Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 vs sims 3

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS2 sims had really bad looking eyes and noses in vanilla form imo.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    A comparison:

CC
    snapshot_01f54551_e1f5455c_zps9cb7a98c.jpg

vs.

No-CC
    tumblr_mme69eRl2W1rmcu2qo1_400.png
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I agree with you, I also think the eyebrows on the sims 3 sims were better, but if you look carefully you'le notice that sims 2 sims had hair roots.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with you, I also think the eyebrows on the sims 3 sims were better, but if you look carefully you'le notice that sims 2 sims had hair roots.
    Hair in 2 was awesome. It even moved!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    That's another point to the sims 2 it was made in 2004 and sims 3 2009 and sims 4 2014
  • Options
    That's another point to the sims 2 it was made in 2004 and sims 3 2009 and sims 4 2014
    I have no idea why they couldn't do it in 3 or 4. It's such a minor detail but I love it. :D
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    I have no idea why they couldn't do it in 3 or 4. It's such a minor detail but I love it. :D
    It would have probably caused lag.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I saw a TS2 "walkby's" ponytail move in the wind this weekend & was enchanted. There's something about the angular quality, the skin contrast (which the makeup does not help), and a lot of the male townie noses that turn me off of the TS2 Sims looks. Love the game, though. But then, I am apparently a weirdo because I find the TS3 Simmies the nicest to look at (without CC) & everyone seems to hate them. In fact, I don't like the way TS3 Simmies look with CC. Too shiny & plastic-surgery-y. To me.
    ~ducks & waits for hail of insults~
  • Options
    Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    I think sims 3 is better than sims 2. Not only the graphics are better but it has open world too.
  • Options
    Jooshh1 wrote: »
    I think sims 3 is better than sims 2. Not only the graphics are better but it has open world too.
    Is there anything else that the sims 3 better than the sims 2 other than graphics, create a style and open world?
  • Options
    Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    Expansion Packs in sims 3 were better than these in sims 2 too.
  • Options
    Is there anything else that the sims 3 better than the sims 2 other than graphics, create a style and open world?
    To me: Seasons, pets, University and Story progression.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    To me: Seasons, pets, University and Story progression.
    Expansion Packs in sims 3 were better than these in sims 2 too.
    Expansion packs don't count, my thread is focusing on the base game any other DLC or pack is void.

Not everyone liked story progression, I love it, but it has destroyed rotational play in the sims 3, anther thing I would like to clarify is that this is purely my opinion, and I respect yours, I'm not making any statements.

I would also like to rephrase my question, what aspect of gameplay in the sims 3 do you think is better than sims 2 other than actual features?
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    AMariseS wrote: »
    I saw a TS2 "walkby's" ponytail move in the wind this weekend & was enchanted. There's something about the angular quality, the skin contrast (which the makeup does not help), and a lot of the male townie noses that turn me off of the TS2 Sims looks. Love the game, though. But then, I am apparently a weirdo because I find the TS3 Simmies the nicest to look at (without CC) & everyone seems to hate them. In fact, I don't like the way TS3 Simmies look with CC. Too shiny & plastic-surgery-y. To me.

I like they way TS3 sims look as well, you're not the only one :)
    I find them endearing because of their fat little pudding heads. Though regardless of what people say, it IS possible to make pretty and diverse looking TS3 sims.
    TS2 sims do look gorgeous with CC they're not always staring, scary eyed creatures.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    The vanilla eyes in 2 looked like octagons TBH. And vanilla TS3 faces looked like spheres.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

I find them endearing because of their fat little pudding heads. Though regardless of what people say, it IS possible to make pretty and diverse looking TS3 sims.
    TS2 sims do look gorgeous with CC they're not always staring, scary eyed creatures.
    I was really confused when I heard people said that the sims 3 sims had pudding face, but I guess it has something to do with our opinion.
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

