Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will CC and Mods work

Comments

• Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    Oh, that is familiar. I smell a mesh-bone bug. Just like the one that was fixed previously.

@SimGuruModSquad: Could it be?

(I have no intimate knowledge about this topic, but if I can get the investigation on the right track...)
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    toootickitoooticki Posts: 10 New Member
    @SimGuruModSquad I've been testing my cc now and when I put like 50-60 .package-files in my Mods-folder everything works great. But as soon as I put all my cc there at the same time ( 400-500 .package-files ), the game won't even start.. I get a message that says: Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. When I remove the cc, the game works fine again.

To me, it looks like all of my cc works if I place a smaller amount of it in my game. Is there some sort of limit of how much cc you can have, like @Courfeyrac said before? When I played on my sisters PC I had a lot more cc, and it was never a problem..

I found two more pieces of cc that makes my game crash immediately :
    h t t p ://hautfashionsims4.tumblr.com/post/109822056716/surprise-🐸🐸🐸🐸-hfs-presents-givenchy-septum-ring
    ht t p ://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=jinhee_a&logNo=220272290335&categoryNo=102&parentCategoryNo=
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'll be honest. I can't get houses that I've downloaded from MTS to show up. I put the lots in the Tray folder like they said and I've only gotten two of the houses to show up in my Library. I've only downloaded 6 lots. I can't say I'm thrilled with the way the houses are packaged and put in the game. I wish I could keep the house information all in one folder and add it that way. Is there something else I'm missing?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    mileyycyruss12mileyycyruss12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I always get the error [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000] and before installing my mods my game worked. I tried the 50/50 (take out a few mods to see if the game works), but I still got the error. Later I took all the mods out, and it worked .. I really want to use my mods, but I don’t know which one of them is causing the crash/damage. (Sorry if my English is bad I’m German :D) what can I do ?
  • Options
    At this point in time, I would say do not use the Mods unless you want to screen them one by one to pinpoint the exact one. EA is aware that using Script mods can crash the game on Macs and is working to find a solution.
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Hello,
    My game keeps crashing but not giving me any error file. I just get the default mac pop telling me it crashes. There is no freezing or anything before hand, it just cuts off. Could this be a problem with my CC?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    This thread is so incredibly helpful :D
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    CourfeyracCourfeyrac Posts: 81 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    Hello,
    My game keeps crashing but not giving me any error file. I just get the default mac pop telling me it crashes. There is no freezing or anything before hand, it just cuts off. Could this be a problem with my CC?

Have you tried taking all your CC out and seeing if it still crashes? As you can probably tell from the thread, a lot of us have been having issues with CC, so it's possible the same is happening to you.
  • Options
    DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > At this point in time, I would say do not use the Mods unless you want to screen them one by one to pinpoint the exact one. EA is aware that using Script mods can crash the game on Macs and is working to find a solution.

Have they officially stated that they are working on a patch for Mac? :)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > At this point in time, I would say do not use the Mods unless you want to screen them one by one to pinpoint the exact one. EA is aware that using Script mods can crash the game on Macs and is working to find a solution.

Have they officially stated that they are working on a patch for Mac? :)

Yes - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13324473/#Comment_13324473
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ElairkirbyElairkirby Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    @SimGuruModSquad Is there any reason my game would be crashing on start up just from adding mods? They're not even scripting mods. Just hair and such. It's been so frustrating! They'll show up in the game (if it magically even starts up) and then the game will crash. Take out all the mods and it runs beautifully.
  • Options
    toootickitoooticki Posts: 10 New Member
    @Elairkirby I have the exact same issue. So frustrating! Right now I have about 80 pieces of cc but as soon as I add more the game crashes when I try to start it.. :neutral_face:
  • Options
    CatieConQuesoCatieConQueso Posts: 12 New Member
    I've found that merging my CC helped with crashes. I haven't had any crashes on start up recently, and the game seems to run smoother than before. I feel like this is a band aid fix instead of something permanent, but at least it helps. Fingers crossed that it keeps working!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I always get the error [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000] and before installing my mods my game worked. I tried the 50/50 (take out a few mods to see if the game works), but I still got the error. Later I took all the mods out, and it worked .. I really want to use my mods, but I don’t know which one of them is causing the crash/damage. (Sorry if my English is bad I’m German :D) what can I do ?

