March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cheat console won't open?

124...Next

Comments

• SnaditSnadit Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I got the same problem a week ago but I found a solution (at pc). On my keyboard I got CTRL + SHIFT at the left and when I pressed them it didnt work. Now I realized that I got also the same buttons on the right side of my keyboard, under ENTER and if I press them + C it worked for me. Hope it will help someone of u guys :)
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    There is definitely an error where Ctrl-Shift-C stops working without it being a problem with the keyboard. One of my friends and I (both on Macs) have had this problem. It's always fixed by simply restarting the game for us, but it seems possible that it could be more severe for others.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    There is definitely an error where Ctrl-Shift-C stops working without it being a problem with the keyboard. One of my friends and I (both on Macs) have had this problem. It's always fixed by simply restarting the game for us, but it seems possible that it could be more severe for others.

Do you ever use the little search box to look for items in build/buy mode?

apple-signature.png

Yes, I definitely do, but I'm unsure if she does.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member

Ok thanks. And are you sure that the little search box is not active when you're trying to bring up the cheat console? Because if it is then the cheat console won't pop up :)
    apple-signature.png

Ok thanks. And are you sure that the little search box is not active when you're trying to bring up the cheat console? Because if it is then the cheat console won't pop up :)

Yeah, I'm sure. I typically use the box in live mode, and it still doesn't come up. It's not a super frequent problem; it seems to happen only on households with a lot of sims.
  • morpho197morpho197 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm using my MacBook Air and I've been using the 'cas.fulleditmode' cheat for ages, like literally 6 months. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore - this isn't on 'my household' this is on other sims around the town, I used to change everyone I met but now I can't change anyone!! Help! Ps I still do the testing cheats true thing etc I'm not doing anything different :)
  • AnonymousWyrvenAnonymousWyrven Posts: 1 New Member
    So I had the same problem, only none of my shortcut keys were working, so I exited out of the game and just waited a few moments before entering it again. It worked for me, so there's that option. (I'm using Windows by the way, I'm pretty sure this can work with Mac users)
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Unfortunately this does not work as most of the problems are due to keyboard configurations.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • IsabbbbbbbIsabbbbbbb Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,
    I've an other problem, actually. Because I downloaded the sims 4 on my pc and everything worked fine but now I've got a MacBook and I downloaded the sims 4 but now I can't open the cheat bar anymore. When I try CTRL+SHIFT+C it makes a screenshot! That's because of the C. But when I just watch movies on Netflix or search something on safari and I try C, it doesn't do anything. So can someone help me??
    Sounds like a keyboard configuration problem. Please let us know if you are using an International keyboard setting other than the US/UK one.
  • CivusCivus Posts: 1 New Member
    TO FIX THIS ISSUE:

1. Make a completely new save using "SAVE AS.." You do not want to save over your original file. If the next step does not fix the issue, you wont be able to go back to an old save!!!

2. RESTART THE GAME.

3. LOAD THE NEW GAME FILE. Try using SHIFT + CTRL + C. It should be fixed now. Seems the game stops recognizing the command sometimes. Memory leak or something.
    Civus wrote: »
    TO FIX THIS ISSUE:

1. Make a completely new save using "SAVE AS.." You do not want to save over your original file. If the next step does not fix the issue, you wont be able to go back to an old save!!!

2. RESTART THE GAME.

3. LOAD THE NEW GAME FILE. Try using SHIFT + CTRL + C. It should be fixed now. Seems the game stops recognizing the command sometimes. Memory leak or something.

While this may work for those using standard US/UK keyboards, it does not work for many who have a different keyboard. They still will need to set their keyboards to the US/UK configuration to get the cheat console to work.