Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Low resolution interface?

Hi

Playing the Sims 4 on an iMac 27" at 2560x1440, I've noticed that the interface graphics seem to be rendered at quite low resolution. The game itself - the Sims, the 3D world and so on - is fine and looks amazing at this resolution, but all the icons on bar at the bottom of the interface are noticeably jagged and pixelated.

I'm guessing that there are no Retina-class interface art assets included with the game? Has anyone using a Retina MacBook Pro or similar noticed this problem, or is it unique to the 27" iMacs because of the large screen size?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    slydarslydar Posts: 26 Member
    As a follow-up to this post:

When I set the Sims 4 to 2560x1440, the game actually switches the screen resolution into 1280x720 HiDPI mode! Although the game settings are saying one thing, the Mac Displays control panel clearly shows the resolution switched to HiDPI and all other programs are now running in Retina mode.

This is really, really weird behaviour, since this Mac is NOT a Retina display. Yes, it has a large and relatively high-res display, but it's not a true Retina screen, so forcing HiDPI is an odd choice, to say the least. It does mean that the 3D components of the world look amazing - pin-sharp even with Edge Smoothing turned off, but the lack of Retina art assets makes the interface look pants.