Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Sims supposed to Troll autonomously?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
Edit: I'm posting as a bug since Sims regardless of traits will Troll autonomously and there's no Mod that prevents AIs from doing it. I've also listed it in What bugs aren't fixed in July 9 update?.

I am having a problem with the AI where one of the Sims decides to Troll teh Forums autonomously. One of the Sims who does this is Jennifer but the weird thing is that Jennifer doesn't have the bad traits.

Here's Jennifer's traits
TS4%20Jennifer%27s%20Traits.png?psid=1

I was wondering if they're supposed to "Troll the Forums" autonomously, it makes sense for Sims with bad traits such as Evil but I find it inappropriate for a Good Sim to autonomously Troll the Forums. I've been having this since since 2014. Reminds be of another AI error in TS3 where the Sims' AI will always use Berate Ignorance, a Mean social.

Edit: It appears that someone on Mod the Sims is also complaining about this issue, the thread is here.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    My evil Sim did that all the time. Maybe your Webmaster trait is contributing to it? Geek might, as well.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like it might just be a random computer interaction, chosen by the game, to increase your sims fun? Maybe? So the game might not take your sims personality into consideration when choosing an automated interaction on the computer in order to increase fun. Idk, just guessing lol.

Or maybe because she's a geek? This happened to one of my geek sims too, but she didn't troll the forums all the time
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Most of my sims do it autonomously. I just assumed its a natural progression for them as there's a mischief trait for all sims not just the evil ones.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Sounds like it might just be a random computer interaction, chosen by the game, to increase your sims fun? Maybe? So the game might not take your sims personality into consideration when choosing an automated interaction on the computer in order to increase fun. Idk, just guessing lol.

Or maybe because she's a geek? This happened to one of my geek sims too, but she didn't troll the forums all the time
    I'm guessing it might be the Geek trait. All my Sims have Carefree so they never get Tense but Fun still goes down. The game attempts to auto-command Sims to do something so their Fun levels are raised.
    My evil Sim did that all the time. Maybe your Webmaster trait is contributing to it? Geek might, as well.
    It does make sense that Evil Sims Troll autonomously but I do find it weird how Good Sims will do it also.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    isn't trolling the forums a level 1 mischief skill, though? which would mean that it's available to every sim to do autonomously- like when your sim autonomously invites another sim to a fake party and gains the mischief skill...
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    isn't trolling the forums a level 1 mischief skill, though? which would mean that it's available to every sim to do autonomously- like when your sim autonomously invites another sim to a fake party and gains the mischief skill...

I'm told that the Sim unlocks it when they get Mischief Level 2. I find it strange how they can Troll the forums right away.
  • ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

I'm told that the Sim unlocks it when they get Mischief Level 2. I find it strange how they can Troll the forums right away.

Well, clearly, as in real life, trolling the forums doesn't take much skill...
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah my Sims seem to do it a lot, even the nice ones. And then they end up with a ton of mischief skill and trash relationships with it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    With the amount of trolling on this forum it seems that your Sims decided to join in :stuck_out_tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Maybe the sims are trolling us.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes they do that, sometimes at the expense of taking care of their babies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Almost every sim I've ever had that's had a computer has been obsessed with trolling the forums. I assume it's because it fills social and fun. I've actually kept the computer in the family inventory for some households and only took it out when I wanted them to write or something.
    Well @crinrict wasn't sure if it's a bug or by design but it's being looked into. If any of your Sims tried to troll, did they have the Evil or Geek traits?
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    My sim is doing that too. She's squeamish, quick learner, and um. Something else.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Heck I dont know my sim and sims in the neighborhood are always doing those irritating push ups
  • matthewb82matthewb82 Posts: 49 Member
    At least it is better than the Sims 3, where every Sim was obsessed with playing computer games at eardrum-popping volume.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    matthewb82 wrote: »
    At least it is better than the Sims 3, where every Sim was obsessed with playing computer games at eardrum-popping volume.

Mine liked the sprinklers :)
    Then again my TS4 sims have a rather unhealthy obsession with the stereo.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Mine don't do that. I'd have to punish them if they did ...
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    matthewb82 wrote: »

Mine liked the sprinklers :)
    Then again my TS4 sims have a rather unhealthy obsession with the stereo.

shhhh don't mention the sprinklers, we just might get them again.
    Don't talk to load but my sims were addicted to the sprinklers.
    I do find that they are not addicted to the phone like they use to. thank goodness. that drove me crazy.
    they do like the stereo and dancing, but maybe they are raising their fun level. I don't know.
    Yea, they don't seem to be so obsessed with the computer like they use to either.
    Now they are excessive talkers. :)

• AkirukaAkiruka Posts: 47 Member
    It's soo annoying, my sims have neither the evil/mean nor the geek trait, yet do it all the time! Both have the good trait, so it shouldn't be in their personality to do this. I don't want them to level up mischief! :|
  • jciciddjcicidd Posts: 32 New Member
    I don't know about trolling, but my sims constantly wanted to play Blickblock on the computer. Kind of annoying, really, so I just put the computer in the inventory only to be taken out when my sim needs to fill out her papers for her Business career.
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Yeah, really wish EA would make the computer interactions more balanced.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Computer interactions have always been overly attractive (at least back til Sims 2, don't remember how it was in Sims 1). I think EA was trying to make a funny comment about modern life, but they kind of failed if that was their intent.
  • Sometimes, good sims like to be bad on occasion. Just like in real life.
    I love TS4!