Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long did Sims 4 take to install for you?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have real fast internet too - and can reinstall the game , all eps, gps and sps in less than a half hour. My base was a disk too, but once it was installed you no longer use the disk as it has to install from the disk as well as from Origin so it could be slow without fast internet. But I have Metrocast 150 - Just like I downloaded and installed the newest gp recently and it took less then 2 minutes.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    Mine took 20-30 min.. not joking
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Depends on your internet speed but mine takes between 20-30 minutes! :smile:
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    Hi! I recently got a new computer and I'm reinstalling all my games onto it. I have every dlc and it's taking a little bit longer than expected for it all the finish. Am I able to play the game, whats installed, without interfering with the rest of it installing?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    It would be best to wait until all the packs have installed, then start playing the game then.
    Congratulations on your new computer! :) Happy simming on it!
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It would be best to wait until all the packs have installed, then start playing the game then.
    Congratulations on your new computer! :) Happy simming on it!

Thank you!
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    Unless you have a heavy duty fiber optic internet and good specs then yes, it be best to just wait it out.
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    mine took 11 minutes, but that is just because I got fiber ops.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I always wait it out no matter the computer or internet speed. Best results.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mollyabcmollyabc Posts: 1 New Member
    first time installing it it took 48 hours to download.
    i'm downloading it on a new laptop that i haven't downloaded anything else on at all. been about two hours now and it is at 5%, so it'll be around the 2 day mark again. oh boy i do so love my internet provider.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Depends how close the PC is to the router or hub for wi fi. I always move my fully charged laptop close for that when downloading (especially Windows 10 updates) as the hub is in a different room. I'm supposed to get 100 MPS fibre optic (inner city) but usually get about 56 and it only takes a few minutes.

I've got a 12 metre ethernet cable just in case wi fi fails and it did come in handy with Windows 10 wi fi driver fails last year.
  • enchiladadenchiladad Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought it last night and it said it would take around 7 hours to install, but I wasn't surprised because I live in a rural and have horrible internet. 2 hours later it was around 37%. I paused the download so I could go to sleep and woke up at around 9:30, started the download again, and it's now on 81%. I don't think it'll actually take 7 hours, though. But I'm really excited to play the game for the first time
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    25-35 min ( I have everything except spooky stuff). I had to do it again recently when figuring out how to make treyimporter work on Mac.

I had to install sims 4 again recently, but this time on gaming pc. It took a bit longer than on Macbook pro.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    2 days. Had terrible terrible internet. But now things download within a few minutes.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
    enchiladad wrote: »
    I bought it last night and it said it would take around 7 hours to install, but I wasn't surprised because I live in a rural and have horrible internet. 2 hours later it was around 37%. I paused the download so I could go to sleep and woke up at around 9:30, started the download again, and it's now on 81%. I don't think it'll actually take 7 hours, though. But I'm really excited to play the game for the first time

Hello @enchiladad
    I hope that your game is fully installed now.
    It is exciting that you are starting to play Sims 4 for the first time!
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    Happy sims 4 simming! :)
  • enchiladadenchiladad Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > enchiladad wrote: »
    >
    > I bought it last night and it said it would take around 7 hours to install, but I wasn't surprised because I live in a rural and have horrible internet. 2 hours later it was around 37%. I paused the download so I could go to sleep and woke up at around 9:30, started the download again, and it's now on 81%. I don't think it'll actually take 7 hours, though. But I'm really excited to play the game for the first time
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @enchiladad
    > I hope that your game is fully installed now.
    > It is exciting that you are starting to play Sims 4 for the first time!
    > Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    > http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    > Happy sims 4 simming! :)

thank you, it did install and i've been having a lot of fun with it (i'm currently downloading city living as well). i know how to play because i've watched a ton of videos on it but it's really life changing the first time you play it yourself
    enchiladad wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > enchiladad wrote: »
    >
    > I bought it last night and it said it would take around 7 hours to install, but I wasn't surprised because I live in a rural and have horrible internet. 2 hours later it was around 37%. I paused the download so I could go to sleep and woke up at around 9:30, started the download again, and it's now on 81%. I don't think it'll actually take 7 hours, though. But I'm really excited to play the game for the first time
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @enchiladad
    > I hope that your game is fully installed now.
    > It is exciting that you are starting to play Sims 4 for the first time!
    > Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    > http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    > Happy sims 4 simming! :)

thank you, it did install and i've been having a lot of fun with it (i'm currently downloading city living as well). i know how to play because i've watched a ton of videos on it but it's really life changing the first time you play it yourself

Hello :)
    It is great that you are having lots of fun playing the game. It would be enjoyable playing the game yourself after watching many YouTube videos about it. Happy sims 4 simming! :)
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    26 hours...
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    You people that get it under an hour are SO lucky, what kind of monster computer do you have?!? xDDD
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• SkahtalaSkahtala Posts: 1 New Member
    On day 4 and at 67%...
    Skahtala wrote: »
    On day 4 and at 67%...

Hello @Skahtala
    It shouldn’t be taking as long as that. Is the percentage still increasing or has it stopped moving ?
  • xXCookie_WolfXxxXCookie_WolfXx Posts: 2 New Member
    The download is horrible, (that's what it is currently doing) and I think I have fairly good internet speed however i'm not sure how to check it, (I such at technology) but mine doesn't say what percent it's on? It's just said finalising for the past hour and a half :neutral: ! Is this normal? Or should I start again?!

Please help me :smiley: xD!
  • xXCookie_WolfXxxXCookie_WolfXx Posts: 2 New Member
    :( Someone save me xD! (from both the download and my terrible grammar/English :p)
    edited November 2017
    The download is horrible, (that's what it is currently doing) and I think I have fairly good internet speed however i'm not sure how to check it, (I such at technology) but mine doesn't say what percent it's on? It's just said finalising for the past hour and a half :neutral: ! Is this normal? Or should I start again?!

Please help me :smiley: xD!

Hello @xXCookie_WolfXx
    Try logging out of origin. Then log back in again and see if that helps with the issue.