Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resort Strategies

The thing that grabbed my attention the most when watching the trailer for this pack was the resort aspect. I am fairly new to Island Paridise, and I'd like to hear some strategies that you may have. I figured I would just get the free resort and listen to the resort reveiws. Does this work well?

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes, reading the reviews helps, but you can't add everything they want right away. I only move up half a star each day. I had a sim dive to make money for improvements. I added a new tower each day, but didn't upgrade a tower until the end as that is way more expensive. I also added a new buffet table each day and I clicked on the buffet table thats there to change it from breakfast to lunch to dinner each day. I set the quality of food to high first and then set the type of food. They'll want a pool, but complain if it's too small, not clean, or has too much clorine. They also like a fire pit and a hot tub set to hot. They want a few more landscape items and three cheap bushes does that. They also want a gym with enough equipment (four run machines) and a bar. They'll ask for an expensive pool bar, but I get a late night bar. They'll also want a food stand. That is relatively cheap and one of the first things I add, set at high quality with good workers around the clock. I also add a high maintenance staff. Don't skimp on quality. Always set to high and run things 24/7 (except the food stand... I didn't do the night shift and they never complained). Also, make sure to click on room service.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I run resorts like a boss!!! and am here to help.First off you can have a 5 star resort easy and pull huge profits on a small investment.The biggest costs will be the 4k and 10k to upgrade the resort towers then the hot tub,and pool.Currently in Sunset Valley I just got mine to 5 stars and make HUGE!!! money a day on a small plot with only 2 beach resort towers and 2 of the small bungalos that cannot be upgraded.Am pulling in 10k a day which does not sound massive but think about what I said as far as cost goes.

2 resort towers fully upgraded is 28,000 .....bungalos cannot be upgraded so will not count the cost they are cheap
    Lets say my hot tub was 6,000
    My pool 10,000

the rest of the stuff is cheap but lets make up estimates

8,000 for the land
    a treadmill 1,600
    a weight bench 2,000
    2 ballet barret bars 2,000 :) they count by the way for resorts and are cheap am just showing you something they are less than 1k a piece
    2 fire walk pits 2,400
    lets say 6 buffet bars I think they are 800 a piece so 4,800

added up thats 64,800 simoleans I spent on the main stuff

I make 10,000 a day sitting on my sim bumm thats 70,000 a week...In one sim week I will have paid for my resort then the rest of my life I will bring in 10,000 a day

Tip time

1.Go slow always upgrade slowly for several reasons,one its cheaper,two to get every single lifetime reward bonus like own a 1 star,a 2 star resort etc,plus it makes it easier.

2.I start every resort the same first buy the land then do not open till you have a few extra simoleans I begin every resort the same a 12x12 box house which becomes your main lobby,your buffet area and bar, yes it fits all and even holds 7 different buffet tables all while being uncrowded but just with your box lobby one starting buffet table and a few resort towers which are cheap, you bring in simoleans I will post pics for you.

3.Read reviews to get ideas but simply add a tiny amount a day like for example you have your box lobby one breakfast buffet(every time you add one max quality on them) and your one maintenance worker set at max 2 resort towers on Tuesday at a affordable price, on Wed add 2 palm trees and a bungalo the unupgradable one with the profits you made at an affordable price.By the way customers numbers are way more important than the resort stuff early on :) more people = more money

4.Check the most important stat after doing anything and that is occupancy number if yours says 35/35 and your price is set at affordable experiment by changing to moderate pricing and if it still says 35/35 keep it moderate.

5.Now it is Friday you decide to take a risk in life and sell your toilet and shower and bed at home to make upgrades on your resort ( go ahead because when you own a resort you can freshen up and turn in for the night there for free and can meet all needs there too including social of course.Anyway it is Friday you use your money and buy a firewalk pit set to hot,mid range gives the least complaints then you decide to get a dinner buffet going to go with your breakfast then add some flowers to your property and a cheap poster or 2.

6.Save your LTR points for the all important Hotel Mogul reward along the way

7.Now just be patient and continue working on the box lobby you have ignoring the reviews about wanting expensive hot tubs and pools the small stuff can get you money for that later such as landscaping things and new buffet types and a few decor items a few at a time remember.If you see a plus sign it means it added to the value.

