Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite season and why?

Comments

• SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    In RL I'm all about the winter, cause I love the snow and ice and well X-mas of course. But in the game I really love the Fall. Love the bobbing for apples, pie eating contest. Also I love the summer in Starlight Shores(town I'm playing in lately), cause they have the electronic games out and skeeball games to play. Not to mention the performance park area is where it's held in SS too. So it's really fun and festive. I like winter a bit in the game too cause of the igloos and the snowboarding ramp. But at the same time the snowing lags my game sometimes and it becomes majorly irksome the 90+ snow days the sims kids get at times. Kind of why I try and plot and have my sims have kids during the late part of summer so they can grow up in the fall and get that boost to doing their homework then too. Or right at the end of winter so they can grow up in spring. I'm not a big fan of all the rain in spring in real time or in the game but no real lag either with rain coming down.

Although my one singer sim's car totally blew up in a thunderstorm cause it was hit by lightening LOL. Thankfully she wasn't in it!
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I love the outdoor activities in winter - skating on ponds, snowball fights, snowmen and igloos...
    And with the greenhouse they can actually garden in winter, too.
    Not to mention the performance park area is where it's held in plum too.
    This throwing fruit around by EA is getting ridiculous. I think that was Starlight Shores. Not Secret Service, Social Secrurity, Same Subject, Special Staff, Single Stitch, or even Schutzstaffel.
  • WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    Winter, because I love snow. It makes everything so beautiful. And what can be better than open presents on snowflake day front of the fireplace...
  • SarahxValentineSarahxValentine Posts: 269 Member
    It's between winter and fall. They're so fun. I love the snow in winter. I like the challenges they add. I love my sims to freeze....lol. And the holidays. I love to have big parties for the family..

Summer is useless to me. I don't really like pool parties or anything like that.
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    In real I love summer and hate winter, but in the game it is opposite! Winter is really beautiful, and snow makes every word look stunning. Snowflake day is also my favorite holiday and i really love throwing gift giving parties!
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • dayhaudidayhaudi Posts: 71 Member
    my favorite is fall. its so pretty, there is a lot to & it doesn't cause me lag like winter xD
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I wish seasons was in the sims 4 already!
  • NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    Irl winter is my favorite. :heart: I love when everything is frozen over, and how everything looks so calm and pure when it's covered in snow.

In the Sims, the snow tends to make my game laggy, and I can never find my newspapers and bills under it... And I can't stand those snow days, because it keeps my kids' grades down and then they age up with horrible traits (I play without cheats). :rage:
    So I prefer autumn, because I love the colored leaves, the festivals, the pumpkins... Spring and summer are kinda boring to me :blush:
    beville wrote: »
    I wish seasons was in the sims 4 already!

Aww yes... I hope they won't keep us waiting as long as in TS3!! I really miss weather in my TS4.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • smile2781smile2781 Posts: 1 New Member
    normally I love winter but in the game I find you are limited in things to do when it's winter so id say that
  • kaylade5154kaylade5154 Posts: 144 Member
    winter for sure
    but the autumn thunder storms make me scared LOL
  • SoJazzySoJazzy Posts: 611 Member
    Spring, because that's when my birthday falls into.
    Still have two more years of high school, wish me luck!
  • Bell2015Bell2015 Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2015
    In real life it's spring because I hate winter irl and I am so happy it's over with. But on the game surprisingly I LOVE WINTER. Probably because I can't feel the cold I'm not a fan of the cold lol. I love how your sims can go snowboarding and ice skating it's really cool.
    Post edited by Bell2015 on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Winter, because it make the alpine chalet I built for Hidden Springs look awesome. :)

2L0Za82.jpg
  • AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    Spring. It's like a bursting season where everything is returning to life.
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    Really a toss up between winter and summer. Winter because I live in a place where we don't get snow. I love the beauty of snow gathering on the trees, twinkling at night, and the snow activities! Summer, because I love the swimming, boating, snorkeling and diving activities!
  • LizzieRa17LizzieRa17 Posts: 30 Member
    I like fall in the Sims, because there is so much to do like trick or treating, carving pumpkins, and making leaf piles.
    In IRL I can't decide between winter and summer. My birthday and Christmas are in winter but there is no school and its warm in Summer.
    Siggy loading..................................0% Complete
    <3
  • natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    My favourite season in the Sims 3 has to be Winter. First of all, it just makes the town look beautiful and cozy. I love lighting the fireplaces and making my sims build snowmen and looking out the frosted windows <3 Oh, and the festivals of course!
  • twinsister27twinsister27 Posts: 530 Member
    In real life, summer is my favourite season because my birthday, no school, and sun and warm weather, and I don't like Winter IRL.
    In The Sims 3, Winter is my favourite season because snow days, snowstorms, and snowball fights and igloo making, and I don't like summer in game because....well it doesn't feel like summer. Kids still go to school and parents go to work all day, so it doesn't feel like summer in game.
  • JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    I love the Winter season for the same reasons others posted. Also because I can hang lights on the houses, decorate for Xmas, exchange gifts with friends and family etc. Seasons is my favorite really.
  • Gaming_BrosGaming_Bros Posts: 36 Member
    I can't stand the harsh winters and weather we have here in Indiana...But in game, winter looks so awesome, especially in towns with a lot of freshwater with a rocky outcrop like Hidden Springs
    11ec45537fda2321d675e48f44117110.png
    Weekly The Sims 3 & 4 Let's Play videos on our YouTube channel. Check us out below & subscribe!

Let's Play The Sims 3 Generations: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Let's Play The Sims 3 University: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/OfficialGamingBros/

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've grown to prefer Summer. One, for the gardening. Two, for the potential suntan/sunburn. And three, there's less rain than in Spring/Fall. Especially after I've customized the weather with NRaas Tempest.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    As in reality my favourites from first to last would be Winter, Autumn, Spring and Summer. I love the changing seasons, skeletal trees, smelling fireplaces, the snow and the great feeling of family and festivities coming towards the end of the year. I enjoy chilly winds, falling leaves and the smell of the fallen leaves, starting to see your breath in the air and calmer, darker evenings. If I only had to choose two, these would be my favourites. Spring, mown grass, warm rains and unfortunately for me a surge in my year round allergies! Summer is nice, but honestly too hot for me. The heat in Ireland is not a dry heat, it's a wet and humid heat and often times it just gets to be too much for me!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • CrystalShimmerCrystalShimmer Posts: 59 Member
    IRL we don't have winter, fall or spring :( we just have summer all year long and some rainy season...that's why i think i like fall and winter, but winter the most because all the snow activities that i can't do IRL :) and i don't like spring because all the leaves from fall won't go away!! I can't dispose all the leaves on the town so in springs everything looks terrible and i don't like it..I like summer only when i put summer on all 4 seasons on isla paradiso or a thing like that
    Just Living Life One Day At A Time
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Autumn and winter make the world so beautiful. The snow is gorgeous and the autumn colors just brighten the towns.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • annekurisannekuris Posts: 13 New Member
    Winter, just as in real life :) I adore snow, and the fact that you can hang Christmas lights up on the roof of your house is just wonderfull. It's always so cozy when the Christmas tree is already in the living room, and to invite lots of Sims to our house.