As @Tremayne4260 said, the issue seems to be with script mods -- they're the ones with the .zip extension (the ones the instructions say not to unzip). Tuning mods, typically with .package extension, seem to be fine. EA is aware of the issue and is working on a fix to be included in the March patch. (Glad we'll have it well before GTW comes out apparently!)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Hello,

Can you post your specs? If you're on an older OS (especially if you haven't upgraded past Mountain Lion) an operating system upgrade might help. Also, check your Sims 4 file in My Documents/Electronic Arts -- there should be a crash report in there though doubt it will tell much for those of us who don't speak computerese (one of the reasons I want to get back to college in April if I can). B)

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Jumped into this thread late so apologies if someone has already posted the official guidance. Here it is, just in case.

A small number of players are encountering a crash caused by the introduction of modded content into the game. We recommend that you do not add any mods or custom content to your Mac version of The Sims 4 until this situation has been resolved. The Studio is working on a fix and will update players once a solution has been found.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    tarynkaybtarynkayb Posts: 60 Member
    @Elairkirby, I've been having serious issues with my CC hair crashing my game.
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Hello,

Can you post your specs? If you're on an older OS (especially if you haven't upgraded past Mountain Lion) an operating system upgrade might help. Also, check your Sims 4 file in My Documents/Electronic Arts -- there should be a crash report in there though doubt it will tell much for those of us who don't speak computerese (one of the reasons I want to get back to college in April if I can). B)

Hello, my specs are these;
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Version 10.9.5 (I think Mavericks)

All my settings are medium with a few lows. I'm having no gameplay issues (lag etc) except the crashes. I'll try without mods tomorrow. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hello,

Hello, my specs are these;
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Version 10.9.5 (I think Mavericks)

All my settings are medium with a few lows. I'm having no gameplay issues (lag etc) except the crashes. I'll try without mods tomorrow. Thank you.

You might want to check the technical issues thread (stickied at the top of the Mac forum) but I think some folks with Intel 3000 reported better performance when they upgraded to Yosemite (current version is 10.10.2). It's a free upgrade so worth a shot. B)
  • Options
    Jumped into this thread late so apologies if someone has already posted the official guidance. Here it is, just in case.

A small number of players are encountering a crash caused by the introduction of modded content into the game. We recommend that you do not add any mods or custom content to your Mac version of The Sims 4 until this situation has been resolved. The Studio is working on a fix and will update players once a solution has been found.

Tuning mods seem to be working fine, but not using any might not be a bad idea though many of us mod users might have trouble playing full vanilla. :\

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Tuning mods seem to be working fine, but not using any might not be a bad idea though many of us mod users might have trouble playing full vanilla. :\

Well, if a fix is coming in March I think everyone can wait a month without it. Lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Hannah707Hannah707 Posts: 20 New Member
    So is this patch going to help with crashes all together with CC or just for script mods? I know script mods will make my comp crash but Im having the issue where adding more CC makes it crash. Ive been adding one at a time to see if its corrupt but ALL my CC can't be bad if its ran before.
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey all, update on Mac Mods/CC issues posted here.
  • Options
    spacecadet103spacecadet103 Posts: 2 New Member
    i have a mac and play sims 4 through origin. i enabled script mods in the game options and restarted the game so it could take effect. then i downloaded a bunch of mods put them in the Sims 4>Mods folder. the Resource file is still in that folder as well. now when i try to start the game it gives me this message "Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]" If i remove the mods from the folder, the game works (thankfully). but i would like to play sims with my mods. how can i fix this?
  • Options
    At this point in time, you will have to play without mods and wait until the creator of the mod either updates it or creates a new one.

Because the patches for TS3 were not that frequent and we got one maybe every three, four or even six months, the modders had a chance to update their mods and usually advertised when they had updated to the latest patch. NRAAS/Twillian comes to mind. I never patched until he had updated to the latest patch. With TS4 the patches are coming far more frequently either every week or two weeks, and it is difficult for the modders to tell which parts of the game code have changed which affect their mods.

At this point in time, I do not play with mods. The game does not need any to keep it running and unless it is changing game play, those are subject to change as each patch is released.