8.Ok you are bringing in a decent steady amount and that 5k you have is burning a hole in your wallet and the lil guy on your shoulder says lets get a hot tub.Nooooooo punch your conscience in the face because more customers equals more money instead of a hot tub we can upgrade a tower with 4k and add a 2nd bungalow and a few more palm trees for the same price as that stupid bubble shooter.Also a good time to add a 2nd maintenance guy.

9.It is sunday and you continue to be fully booked but with lack of amenities it is not wise yet to go expensive resort yet so now it is time to just make a small change we are going to add a 2nd firewalk pit set at cool temperature to appeal to the babies and now we are toggling room service on all towers and making our desk clerk work 24 hours a day because WE CAN!! she is our puppet and if we say you will work without sleep and food the rest of your life then it shall be done.

10.Socialize and flirt with your staff or woohoo in the resort tower with your desk clerk or whatever you want to do till you get 4k to upgrade your second tower(any time you feel like it add a different buffet type the box house was meant to hold 7).I personally like the realism of slowly upgrading using profits only buy you can spend your day collecting gems and bugs to sell for money,I like a realistic feel of a struggling sim who sold his bed and bummed 20 simoleans off his Mom to realize his dream of Being Donald Trump.Remember to do anything possible to fullfill wishes for points to get Hotel mogul just a reminder.

11.Ok whatever day it is now by the time you upgraded the second tower it is time to save for the biggest gripe from customers and that is a pool.Do not strive for a massive pool because for one it will avoid deaths at your resort I like a simple pool that can accomodate a slide on one end a diving board on another and a waterfall later on one of the sides the empty side will have 2 ladders.

12.After building the pool you will now save for like 2 days to build your 2nd box this will be your gym and hot tub area but first just a box with one light and 2 pieces of equipment one treadmill one bench.Also a few more trees and a couple flowers will be nice.

13.Profits now will be quite decent enough to add coolness things like first a food stand and now is a good time to test the waters and make your resort expensive if you can.Do not forget to chlorinate your pool and max your food stand quality.

14.Keep repeating and eventually add your hot tub followed by a professional bar(added to the box lobby) but by now you can start upgrading stuff when you can and improving along the way like decor and landscaping and the eventual 10k tower upgrades do not forget to add spa services.

Pictures of my tiny 5 star resort in SV

If you wonder why so many different Sims are in SV its because my town is fully!!! populated and I have Sims from every expansion neigborhood and store neighborhood in my Sunset Valley all without Mods too :cookie: have told people a billion times how to play this game but nobody listens that is another story for another day.

Welcome to Sunset Paradise

Box lobby front desk

Screenshot-455_zpsbbwv3ymj.jpg

Box lobby notice all those Sims are from different places,I love my town never empty anywhere.

Screenshot-424_zpsighsjmzz.jpg

At my bar in my box lobby again notice something odd :O that is in fact Nina and Dina Caliente that is now 8 Sims just in my lobby 10 counting the desk clerk and the mixologist

Screenshot-445_zpsop0qqcf3.jpg

My setup on a small lot it became 5 star

Bottom left building box lobby
    behind that pool
    food cart by pool
    bottom right building gym and hot tub plus mine has a steam it up sauna 2 ballet barrets and a get up get down dance floor
    2 fire pits behind gym
    2 level 2 resort towers at the time pic was taken
    2 bungalos

Screenshot-444_zpsij2ehfiv.jpg

Remember you can customize the staffs outfit makeup and hair

Also by clicking on the towers each has 3 color presets not just the one it starts with

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It was interesting reading your approach.

Personally, the snack shack is one of the first things I add. It doesn't cost that much, and the sims love it.

I don't get all the breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets. I click on the buffet table at meal changing times and change it manually.

I always set buffets to highest quality before I set what type of food.

I start with just one maintenance staff at highest quality too.

I only upgrade one of my resort towers fully.

And I use MoveObjects on/off to place a resort tower into the back of another and into the side as well.

screenshot-891.jpg?w=300&h=225

screenshot-911.jpg?w=300&h=225

screenshot-97.jpg?w=300&h=225

screenshot-981.jpg?w=300&h=225

screenshot-1211.jpg?w=300&h=225

screenshot-141.jpg?w=300&h=225

:smiley:

Thanks for letting me know the ballet bars count. That I didn't know.