Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend Glitch?

Hey, so I've been having this glitch where my sims IF (teen) will be in its sim form when I haven't given him the potion to make him real yet. He looks like this: i.gyazo.com/31c934130e11513e2cb4fe98cba87f83.png

Any ideas on how to help? Thanks!
tumblr_mub46s5VJ51so0aeto1_500.gif

Comments

• SimLover48702SimLover48702 Posts: 153 Member
    add http: // to the screenshot to access it
    tumblr_mub46s5VJ51so0aeto1_500.gif
  • MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    Sorry I can't help you, but that has happened to me too! I'm not sure why it happens, and it's quite annoying -- I don't like the imaginary friends to begin with.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I hate the IFs. They always cause problems in my games so I delete them the second they appear. My recent vampire couple, their twin girls got two IF. I thought I'd give them another chance. THEN....the girls aged up to children and something freaky happened with the IFs. I started seeing them around town as children! On their own! The dolls were still with the girls but they were no longer able to build relationships with them.

The game had taken the IFs and turned them into some sort of service Sims and they were running around the town. They were still dresses as IFs but had Sim heads. Freaky....I annihilated the doppelgangers and then they respawned the next day. So annihilated those and deleted the IFs.

I was reminded all over again why I can't stand them.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you other than to say that I can't stand those things.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited February 2015
    I had this happen to me when Generations had just come out (so it was still pretty buggy...I mean buggier) and I was unable to fix it becuase the doll itself was gone. Does the doll have a name? Can you try to use reset sim on the IF and then use testing cheats to delete the doll if you wanted to get rid of it, but initially when Generations came out, I thought this was a glitch because I had failed to make the IF human in an allotted period of time, so they were no longer accessible for me to do so. I now, always delete the IF's the minute my sim babies get them.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley