Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intel HD 4000 graphics cards

Comments

• QueenDivettaQueenDivetta Posts: 1,332 Member
    Is Time Machine still running though? Do you have the little icon in the top right of your desktop even when the drive isn't plugged in? I'm just wondering whether the connection is interfering with Origin in some way. Also, what router do you have?

I didn't know there was a way to turn it off completely. Yes, I have the little clock in the upper right. How do I turn it off?

My router is cisco Linksys E2500, but I tried at my parents' house (different router) and the same thing happened so I don't think it's that
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited February 2015
    Is Time Machine still running though? Do you have the little icon in the top right of your desktop even when the drive isn't plugged in? I'm just wondering whether the connection is interfering with Origin in some way. Also, what router do you have?

I didn't know there was a way to turn it off completely. Yes, I have the little clock in the upper right. How do I turn it off?

System Preferences > Time Machine then just slide it to off. I'm afraid I'm not a massive fan of Time Machine and tend to back up manually by dragging the stuff I want to backup onto an external drive. It also caused issues with TS3 sometimes.
    My router is cisco Linksys E2500, but I tried at my parents' house (different router) and the same thing happened so I don't think it's that

No, it probably isn't then :) Do you know what your internet speed is? You can test it at speedtest.net. Just click on Begin Test and DON'T click on any ads for optimising your Mac :)
    apple-signature.png
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

System Preferences > Time Machine then just slide it to off. I'm afraid I'm not a massive fan of Time Machine and tend to back up manually by dragging the stuff I want to backup onto an external drive. It also caused issues with TS3 sometimes.

No, it probably isn't then :) Do you know what your internet speed is? You can test it at speediest.net. Just click on Begin Test and DON'T click on any ads for optimising your Mac :)

I went to that link to test my speed and it is nothing but google ads lol. I don't see a begin test button anywhere.
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited February 2015
    Aaaargh, typo - sorry :( stupid autocorrect. I'll change it now.

It's speedtest.net
    apple-signature.png
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Aaaargh, typo - sorry :( stupid autocorrect. I'll change it now.

It's speedtest.net

Thanks!

My download speed is 18.32 mbps, and upload speed is 5.45 mbps. Sound good? (and the ping is 27 ms if that matters)
    WLfAA9V.png
    @brookesaywhatx - yep, sounds great :)
    apple-signature.png
  • elinedggelinedgg Posts: 5 New Member
    > @crinrict said:
    > What OS Version do you guys have ? I've read at least two reports now where updating to Yosemite solved the issues.

I have Yosemite.
    Right now I have pretty much everything set to low except 3D Scene Resolution, View Distance and Sims (and laptop mode enabled) and I'm able to run it without much trouble. And it looks much better.
  • XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Name (database): Mobile IvyBridge GT2 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
    Vendor: Intel
    Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0166, Board: 000000fa, Chipset: 0009
    Driver: Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine, Version: 0.0.0.0
    Driver version: 0
    Monitor: 00000000
    Texture memory: 1024MB

@BluebellFlora Sorry for the late reply, but it seems that they're more or like the same compared to others'.

> @crinrict said:
    > What OS Version do you guys have ? I've read at least two reports now where updating to Yosemite solved the issues.

I also have Yosemite installed and everything is working flawlessly for me, currently I have edge smoothing on low, Sims on Very High, Objects on High, and everything else is low/med and laptop mode is unchecked. I get better FPS on OS X than I did with bootcamp, so it could very well be upgrading to Yosemite may solve the problems pertaining to the HD 4000s!
    Xalerich wrote: »

@BluebellFlora Sorry for the late reply, but it seems that they're more or like the same compared to others'.

That's perfect. I wanted to make sure you had the exact same as everyone else.

Apart from @Xalerich and @elinedgg, how many of you with just this Intel HD 4000 are managing to play, even if it's with the lowest settings?

apple-signature.png
  • lilacfaery06lilacfaery06 Posts: 668 Member
    I have the HD Intel 4000
    I have all settings on low but my sims are grainy and pixilated - I don't have Yosemite so I am downloading that now to see

Anyway my config log:
    Texture memory: 512MB
    Vertex program: 1.50
    Pixel program: 1.50
  • CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Xalerich wrote: »

That's perfect. I wanted to make sure you had the exact same as everyone else.

Apart from @Xalerich and @elinedgg, how many of you with just this Intel HD 4000 are managing to play, even if it's with the lowest settings?

I'm able to play fine on low-ish settings.
    I have the HD Intel 4000
    I have all settings on low but my sims are grainy and pixilated - I don't have Yosemite so I am downloading that now to see

Anyway my config log:

Great, please post back asap and let us know - good luck!
    apple-signature.png
    Courfeyrac wrote: »

Ok, what OS are you running?

apple-signature.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @BluebellFlora im useless for full mac issues but in case this could be of help have you also been checking everyones drivers? i did a quick search and saw some interesting stuff like some older drivers seem to limit 4000 options i even found this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573528, of course to only be considered by someone proficient with troubleshooting if at all.
    I've just tweeted EA Support and they replied saying they are aware of this issue. They are reading Crin's thread at Answers HQ to try and work out the issue so it may help if all of you suffering from this posted over there too:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-MAC-Sims-in-CAS-pixaled-or-Cloth-Not-showing/m-p/4340473#U4340473

Don't forget to give them all the info they've asked for. Just copy and past from here :)
    apple-signature.png
  • ec2492ec2492 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all,

I'm on Yosemite with the HD 4000 graphics card and was having the issues last night. Did everything suggested in this thread and now can play the game with default low settings. I want to try changing to low medium but too afraid of everything messing up again ha

at least everything seems to be running smoothly on low. going to try changing to laptop mode as well

thanks for the tips this all really helped
    edited February 2015
    ec2492 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm on Yosemite with the HD 4000 graphics card and was having the issues last night. Did everything suggested in this thread and now can play the game with default low settings. I want to try changing to low medium but too afraid of everything messing up again ha

at least everything seems to be running smoothly on low. going to try changing to laptop mode as well

thanks for the tips this all really helped

If it borks again you should be able to get back to Low by dumping the options.ini file.

Are you running 10.10.2?
    apple-signature.png
  • CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Courfeyrac wrote: »

Ok, what OS are you running?

Yosemite.
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hey @BluebellFlora im useless for full mac issues but in case this could be of help have you also been checking everyones drivers? i did a quick search and saw some interesting stuff like some older drivers seem to limit 4000 options i even found this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1573528, of course to only be considered by someone proficient with troubleshooting if at all.

Yes, they all seem to have this from the config.log:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13325827/#Comment_13325827

The VRAM doesn't appear to be a factor, those with 1Gb VRAM are also experiencing it. Also, the OS will automatically allocate more VRAM if more is installed, e.g. go from 384Mb VRAM with 4Gb RAM up to 512Mb RAM with 8Gb RAM.

apple-signature.png
  • lilacfaery06lilacfaery06 Posts: 668 Member
    I have the HD Intel 4000

Anyway my config log:

Great, please post back asap and let us know - good luck!

All good - I can see my sims etc again :)
    @lilacfaery06 - YAYYYYY! And you've managed to up your graphics settings?
    apple-signature.png
    @courfeyrac - thanks.
    apple-signature.png
    No, it probably isn't then :) Do you know what your internet speed is? You can test it at speedtest.net. Just click on Begin Test and DON'T click on any ads for optimising your Mac :)

Download speed: 11.43 Mbps

If you'd like the upload speed and ping, let me know :) I'm gonna try shutting off time machine and see if origin works any better. I'll let you know!
    Nope, same problem. For about 15 seconds it downloads at about 2 Mbps and then over the next 15 seconds or so goes all the way down until it freezes at 0 Mbps until I restart Origin.
  • GenevaGeneva Posts: 10 New Member
    I changed the graphic setting to ultra and now the game crashes as soon as I start it up.
    I already uninstalled and will reinstall but now I see there's a way to fix it. Oh well.