Thankyou for the added information about yourself :) Happy simming!
  • Options

Yeah it is so long ago! I enjoyed the journey through. I feel that The Sims grown with me :) which is a nice feeling.
    Yes I love playing with no aging because I don't feel pressure or a feeling that I won't be able to play with my Sim forever, but right now I can just not rush and do anything I want exploring the game to the fullest. I can get my Sim to have a indoors day without worrying that they are getting older.
    Yeah it is, I think my username reflects the magical tree that leads to a secret neighbourhood in Sims 4.

So do you play often? How many hours do you have? Right now I have 80 something hours, however I ate too much soup and won't stand up to check the exact time on my pc lolz

Hello
    It is great that you have been playing for 80 hours. Happy simming! :)
  • Options

Hello
    Thankyou for the added information about yourself :) Happy simming!

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    avocatoavocato Posts: 11 New Member
    Hallo Hallo, my name is Cat. I'm 23 years young and mommy to 3 young children. I've played sims2 on the playstation, sims3 on xbox, sims3 with most of the packs for MAC, and currently the new favorite of course, sims4 with some packs. Slowly...slowly..earning my way towards more. The cat needs more money for more packs T-T
  • Options
    avocato wrote: »
    Hallo Hallo, my name is Cat. I'm a mommy to 3 young children. I've played sims2 on the playstation, sims3 on xbox, sims3 with most of the packs for MAC, and currently the new favorite of course, sims4 with some packs. Slowly...slowly..earning my way towards more. The cat needs more money for more packs T-T

Hello @avocato :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming by playing both the console versions as well as the Mac versions. Each sims version is fun to play! It is great that you own some of the Sims 4 packs. I hope that you may be able to purchase another pack soon!
    Sending a little wave to your three children :) Perhaps one day they may become a simmer like yourself! You would enjoy simming as a break in the midst of your busy family life as a loving Mom to your kids.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    avocatoavocato Posts: 11 New Member
    avocato wrote: »
    Hallo Hallo, my name is Cat. I'm a mommy to 3 young children. I've played sims2 on the playstation, sims3 on xbox, sims3 with most of the packs for MAC, and currently the new favorite of course, sims4 with some packs. Slowly...slowly..earning my way towards more. The cat needs more money for more packs T-T

Hello @avocato :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming by playing both the console versions as well as the Mac versions. Each sims version is fun to play! It is great that you own some of the Sims 4 packs. I hope that you may be able to purchase another pack soon!
    Sending a little wave to your three children :) Perhaps one day they may become a simmer like yourself! You would enjoy simming as a break in the midst of your busy family life as a loving Mom to your kids.
    Happy simming ! :)

Oh they surely like to try. I have a habit of leaving my game up on pause and I find my little turdnuggets using all the money to build weird walls ontop of walls. They love to build, even though they have no idea. They just think the sounds are funny. <3 As soon as they learn to read, I'll be letting them have a wack at it.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I'm Revenwyn, I was introduced to The Sims at the age of 27 on New Year's Eve, 2009.

Six months later I bought The Sims 3 for myself and ended up with most of the expansions. I currently play both Sims 3 and Sims 4.

I don't really follow any simmers however. I just kinda do my own thing.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    Revenwyn wrote: »
    I'm Revenwyn, I was introduced to The Sims on New Year's Eve, 2009.

Six months later I bought The Sims 3 for myself and ended up with most of the expansions. I currently play both Sims 3 and Sims 4.

I don't really follow any simmers however. I just kinda do my own thing.

Hello @Revenwyn :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you were first introduced to simming on New Years Eve 2009 then that led to buying sims 3 later on in the New Year. It is great that you own most of the Sims 3 packs. They add many new features, activities, worlds and build/buy mode and cas items to the game! Simming is fun!
  • Options
    zeebem10zeebem10 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey! I'm Zach, but online I tend to go by Zee. I was first introduced to The Sims by my dad when I was 8, and I've loved playing ever since! As of now, I'm 16 and a sophomore in high school. I've never really played too much with packs, so I've slowly been realizing just how awesome they are, and have been buying some when affordable. Anyway, I want to end up as a writer of some sort, through screenwriting, being a novelist, or otherwise. So, for me, The Sims has always been a cool way to play out different stories and get the creative juices flowing. Plus, I really enjoy making Sims in CAS, and I tend to put a lot of effort into the Sims I create.

Happy Simming, and have a great rest of your day! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top