I was really confused when I heard people said that the sims 3 sims had pudding face, but I guess it has something to do with our opinion.
    When people say "pudding face", they mean the chubby faces, and not-so-prominent facial features of TS3 sims when all the sliders are set to the default 0. The bad thing is, all randomly generated NPCs and role sims will be pudding faces. I always have to edit them in CAS to get rid of it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Freakystyley85Freakystyley85 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think that Sims 3 Sims are much prettier. But it is because you can change so much on their faces.
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I'm really torn between the two. I have just started playing sims 3 again now I have a better laptop and am enjoying it but you really need mods to make it a good game and to run well. Where as sims 2 is a great game as it is.
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited July 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    GoodFairy wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05
    @joleaco‌

I used that picture to show that it is not fair to comparer the sims 3 with cc to sims 4 as so many people do that.

Agreed.

This is one of the farest comparison between games I have ever seen

Bella_Goth%27s_Original_Appearances.png

True! I really don't like how TS3 sims look. Still love the look of TS2 sims a lot more. Even and especially without CC.

Btw: When looking at the Bella images, I have to asked, why did they make her so "pale" in this iteration? Did anybody noticed the difference between Cassandra TS4 version and TS2 version? I loved her original look.... well.

I noticed that, I wonder why EA did that, probably for the same reason the changed the Caliente family.

latest?cb=20120814165136

latest?cb=20140907112759

Why are people who create Sims so afraid to actually make them look like they did in a previous game? I find that very disappointing when people have the talent to do it, they just won't. Example, this picture of Cassandra has a totally different face shape and eye placement than the Cassandra from TS4. Why won't anyone actually give Cassandra in the TS4 a longish face shape like she has in the TS2 and closer placement of her eyes? than the short, squished up round face of this TS4 Cassandra? You know, I guess this is the fault of my art teacher many years ago, who kept telling me 'draw what you see'....over and over that was her advice to me during my two year course with her.

That must have sunk in somehow, because I see the TS2's Sim's face is a total different shape than the Sim in the TS4 as Cassandra. Not picking on anyone, but if people want me to be under the illusion the Sim from a past game is this Sim in the new game, then they are going to have to at least not just make it look like some distant representation, (which could be any other Sims with a different hairstyle) and at least get the face shape, the nose, the brow bone, and the cheeks correct.

But everyone can blame that on my art teacher who helped me win a first prize for all counties in a state competition when drawing a portrait for that state competition. It never left me...draw what you see.

i agree with you. i made over the calientes to look like they did in the sims 2.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    there's something i like about all the sims because i feel nostalgic for each of these games. I use a lot of CC too tho, I like having more options for creativity.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    I had a go at the Sims 3 when it came out but I wasn't really taken with it. I just felt like there was a lot that changed from The Sims 2 that I didn't like (eg only being able to play one family, rabbit hole community lots). I may have given it more of a go had I not been a student and could have afforded the EPs. So I stuck with S2 and I still think it's the best Sims games and way better than S4. The sims in it might look outdated now but they are much deeper and move and behave more realistically, which I prefer over the better looking but really boring S4 sims. I also didn't like the cartoonish feel of the S3 sims either.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    One thing I really wish had made it into TS2 that TS3 had: Horses.

I got CC deco horses but it's not the same...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    IanzIanz Posts: 1 New Member
    I wonder if :
    - Sims 2 home object details is put on Sims 3
    - The way that sims enter the car on the Sims 2 is put on Sims 3
    - The size of the game on hard drive is similar to sims 2 and max 4 GB
    - Unable to create road
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Freakystyley85
    Now we got custom sliders so no excuses to improve your sims 2 faces at least. For body they aren't exist yet.

@Scribal_Goddess
    not yet a mod to ride horses? I swear I thought it exists.

Sims 2 is old but it still magic. if only we could had the open world i'll be happy and i'll be happy if we got the interactions that lacks from ts2 to ts3, a freetime ep , true hollidays, pinguin in winter, etc and everything that is missing from ts2 to ts3 and everything that ts3 improved in ts2 but that's a dream ahaha.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)