Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Áspiration fulfilled without reaching the prerequisites

I have a household with a ghost Sim, her daughter and the daughters wife (yes, a lesbian relationship ;) ).

The ghost Sim was at level 3/4 of her Culinary Aspiration.
The only thing missing for getting to 4/4 was, to reach level 8 in the culinary career (said ghost Sim was just level 3, although her cooking skills would have been sufficed for level 8 of the cook branch of the career).

Well, daughter and her wife went on a date, while ghost mum stayed home.
When daughters date was over and they returned to the home, I suddenly got the notification that mothers Culinary Aspiration was complete.
(which, of course, normally wouldn´t be possible because of the lacking level in the coking career)

I can only assume that the engine, upon return, checked the mothers levels in cooking/gourmet cooking, saw that they were sufficient for a level of 8+ in the culinary career, and therefore falsely concluded that she already has (or had) such a level in the culinary career

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Something similar happened to one of my Sims right after the patch that dumbed down changed aspiration requirements. One of her requirements to achieve the aspiration was to reach level 8 of the criminal career (she was level 3 or 4, I believe), but it was marked as complete; I have no clue why. There were no other criminals in the household. I chalked it up to her being mid-aspiration when the game was patched, but I've read of others having this same problem with various aspirations. It always seems to have to do with reaching level 8 of some career.

• surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    That happened to me too multiple times, with the culinary and mixology aspiration. I mean, its kinda nice because it is hard to get promoted, it just takes forever, but it would be nice to actually complete the aspiration..